Football Manager 2007

Dan

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I bought the game a week ago and started a Chelsea league. First game in charge, I lose to Liverpool 1-0 in the Charity Sheild thanks to a last minute Gerrard goal. First league game, I get beat 2-0 away at Watford. I was fucking livid. Picked up a bit since then though and have mnaged to beat Arsenal (2-1), Liverpool (3-0, fuck knows how I managed that) and Man United (2-1). Sitting top of the league 6 points ahead of Arsenal. Out of the FA Cup (Knocked out from Bolton), League Cup (Knocked out by Newcastle) and didn't get through to the knockout stages on the CL but got into the UEFA Cup. Pretty fucked off about my shitness in other competitions but the Premiership is the most important to me so I'm hoping for a better cup run next season.

I've signed Pizzaro (been mostly shite, took him about 15 games to score then got 4 in 3), Ben Hiam (hasn't played much), Maduro (Played 3 times, got a 9 and scored a screamer on his debut. Good signing), Anderson (not bad, good cover)

Makalele wants to leave so I'm tempted to let him go now that I've got Maduro.

And amazingly enough, Ballack has probaby been my best player this season. Funnily, he probably wouldn't have played that much but I was without Lampard for 3 months due to an ankle injury or something like that.

Oh, and when you need to a win to have any chance of getting into the knockout stages of the CL, being 3-0 down at home at half time against Werder Bremen is not a nice place to be >_<

Edited by Turbonegro

Fuck sake. Looks like the big spending at Southampton has ended with the £19m signing of Felipe from Lyon. He gets injured for two months the next day. :(

But we have TWO financial feeder clubs in Miami and Tokyo, so we've started to make £2m profit a month, so not bad.

Who do we get in the Champions League knockout stages, I hear you ask? Real Madrid, who with an aging squad will be no match for my Aguero and Vela partnership.

Edited by Lost Soul

Fuck sake. Looks like the big spending at Southampton has ended with the £19m signing of Felipe from Lyon. He gets injured for two months the next day. :(

But we have TWO financial feeder clubs in Miami and Tokyo, so we've started to make £2m profit a month, so not bad.

Who do we get in the Champions League knockout stages, I hear you ask? Real Madrid, who with an aging squad will be no match for my Aguero and Vela partnership.

Financial feeder clubs? :shifty:

What is the maximum number of feeder clubs you can have?

Depends on your finances, I once had 12 as 'Biggest Club in the WorldTM' Newcastle (Y)

As Chelsea I told them "look for feeder clubs", thinking "what I'd really like is another club like PSV that I can swipe decent guys from."

Their three suggestions?

Luton

Crystal Palace

Arbroath FC

Arbroath-fucking-FC. <_>

I resigned from Roma, just because I couldn't get rid of Pako Ayesterain. I was replaced by Rafa Benitez and now Roma are sitting in 13th in Serie A! I'm waiting for a good offer so far, I've had Deportivo, Lyon, Schalke, Stoke and Derry City come looking for me. (I went on holiday and it applies for all jobs) Nothing has really tickled my fancy yet. Though I have had 2 matches as USA boss, we lost 1-0 to Spain (the top team in the world according to the rankings) and beat Aruba 5-0.

Wow, what a fucking end to the season.

So we draw 0-0 with Madrid and have to go to Madrid to get something. We get the first goal, but Madrid pull back in the 83rd minute, we go into the Quarters on the away goal rule.

We get Ajax, they finished top of our group. They beat us 1-0 at home, again we have to go away and get a result. We destroy them 4-0 with it wrapped up in the first half at 3-0.

Who next? Chelsea. Lampard scores first at Stamford Bridge, but Sissoko scores a cracker in the 50th minute. Its all down to the game at St. Marys. We take the lead, and it plays out to 2-2. Extra times comes and passes..and its penalties. Akinfeev has been stretchered off, so its up to Shay Given, who has spent most of this season on the bench. He saves two penalties, and Sissoko puts us through to the final.

125th year in business for this club, what a way to celebrate that landmark. Inter Milan stand infront of us.

Torres scores first, but Vela cancels it out immediately. Inter kick off again and lose the ball, Aguire comes from no where to slot it home. Walter Samuel is sent off, Inter are down to 10 men and losing by a goal. Its our trophey now surely?

Half-time comes and goes, and Aguire is there to make it 3-1, fucking great. But out of no where this Inter surge occurs and its 3-2. 89th minute and its suddenly 3-3 and I'm sitting there and I don't know what to do...this can't be happening.

We're into extra-time, they are a man down and I'm worrying. Second half of extra time kicks in and it looks like its gonna be penalties to my disappointment. Out of no where, and really I mean out of no where, there is this sort of last minute desperate attempt for the ball from both sides, a pure midfield battle and big Sissoko gets in there with Makoun behind him to back him up, perfect pass out to the wing and Aguire runs from no where...YES...is basically my reaction, he gets into the box and knocks it in. I jump out of my seat. One of my best moments in Football Manager history. Fucking brilliant game.

I really can't describe it, absolute drama, loved every bit of it. You know when you just have one of those moments in FM that you can't put into words? Well that is it.

After the game I get a message from the fans claiming that a statue dedicated to me and the Champions League victory is going up outside St. Marys. Amazing.

I've sold De Guzman to Chelsea for £6m, and Shaun Wright Phillips to West Ham for £5m. That cash gave me enough to sign Cristiano Ronaldo for £22m.

Felipe (sp?) is a bitch, gets injured for two months then yaps that he can't settle in the area. I'll have my £19m back and not a penny less, or he can rot in the reserves until he settles.

Edited by Lost Soul

I have 20+ feeder clubs and always apply as soon as my board lets me. It's nearly 2015, and I still have just one "financial feeder club", and am yet to get a Belgian or Polish club to use for work permits. I have loads of shitty Middle Eastern sides that never get youngsters. Also, at 38 or 39, I'm still yet to see my son appear for me. :(

So yeah... finished 2nd in my 2nd season as Arsenal behind overachievers Aston Villa (we demolished them 4-0, but we were inconsistent away and kept drawing while they kept winning <_< ) I did win the UEFA cup and the League cup again though.

Started my 3rd season with a 1-0 win against Birmingham, and a 2-0 win against Bolton and a 2-0 victory over Inter in the Super Cup.

We got taken over towards the end of the season and although the new board had planned to install a new manager, they decided to keep me around because of my accomplishments or some shit like that. I got a hefty transfer kitty of £55M and a week before the transfer window closes. Anyone got any suggestions?

Transfers so far:

In

Pedro Leon £3.4M (Murcia) - Cani wasn't performing as well as I wanted him to so hopefully he'll shape up with some competition from fellow Spaniard.

Leighton Baines £10M (Wigan) - Again trying to beef up my defense this season, hopefully he'll do good.

Out

Jens Lehmann (free) - Didn't want to sign a new contract so he could retire with us... odd.

Gael Clichy £3.9M (Milan) He didn't perform well last season

5 youngsters who I didn't need.

I have £45M left and like I said: a week before the window closes... suggestions anyone?

arsenalgr6.jpg

Shot at 2007-07-21

Thierry Henry is being nursed back to health in the Reserve squad, he's 31. Abedayor is also injured for the next 2 months. I have tons of promising youngsters including: Johan Djourou, Alexandre Song, Francisco Merida, Rui Fonte, Aaron Ñiguez, Carlos Vela, Nicklas Bendtner, and Arturo Lupoli. They're all on loan out.

Edited by Ando Solo