The Comic Book Thread (spoilers)

Your Mom

I don't know if you guys can help me, but is there any way I can read old comic books online? I used to love the Avengers and since the movie is coming out soon, I really wanna read the comics from the beginning again. I used to have the Essential Avengers Volumes 1 and 2, but I can't find them now. Is there anyway to read the comics online?

I didn't realize Marvel had a digital archive. That's pretty cool. Luckily, I found the Essential Avengers Volumes 1 and 2, and also Essential Thor. I'm gonna read through them and then think about getting the subscription online. I know I have other Essential Collections around, but I've still gotta find them.

Thanks for the help.

Yeah, if you want to pay Marvel will hook you up. There might be an app for DC as well, I don't know.

Prittymuch everything in comic apps comes down to http://www.comixology.com/ - You can just get their app instead of the millions comic apps that are around. (The walking dead, image, dc, marvel, scott pillgrem, bone... it´s all them and you can get all the books via one app and online on their side)

What should be noted however is that this dos not relate to the online archive by marvel, from what i know you can only read the marvel stuff on marvels side. No downloads, no Apps.

I personaly like comixology. You should check one of the free books on each side to find out what suits you better... or just get a propper comic reader and download scanns. >_>

Edited by Michael Matzat on a Plane

I'm not sure if there's help for me, or if I just threw away money for no real reason but...

I was excited when I stumbled upon comixology, specificly DC's Digital Store. I don't have a comic shop anywhere within my city or neighboring cities, so I tend to do alot of trade purchasing and miss big events and tie-ins.

Discovering the store 2 nights ago, I purchased the whole new 52 line, the first volume of The Authority, and The Authority/Lobo cross over.

Then I discover that I can't actually READ the comics on my computer. In that they wont load, they wont even attempt to do so. Not through either DC's Digital store or Comixology's site proper. I can flip through the whole comic book to the credits, but no actual panels load. I've attempted this on two different computers. Same results.

I've just now installed Adobe Flash updates on both computers and though I'm fairly certain is has nothing to do with it, Adobe Reader just to be certain.

There's no FAQ or help section that I've been able to find, and I hesitate to use the submit a question function if the fix is a simple one.

Anyone that's used the service (I supose Matzat) have any suggestions, or atleast knowledge of the requirements?

Hmmmm, i can read them just fine... using firefox i don´t remember problems. Maybe try redownloading Firefox? Updating it to the most current version?

If that dos not work maybe take a screenshot and mail the suport.

Edited by Michael Matzat on a Plane

Have they released a second compendium for The Walking Dead yet? I bought the first one but I'm a stickler for continuity in my books (e.g. having a Hardcover version of each book in a series if I bought my first one as a hardcover) so I want to wait till that comes out before continuing with my Walking Dead reading.

Keep in mind that Kirkman Comics tend to get delayed for month every now and than. It seems like they are working hard to not have that happen with TWD again (asuming they want to earn as much as possible of the TV Shows fame) but you never know.

I personaly am happy with my Hardcover Books, Comixology is a great way to get them ASAP as scanns always took a while before the show came around. I guess paying twice is good enough, so no compendium for me. :-)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have looked around and apparently I have to read something called Avengers Academy to get my X-23 fix. Hope it doesnt suck. Speaking of Avengers though Secret Avengers is oh my god one of the best books around. Sci fi/espionage written by Warren Ellis? Yes please :)