Transfer Talk

Steeb

• Replies 672
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Morientes has gone to Valencia too, for £3mill.

5 July 2006

Fabio Aurelio [Valencia - Liverpool] Free

Scott Canham [Farnborough - Grays] Free

Seb Carole [brighton - Leeds] Free

Tomasz Cywka [Gwarek Zabrze - Wigan] Undisclosed

Adam Green [Fulham - Grays] Free

Malvin Kamara [Milton Keynes Dons - Cardiff] Free

Stan Lazaridis [birmingham - Perth Glory] Free

Nick McKoy [Milton Keynes Dons - Cardiff] Free

Fernando Morientes [Liverpool - Valencia] £3m

Scott Musgrive [Cheltenham - Stamford] Free

Bradley Wright-Phillips [Manchester City - Southampton] Undisclosed

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4 July 2006

Mark Boyd [Accrington - Southport] Free

Ramon Calliste [Liverpool - Scunthorpe] Free

Michael Coulson [scarborough - Barnsley] Free

Tom Curtis [Chester - Notts County] Free

Delroy Facey [Tranmere - Rotherham] Free

Tony Grant [burscough - Southport] Free

Eddie Hutchinson [brentford - Oxford] Free

Gavin Johnson [Northampton - Oxford] Free

Roger Johnson [Wycombe - Cardiff] £275,000

Mikele Leigertwood [Crystal Palace - Sheffield United] £600,000

Lee Mansell [Oxford - Torquay] Undisclosed

Jon-Paul McGovern [sheffield Wednesday - MK Dons] Free

Sacha Opinel [Crawley - Gravesend] Free

Gabriel Paletta [Atletico Banfield - Liverpool] £2m

Chris Perry [Charlton - West Brom] Free

Carl Pettefer [southend - Oxford] Free

Neil Roberts [Doncaster - Wrexham] Free

Michael Taylor [Cheltenham - Halifax] Free

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3 July 2006

Justin Bowler [Halifax - Altrincham] Free

Steve Bushell [Halifax - Altrincham] Free

Drissa Diallo [sheffield Wednesday - MK Dons] Free

Darren Dunning [York - Harrogate Town] Free

Marc Goodfellow [Grimsby - Bury] Free

Francis Jeffers [unattached - Blackburn] Free

Kelvin Jack [Dundee - Gillingham] Free

Derek McInnes [Dundee United - Millwall] Free

Eddie Odhiambo-Anaclet [Tamworth - Oxford] Free

Sean O'Hanlon [swindon - MK Dons] Tribunal

Gareth Owen [Oldham - Stockport] Loan

David Raven [Liverpool - Carlisle] Free

Jason Roberts [Wigan - Blackburn] Undisclosed

Craig Rocastle [sheffield Wednesday - Oldham] Free

Ashley Westwood [ Northampton - Chester] Free

2 July 2006

Marcus Gayle [brentford - Aldershot] Free

John Grant [Halifax - Aldershot] Free

1 July 2006

Adam Rundle [Mansfield - Rochdale] Free

Chris Weale [Yeovil - Bristol City] Free

Liverpool have signed Aurelio, Paletta and Gonzalez has been granted a one year work permit. Squad's starting to look strong all over now, we've got cover in each position (except maybe up front, need to see how Pongolle, Bellamy and Fowler do).

Man United want Kuszczak? (0_o)

Bryan Robson has confirmed Manchester United have enquired about West Brom goalkeeper Tomasz Kuszczak.

Reports have linked The Red Devils with a £2 million bid for the Poland international, who impressed in The Premiership last season.

Following The Baggies' relegation from the top flight, question marks have been placed over the futures of several members of Robson's squad.

Kuszczak recently stated he would be happy to stay at The Hawthorns, but he could now be offered the chance of a move to Old Trafford.

United boss Sir Alex Ferguson is looking for a reliable number two to Edwin van der Sar, having allowed Tim Howard to join Everton on a season-long loan.

The promising Ben Foster is also likely to spend next term away from United, prompting Ferguson to enquire after Kuszczak.

The 24-year-old had a stunning game against United at the end of the 2004/05 season after coming on as a substitute in a 1-1 draw at Old Trafford.

He established himself as West Brom's first choice last term, following an injury to Chris Kirkland, and was selected in Poland's World Cup squad.

But a mistake in a pre-tournament friendly against Colombia cost the former Hertha Berlin keeper his chance of dislodging Artur Boruc.

Robson is now digesting United's enquiry and reports have suggested he would like to take either Giuseppe Rossi or Kieran Richardson on loan in exchange.

The Red Devils, though, would prefer to keep the pair at the club, but would reportedly be willing to allow keeper Luke Steele to head to the Midlands.

Newcastle United have brushed off reports linking them with a move for former England captain David Beckham.

The Daily Mail newspaper claimed Beckham, 31, and wife Victoria had talks with Newcastle chairman Freddy Shepherd in top London hotel Claridges.

But a statement on the club website said: "Newcastle United never comments on transfer speculation."

And Beckham's representative in Spain, Simon Oliveira, insisted: "There's no truth of a meeting taking place."

He claimed it was purely coincidence that the Real Madrid midfielder and Shepherd were at the hotel around the same time.

"David dropped Victoria at Claridges to have a meeting with her publishers regarding her new book. It just so happened that Shepherd was also there," Oliveira said.

"But David and Victoria didn't meet with Freddy Shepherd and they haven't discussed a move to Newcastle."

The Mail has pictures of Victoria Beckham and Shepherd leaving the hotel separately but none of Beckham, who they claim was "smuggled away through a different exit".

Newcastle stated: "The club has always enjoyed a close relationship with Real Madrid and would never do anything to spoil that relationship."

New Real president Ramon Calderon has already said he would like Beckham to stay at the Bernabeu "forever".

Calderon added: "He is a brilliant player and the supporters here are very much for him. He is also important in the commercial area."

The Mail claims a package of £120,000 a week could tempt Beckham to return to the Premiership, but Oliveira insisted they were seeking an extension to the one year left on the player's Real Madrid deal.

"We are in negotiations to renew his contract," he said.

"All parties have shown a desire to tie up a new deal and it will come sooner rather than later."

Guest Ringo Hates Divers

So wait, Man Utd's after the goalkeeper that let in the ball from the Columbia goalkeeper's free kick?

>_>

Nah, he's decent, but why bother bidding for him. Surely, if they needed a goalkeeper, they could wait until Monday/Tuesday, when all the teams start bidding for Buffon :shifty:

And Vincent Kompany has moved to Hamburg. I must say, the Hamburg team is looking delicious at this moment.

Kuszczak, bar the hilarious Columbia goal, is a pretty decent keeper and young as well - he just played for a shit team. He made save of the season if I remember rightly.

As for Beckham, as much money as you spend on him, he'll make you back in merchandising in about 6 months. Chinks love him.

Kuszczak had a great game at Goodison last year, saved everything, and nearly saved the equalising penalty.

And:

Wigan Athletic have completed the signing of Emile Heskey from Birmingham for a club record £5.5 million.

The 28-year-old England international penned a three-year deal at The JJB Stadium after agreeing personal terms with the Lancashire outfit.

"I want to play in The Premiership like every player does," Heskey told the club's website.

"What Wigan have achieved over the past few years is nothing short of amazing. I've talked to a lot of mates within the game and they have said nothing but good things about the manager and the way the club is run

"I was very impressed with how Paul Jewell sold the club to me, the ambition there is here and the role he sees for me. I can't wait to get started."

Latics boss Jewell was delighted to have concluded the deal.

"This is a major coup for Wigan Athletic, make no mistake," he said.

"I have said all along I want to bring real quality performers into this club and Emile fits into that category.

"He is the most high profile signing this club has ever made, but I've not bought him for his reputation, I've bought him because I know what he can do on a football field.

"He's played over 300 Premiership games, he was a mainstay in the Liverpool and England attack for several seasons and has played and scored in both the World Cup and the Uefa Cup.

"We have been monitoring the situation for a long time as regards his availability, and there were naturally several other clubs interested in a player of his quality.

"It speaks volumes about how far we have come as a club that we have beaten established Premiership clubs to net a player of his stature, just as he has reached his prime.

"I can understand Steve Bruce not wanting to sell him because he has been a big player for him and I expect Emile to make a major impact at Wigan, because he has the talent, the drive and the attitude to fit into the team and play a major part in our development. Of that I am totally convinced."

• Admin

idk which of these have been posted. I'm too lazy too check.

Sheffield United have signed Crystal Palace defender/midfielder Mikele Leigertwood for a £600k fee. The 23-year-old put pen to paper on a contract until 2009.

Southampton have swooped to sign Manchester City striker Bradley Wright-Phillips for an undisclosed fee. The 21-year-old has penned a deal at St. Mary's until 2009.

Iran midfielder Andranik Teymourian is to link up with Bolton Wanderers for a trial spell.

Shaka Hislop has gone from West Ham to FC Dallas. West Ham have completed the signing of Preston's Tyrone Mears for 1 million quid.

Bruno N'Gotty has gone to Birmingham from Bolton on a free. Brum have also released Chris Sutton.

Boro have released Doriva and Jimmy Flloyd Hassalbaink.

Francis Jeffers has left Charlton for Blackburn on a free. Jason Roberts has also signed.

Former Liverpool midfielder Erik Meijer has retired as well as Hidetoshi Nakata of Fiorentina.

Simon Walton has gone to Charlton from Leeds for 500k, kinda annoying that we've shipped out another youngster when we're getting on a more stable base but I guess we couldn't really stand in his way. I just hope we got some future incentives this time.

Guest Koupa Troopa

Nakata :'(

Since I'm a Hull supporter, Cort out for 1.5 and Turner in for about 350k is pure money. Turner to me is a much better defender than Cort is, plus Turner is younger.

• Admin

Rangers have snapped up Lyon midfielder Jeremy Clement on a three-year deal.

Rangers manager Paul Le Guen told his club's official website: "I worked with Jeremy at Lyon and he has a lot of quality.

"He is a young player with a lot of skill and his arrival will give us a balance in midfield. I am looking forward to working with him again."

Clement added: "I am very happy to join Rangers and it is very exciting to play for Paul Le Guen again.

"He gave me my chance at Lyon and I am looking forward to renewing our relationship in Glasgow.

"I know Rangers are a massive club with so many passionate supporters and this is a good chance for me to develop as a player in a different environment."