The Grand Tour. (Top Gear is dead).

K

When my friend was at uni he could get tickets. His friend who was studying on the same course got offered to go most weeks.

However that's because they were studying car design at Coventry uni (one of only two car design courses in he country - the other being London Art) and the BBC offered tickets to car design students and the like.

• Replies 906
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's everyone's favourite Top Gear segment? (Someone was bound to ask eventually ¬_¬).

Mine has to be the challenge to build an amphibious vehicle, it was fucking hilarious, and sheer genius, all wrapped into one.

A close second was the 'buy a Jaguar for £1000" challenge, where Clarkson ended up painting his with blackboard paint because he had no money left to do it up, and won the challenge by selling it as scrap metal, two lounge chairs and a coffee table ¬_¬

An even closer third was the one where they tried to destroy a Toyota pickup, and couldn't.

Edited by Farmer Reil

What's everyone's favourite Top Gear segment? (Someone was bound to ask eventually ¬_¬).

Mine has to be the challenge to build an amphibious vehicle, it was fucking hilarious, and sheer genius, all wrapped into one.

A close second was the 'buy a Jaguar for £1000" challenge, where Clarkson ended up painting his with blackboard paint because he had no money left to do it up, and won the challenge by selling it as scrap metal, two lounge chairs and a coffee table ¬_¬

An even closer third was the one where they tried to destroy a Toyota pickup, and couldn't.

I watched a repeat last night with a race from Italy to London. Clarkson was in a car that I missed the name of, but he called it the 'Best car ever built', and May was flying him and Hammond in a small plane. Some of it was hilarious, like May neglecting to mention that he wasn't licenced to fly at night so they had to land in France and catch the Eurostar. Then they thought they had it won, dashed to the meeting place to find Clarkson sat there drinking a pint! It was hilarious.

I watched a repeat last night with a race from Italy to London. Clarkson was in a car that I missed the name of, but he called it the 'Best car ever built', and May was flying him and Hammond in a small plane. Some of it was hilarious, like May neglecting to mention that he wasn't licenced to fly at night so they had to land in France and catch the Eurostar. Then they thought they had it won, dashed to the meeting place to find Clarkson sat there drinking a pint! It was hilarious.

Even more than that, I liked how one of them spent all the money on cleaning the engine, only for something to blow and oil to go everywhere.

The amphibious car was awesome, I can't remember a lot of them, so I enjoy that they keep it funny all the time. Like this time with the roadworks in 24 hours.

I've always said it, I don't like cars but I can watch Top Gear for its sheer funniness.

Youtube here I come ¬_¬

Edited by IAceI

• Admin

It was buy a Porsche for under £1500, just thought I'd point that out. :shifty:

Did anyone catch what someone from the audience shouted just after Hammy said something along the lines of 'my head then dug into the ground and the car stopped!'

He shot them a proper dirty look, and there was like a second of complete silence before people started clapping.