The Comic Book Thread (spoilers)

Your Mom

Doesn't Jeph Loeb write that? I basically hate him.

Yeah, I hate him as well (his earlier stuff up to Superman/Batman I don't mind, even loving some, like Spider-Man: Blue, for instance), but his work has been declining in the last few years (Ultimatum and his work on the Hulk comics were God-awful), but to my amazement, Nova really has been fun. I agree with TKz, you should give it a look.

Yeah, that's basically exactly what I'm buying, except also Saga and Astro City.

Oh yeah I forgot Saga. Still reading 4 then. What is Astro City? Seems like a bunch on here read it

Astro City is a city full of superheroes and it tells their different stories. It's excellent, but I'd reccommend checking out the trades first as it's got a lot of it's own mythology and #1 of the new series dives right back into it without much introduction.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astro_City

On an unrelated note, how is it that there's two books called Six Gun Gorilla? And how I am supposed to choose which one to follow!?

Walking Dead

Holy shit he has a tiger.

I'm in a super natural vibe lately, outside Blade and Ghost Rider, are there any other supernatural based characters in Marvel worth checking out?

Oh yeah, and forget Doctor Strange as well, I could never get into him, and I dont even think Bruce Camobell himself could change that.

Got into one of my fleeting comic book kicks after Man of Steel and read Red Son along with For All Seasons. I'd like to get back into monthly issues, which I haven't done in 2 years or so. Anything worth jumping into right now?

Started reading Batgirl. It's really good. It's the only New 52 Bat title I've really started on.

Started reading Batgirl. It's really good. It's the only New 52 Bat title I've really started on.

Which is a damn shame. The whole Court of Owls story that runs through Batman and Nightwing is fantastic. Haven't read anything since then, but those first issues are great.

I picked up the first Justice League Dark trade and I love it so far. Also, my local library has like 8 volumes of Fables, so I'm checking out the first two at the moment.