The Comic Book Thread (spoilers)

Your Mom

Gotta fall in line with her shitty redesign in Arkham City, you know! Synergy! I'm assuming that's the "okay, sorry about Secret Six, guys, here's some of the characters you loved from that" book since Deadshot and King Shark are in it. No buys.

Gotta fall in line with her shitty redesign in Arkham City, you know! Synergy! I'm assuming that's the "okay, sorry about Secret Six, guys, here's some of the characters you loved from that" book since Deadshot and King Shark are in it. No buys.

I think the worst part of it is that Gail Simone found out about the new Secret Six via Twitter.

I think the worst part of it is that Gail Simone found out about the new Secret Six via Twitter.

Written by some guy who I can't even identify. What the fuck, DC.

Also, JHS, the comic cover with Harley Quinn, Goth Scene Kid is behind the spoiler tag right here;

SuicideSquad_cover_02.jpg

I actually don't mind Supergirl's new look. Superman's is okay, I guess, could be a lot worse. Superboy... sigh. The one character I actually really like in the Superman family and they... Well, I don't really know what that cover means, given that he's completely different from the Teen Titans one, but neither of those covers bodes well.

And while I don't care much for Harley (sacrilege, I know), that look for her is just wrong.

Edited by Johnny Latino Heat

HAHAHAHAHAHA! Bandwagon JUMPED!

EDIT: Actually you misread it? Uncanny is ending, X-Men Schism #1 is coming in July, but no mention of Uncanny #1

Oh, it actually says that they don't 'directly tell' when the Uncanny X-Men #1 will come, but i just assumed it's starting the month after this run ends. It says The Schism #1 is coming out next month it being the event that will eventually end the Uncanny at #544.

Edited by The Sandman

Bleeding Cool has released 51 of the 52 solicits (because even though DC has announced that they have announced all the titles, they have actually only announced 51 of them) here. A guy on the boards has released a spreadsheet listing them all that I was going to attach but the board told me I can't. Fucker.

EDIT: CBR has a better listing with covers and all that here.

Anyways, I will say aside from what appears to be a dubious timeline in the relaunches (and like it or not DC this is a fucking reboot!) they have me interested in potentially picking up the following books

ACTION COMICS #1 (Morrison and Morales? On Superman? At the beginning of his career? OK!)

ANIMAL MAN #1 (Always been a fan since the Morrison run of the 80s and would love to see this book work, plus Lemire has said all the right things about the book so far)

JUSTICE LEAGUE INTERNATIONAL #1 (A fan of the JLI going way back, a fan of Booster going way back, and a fan of Jurgens going way back would mean this would be a one arc thing to test the waters)

STORMWATCH #1 (Authority + Stormwatch + Martian Manhunter + Paul Cornell = Maybe/Probably)

BATWOMAN #1 (Uh yes more please. If only The Question #1 was coming out as well by Rucka and Cully Hamner)

RED HOOD AND THE OUTLAWS #1 (Just sounds fucking FUN)

WONDER WOMAN #1 (I have no idea why)

JUSTICE LEAGUE DARK #1 (Just sounds fucking FUN!!)

SUPERMAN #1 (Mainly because I want to love Superman again like I did in the 80s)

VOODOO #1 (These semi quasi Vertigo Lite Wildstorm books are intriguing)

And interested in MAYBE THINKING ABOUT these:

SWAMP THING #1 (Scott Snyder is a damn good writer!)

DEMON KNIGHTS #1 (Paul Cornell doing a middle ages team up book starring The Demon? So fucking tempted)

GRIFTER #1 (These semi quasi Vertigo Lite Wildstorm books are intriguing)

RESURRECTION MAN #1 (The writers and the love the original series gets on the net from the 90s, a decade that was mostly a fucking wastland for DC)

SUICIDE SQUAD #1 (Morbid curiousity because it looks so wretched)

BIRDS OF PREY #1 (See directly above)

SUPERBOY #1 (See both the above two)

If I had to guess, I'd say I will actually buy maybe 4 to 8 of them and get trades for another maybe 3 to 4.

I'm probably going to check out Detective Comics in hopes that it will be a stand alone Batman title that stays free from the rest of the crap going on in the universe. Hopefully the first arc is indicative of how the series will be, staying more towards the detective roots of the character.

I'll pick up Red Hood and the Outlaws, just because it sounds like a remake of The Outsiders, Justice League Dark because it's obviously the spiritual successor to Shadowpact and Suicide Squad because I love the concept.

As someone who has just been buying the odd TPB here and there, this is actually pretty exciting. Granted, there is always a danger that this turns out to be total shit, but I'm pretty interested in a fair few titles.

Now my question to you, is there any (cheap) way of ordering some of these online and have them shipped to Germany when they come out? I don't want to read the German versions of this.

This site pretty much sums up what I think about the whole reboot/relaunch thing.

I'll just copy/paste the whole thing, under spoiler tags, since it, you know, contains spoilers.

I've been quiet on the Crisis on Infinite Reboots front, mainly because at a certain point I just had to shake my head and shrug. DC's been talking, though, stressing this isn't a reboot of the DC universe but merely a relaunch, although both of those imply there was some kind of "plan" behind them, and I very much have my doubts about this. So let's go over some of the news:

• Contrary to former reports, the shit that happened in Batman Inc. still happened. So there's a Batman Inc. Although why Bruce Wayne is suddenly Batman again and not running Batman Inc. is unknown.

• In fact, all the big shit Grant Morrison and Geoff Johns wrote over the past few years are still canon, including the Skittle Lantern saga and Final Crisis. Funny how that works, eh?

• Big shit like The Killing Joke also happened. So Barbara Gordon was shot and paralyzed and is now suddenly fixed, I guess. Somehow.

• Suddenly gone: Superman and Lois Lane's marriage. It's erased. Never happened. Mephisto was unavailable for questioning.

Action Comics, the one starring Blue Collar Superman, is apparently set at the dawn of DC's superheroic age, which, in this new re-whatever, started five years ago. Superman was the first superhero in the DC universe, and Action Comics will tell his early stories.

• Which means Batman has been operating for 4.5 years, max.

• Which is a very short amount of time to mentor Dick Grayson, Jason Todd and Tim Drake, although all of them still exist. Oh, also, it was a good idea that Bruce Wayne knocked up Talia Al'Ghul five years before he apparently became Batman, so that 10-year-old Damian Wayne could exist and be his current Robin.

Ignoring the stupidity of adding hard dates to something as ridiculously nebulous as comic book timelines -- there's a reason no one does that, and that's so shit like Batman fathering Damian before he becomes Batman doesn't happen --you cannot tell me this is a plan. For DC's sake, I almost hope it isn't -- because if some said "We need to make our comics more accessible to new readers, Let's get rid of Superman's marriage and let Batgirl walk again, AND KEEP EVERYTHING ELSE. THERE, PROBLEM SOLVED" that's actually worse than if they just didn't know what they were doing. I will say that DC is right about one thing: This isn't a reboot or a relaunch. It's just a mess.