The Comic Book Thread (spoilers)

Your Mom

This is concerning the Winter Soldier - Death of Captain America story... Where is The Hulk and Thor? I know Thor is presumed dead during the Civil War story, due to Stark recreating him with a robot using a strand of his hair... But Hulk is never mentioned?

33 minutes ago, brenchill said:

This is concerning the Winter Soldier - Death of Captain America story... Where is The Hulk and Thor? I know Thor is presumed dead during the Civil War story, due to Stark recreating him with a robot using a strand of his hair... But Hulk is never mentioned?

Hulk was sent off planet by the Illuminati because he posed too big of a risk.  I believe the Planet Hulk storyline was happening at the same time as Civil War/Death of Captain America, and World War Hulk pretty soon after, where Hulk returns to Earth.

I love that era for Marvel, so much was going on and it was all overlapping and building up the next event.

• Like 1

Hulk was sent off earth in a rocket by a group known as The Illuminati (Namor, Mr Fantastic, Xavier, Black Bolt, Tony Stark and Doctor Strange) after... well, basically after they got sick of him wrecking shit. They intended to send him to a peaceful planet where he could live out his days, but it hit a snag and then Planet Hulk (which is worth reading) happened. World War Hulk followed and was not worth reading at all, at least not as a stand alone.

Seriously, if Hulk had become a permanently galactic member of the MU he would be way more golden more often.

• Like 1

Actual Thor was thought dead after Ragnarök took place.

Wiki: In Norse mythology, Ragnarök is a series of future events, including a great battle, foretold to ultimately result in the death of a number of major figures (including the gods Odin, Thor, Týr, Freyr, Heimdallr, and Loki),

Clonebot Thor was made to strengthen the Pro-Registration side in the Civil War but was defective.

3 hours ago, Benji said:

Yeah, that was a robotic clone Stark created because he thought he could play God with an actual God. Which reminds me that the pay off to that whole thing never really hit as hard as it should have.

Isn't this as close to a payoff with actual Thor as we get?

Spoiler

Hq1IApS.jpg

• Like 4

Yup, it's basically:

Spoiler

Quick fight

Tony says Asgard can have diplomatic immunity from registration because it floats (seriously, that's basically the reason) in order to save face after he gets whupped

Thor and Cap make snide remarks in Tony's direction for a few years

3 hours ago, brenchill said:

That Stark is a bit of a dick. He's not like my movie Iron Man :(

Stark from around the time of Civil War is the most dickish superhero I've ever seen that doesn't go full villain in the end.

I had to wiki for that. Apparently he authorized an attack  on Latveria. When they strike back for it he's removed and blamed for it.

3 hours ago, Benji said:

Yeah, it was Secret War (not Secret Wars, different thing). He was underground at the time building a resistance because he had found out about the skrull invasion.

Dull book but very pretty art work.

that, and we got the Secret Warriors .... which I thought actually had some characters with very decent potential (one of which they offed rather quickly)