The Comic Book Thread (spoilers)

Your Mom

On 6/23/2016 at 06:51, brenchill said:

Anyone else read character's voices in the actors who portrayed them on screens voices in their heads?  Charles Xavier turns up and straight away he's Patrick Stewart in my head...

99% of characters have their animated voices in my head. The big one that doesn't is Spider-Man. I've never heard a perfect voice for him.

29 minutes ago, Kirkland said:

99% of characters have their animated voices in my head. The big one that doesn't is Spider-Man. I've never heard a perfect voice for him.

I do hear the animated Batman and Mark Hammill for Joker, now you mention it. 

In case anyone is as insane as me, Comixology has each of the six Clone Saga Epic books down to £2.99 each. Also they have the "true" Clone Saga of what they should have done for the same sort of price.

In all honestly I loved this story from what bits I was able to read in the UK printed books. Ben Reilly is one of my favourite comic characters and thought making him the "real" Peter Parker was a great move so I'm really looking forward to reading the entire thing (400+ pages each book!) and trying to understand the hatred it gets these days.

Now when are they going to release the complete Ben Reilly Epic in the UK for a reasonable price?

2 hours ago, Avenged said:

It's all on Marvel Unlimited now as well, and you can get a month's subscription for a lot less than the price of buying them all ;) 

Meh, Unlimited can be a pain to read through when it crosses over so many books. I've actually got Unlimited I just find the interface can be a bit awkward, whereas this is the full story in one nice and easy package.

4 hours ago, TMM said:

Meh, Unlimited can be a pain to read through when it crosses over so many books. I've actually got Unlimited I just find the interface can be a bit awkward, whereas this is the full story in one nice and easy package.

In some cases yes, but they have the Clone Saga as an 'event' now, so it takes you through it issue by issue. 

Huge spoilers for Cap America - Steve Rogers #2 regarding last issue's cliffhanger. Seriously, don't click the link if you don't want to know absolutely anything until it comes out (which I'm guessing it's probably tomorrow, I dunno).

Honestly, I always thought it would be the Red Skull's influence, just not via Kobik, I thought it would be, since Skull now has telepathic powers, it would be through those, but it still makes sense. It would make absolutely zero sense if Cap really was a Hydra agent. Marvel saying it wasn't brainwashing or something like that kind of sealed it for me, this is the same company that said Peter Parker would never return and Otto was THE Spider-Man forever, only to bring Peter (albeit via mental ghost form) in the very first issue (I think) of Superior Spider-Man.

Edited by Johnny Latino Heat
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Johnny Latino Heat said:

Huge spoilers for Cap America - Steve Rogers #2 regarding last issue's cliffhanger. Serously, don't click the link if you don't want to know absolutely anything until it comes out (which I'm guessing it's probably tomorrow, I dunno).

Hide contents

Honestly, I always thought it would be the Red Skull's influence, just not via Kobik, I thought it would be, since Skull now has telepathic powers, it would be through those, but it still makes sense. It would make absolutely zero sense if Cap really was a Hydra agent. Marvel saying it wasn't brainwashing or something like that kind of sealed it for me, this is the same company that said Peter Parker would never return and Otto was THE Spider-Man forever, only to bring Peter (albeit via mental ghost form) in the very first issue (I think) of Superior Spider-Man.

• Like 1

So I finished reading Injustice:  God Among Us.  I loved it, but I have a few gripes...

I was waiting and waiting for The Flash to make the jump to Team Batman since he disagreed with Superman's methods but it never happened.  I hated the way Wonder Woman was written, she seemed to be completely void of any personality and for little reason seemed even more determined than Superman to conquer the world.  I also couldn't work out how Superman just incinerated Kalibak's entire Army in a second despite them being spread across the entire planet at different locations...

11 hours ago, brenchill said:

What comic is the "knightmare" sequence from in BvS? I can't seem to find much info!

Spoiler

Im guessing it is mostly inspired by "Injustice:Gods Among Us", It was talked about It here recently.

On 6/30/2016 at 01:50, brenchill said:

So I finished reading Injustice:  God Among Us.  I loved it, but I have a few gripes...

Hide contents

I was waiting and waiting for The Flash to make the jump to Team Batman since he disagreed with Superman's methods but it never happened.  I hated the way Wonder Woman was written, she seemed to be completely void of any personality and for little reason seemed even more determined than Superman to conquer the world.  I also couldn't work out how Superman just incinerated Kalibak's entire Army in a second despite them being spread across the entire planet at different locations...

Spoiler

WW is the evil one in that book. She wants king so damn bad and gets into Superman's ear when he's vulnerable to try and make it happen. Regular WW beating her and taking over that world's Amazon army is a highlight of the game's story just because of how much of a douche Alt-WW is. To me Superman is still a good guy deep down throughout that series and just keeps getting manipulated and pushed by people. At some point he must go over the edge though because he's complete evil in the game wanting to level cities and kill everyone that goes against him.  I think Flash never fully turned because he still saw the good of Superman's rule. Like or not people were no longer blowing each other up any more. By the time it got to the point where it was for sure time to turn Supes was killing Shazam, a character that has a far greater chance against Superman than Flash. He was probably just afraid after that.

• Like 1