The Grand Tour. (Top Gear is dead).

K

• Replies 906
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I won't let cancer kill me. If I'm diagnosed as terminal, I'll just take a car to an aircraft carrier and drive it off the edge. I'm reliably informed that doing so will allow me to be reincarnated with no ill-effects, and in a different colour.

Watched a great challenge in a repeat earlier, where Clarkson had to race a marathon runner along the marathon route, Clarkson was of course by car, and the marathon runner won! It was a great skit anyway, but there was an hilarious bit after, when Hammond was pissing himself laughing at Clarkson losing to someone on foot, and Clarkson says something like:

"You can stop laughing, you've tried to beat me in a train and failed, you tried to beat me in a plane and failed, last week you had a boat and were sick twice, yet this man just beat me using nothing more than half a horse-power and some toast!"

Hilarious.

Top Gear will return, BBC insists

Top Gear will return in the summer, the BBC has said - despite host Jeremy Clarkson declaring that it will not.

At the end of the latest series last week, the BBC Two announcer stated the show would be back in the summer.

But in his newspaper column in The Sun, Clarkson said: "Can I just say, here and now, it won't be."

A BBC spokesman responded by saying: "Top Gear will be back. A summer special is planned." A new series would reach screens in the autumn, he added.

Ratings winner

"We're expecting all three boys to present the programmes."

But he refused to give any further details or explain the confusion.

The show made a successful comeback in January, four months after co-host Richard Hammond was involved in a serious high-speed crash while filming.

An estimated eight million people tuned in to see the last episode in the series on Sunday - BBC Two's largest audience for 10 years.

Maybe there's confusion about whether it will 'return' in the Summer or Autumn, depending on how one would define 'return'?

Edited by stokeriño

• Admin

Yeah I think it's just a case of Clarkson being Clarkson and having to be right. It'll be back in the autumn with all 3 of them, trust. (Y)

Top Gear is never on in the summer because it's usually a quiet time for motoring news in general. It's always on at the start and end of the year.

Watched a great challenge in a repeat earlier, where Clarkson had to race a marathon runner along the marathon route, Clarkson was of course by car, and the marathon runner won! It was a great skit anyway, but there was an hilarious bit after, when Hammond was pissing himself laughing at Clarkson losing to someone on foot, and Clarkson says something like:

"You can stop laughing, you've tried to beat me in a train and failed, you tried to beat me in a plane and failed, last week you had a boat and were sick twice, yet this man just beat me using nothing more than half a horse-power and some toast!"

Hilarious.

• 6 months later...

I was completely unaware that it was returning this weekend until a few minutes ago, so I'll post it here for the sake of others:

TOP GEAR SEASON 10, 8pm SUNDAY BBC2. REMEMBER IT, BITCHES.

"In episode 1 of this 10 episode series, the trio take three lightweight supercars across Europe in search of the world's best roads. Meanwhile, the Star in the Reasonably Priced Car is none other than Dame Helen Mirren."

Would Germany's autobahns be too obvious a winner?

"Best roads" might be most enjoyable or stunning roads to drive -then you've got the Alpine mountain roads, you've got Denmark/Sweden (and the bridge between the two that Clarkson drove across on his way to Norway the other season), you've even got Snake Pass in Scotland.

Also, driving on the Autobahn back in the early 90s was the weirdest experience. It was all smooth and fast until we hit the former East Germany and at that moment the roads were potholed, gravelly and definitely slower.