The Grand Tour. (Top Gear is dead).

K

• Replies 906
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:o

Rare Bugatti crashes into trees

A car worth more than £800,000 was involved in a collision with a van before crashing into trees.

The accident occurred in heavy rain on a 40mph section of Renfree Way, Shepperton, Surrey, on Sunday.

The rare Bugatti Veyron collided with a Vauxhall Astra van carrying a pregnant woman, who was taken to hospital as a precaution but later went home.

No one else was hurt but police have reported the Bugatti driver for driving without due care and attention.

Surrey Police said the luxury car was driven by a man who had a male passenger with him.

A man and a woman were travelling in the Astra.

The accident occurred at 1440 GMT and the road was closed until 1630 GMT.

The eight-litre, hand-crafted Veyron has a top speed in excess of 250mph.

The 1,000 horsepower Bugatti can accelerate from 0 to 60mph in 2.5 seconds.

_42647245_bugattiwide2_416.jpg

_42647261_bugattifront2_416.jpg

That car was the sex. :crying:

Guest Takayamanofear

Something has been bugging me I watched a Episode of Mythbusters recently. They said that it was impossible to beat a speed camera but they only went 140. Didn't Top Gear beat a camera a few years back going about 160?

They did do an episode where they went as fast as they could past a speed camera to see what its limit was. If I could remember which episode it was I'd go and check...but I don't, so I'm not going through 90-odd episodes to find it. >_>

OK Stoker, i'll save you the hardship of having to watch that first series by giving you the synop on wiki for that episode.

Challenge: The Stig had to drive fast enough to be undetected by a speed camera. After attempts in a Honda Civic Type R (129 mph)and a Mercedes CL55 AMG (148 mph), he finally did it at 170mph in a TVR Tuscan S.

In return I want you to get cracking on that PM I sent you....now!