Football Manager 2007

Dan

So uh. Apparently all my players are idiots.

My right winger Jeremy Bossekota in the first game of Caton's five match ban decides to Zidane someone in the head. The result?

yay2pj6.png

And he said my warning to him was unfair. Retards, all of them.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Had a game were I started unemployed,(had myself as an ex international though) took up the Livingston job in January as I couldn't see any other jobs in the 6 months that I like, they were 8th but only 10pts off 1st. Managed to win promotion to the SPL on the last day of the season away to who I took 1st place off of and made it to the Scottish Cup final getting hammered 5-1 by Rangers. But also qualifying for the UEFA Cup. However in Italy Juve finished 8th and sacked Deschamps I thought what the hell and applied and now am packing my bags to go to Turin, £25.5 Million to return Juventus to Serie A even tho the board and supporters only want a respectable position. :s

so i started off with a debt ridden newcastle. sold james milner, babayaro and butt to get new players, ought wanchope, garteh roberts and some others. finished 12th which wasnt bad

second season i sold micheal owen for £10 million plus Peter Crouch, Shay Given and Steve Harper were also my other notable departures, so i bought chris kirkland, hilario a couple of more defenders, i finished 9th and a new chairman came into the club

3rd season i had £3.9million to spend, so i bought that promising left back and sold damien duff

i got fired in december

so yeah, good game <_<

Just ordered my copy of the game and can't wait to get back to coaching the Socceroos towards World Cup glory after my 2006 game got corrupted.

Quick question: With the A-League included, what kind of restrictions are placed on squad size, salary etc? One gripe I had with the 2006 setup was that it adopted the A-League's salary cap, but ignored the exemptions that allow Australian clubs to bring over the likes of Romario, Carbone, Yorke etc.

It would be interesting to know who's being taken over in people's games?

In my Newcastle game, League One Swansea got taken over by an Israeli Tycoon, who ploughed £25m into them, hired Terry Venables as manager then signed a lot of Prem fringe players (Babayaro, Sean Davis from Pompey, Anthony Gardner from Spurs), that took them to the heady heights of 22nd by February 07. :thumbsdown:

Mind you though, I'm 4th with my beloved Magpies. Had to sell N'Zogbia to Chelsea for £7m to balance the books, then loaned him right back (Y)

Finished my second season at Oxford. We started off in first, but then the injury bug came and zapped my team of any offense. We fell to 10th and then were able to get all the way back to 3rd and looked in good position to be in the promotion playoffs when some stupid mistakes cost up 2 hugely important games and put us in 9th at the season's end, 6 points out of the playoffs.

Arsenal won the Premiership and repeated in the Champions League. Shock of the year was Millwall winning the FA Cup, giving them a spot in the UEFA Cup also. Chelsea, Liverpool, and West Ham rounded out the top 4 and will join Arsenal in the Champions League next year. Millwall will be joined by Man Utd and Tottenham, who they beat in the FA Cup Final, in the UEFA Cup. Aston Villa are in the Intertoto. QPR won the Championship. Hull and Sunderland were also promoted and will replace Reading, Cardiff, and Fulham.

post-6-1162659417_thumb.jpg

post-6-1162659433_thumb.jpg

FTW!

I had no less than 6 news reports of old Crewe favourites telling of their admiration of various players after that immense victory.

Sadly it was tainted by the news that Billy Jones is considering leaving on a bosman. Cunt.

Make that 7 reports, it took Gradi a further day to find the words to properly describe the awesomeness of Luke Varney.

Heh, after his 6 goal haul Luke Rodgers is now listed as one of Crewe's favoured personell.

Edited by King ROOOOOOOONEY!

Finished 11th in my second season with Everton, four points off sixth place. Would've finished higher as well, but after drawing 1-1 with Chelsea (away) and beating Man Utd 2-0 at Old Trafford we went to sleep, losing two of our last three games (drew the other 1-1 at Fulham).

I had a core of players I was determined to keep; Ben Foster, Arteta, Cahill, Johnson, Lescott and Yobo. It was all going well, despite Barca enquiring about Yobo and a load of top teams across Europe making offers for Arteta, until Kenwright decided to be a cunt and accept a £17m bid from Spurs for Cahill because "it was to good to turn down."

Also sold Victor Anichebe to Middlesbrough for £2.5m, and released David Weir on a free. I would've kept him but he kept on moaning about not being in the first team, despite the fact that Lescott and Yobo were immense for most of the season.

Somehow managed to wrangle a place in the UEFA Cup and sailed through the first qualifying round with a 10-0 agg. win over FC Rangers, and we're well on course for the First Round proper after a 2-0 win away against Shelbourne.

Signed 8 players before the start of the season, and I've still got about £6m to play with.

Steve Finnan: Signed for £450k from Barcalona. He moved to Barca at end of the 06/07 season on a free, but only made 7 appearances.

Denilson: Got him on a permanent deal for £2.8m after he was awesome on loan last year.

Matteo Contini: Left back signed from Parma, and will probably rotate with Nicky Shorey.

Jimmy Bullard: Already looking like a decent replacement for Cahill, signed for £3.7m after Fulham were relegated (despite being taken over mid-season by a consortium from Cornwall).

Ole Solskaer: Left United so I signed him as cover, probably won't pay much but I'd rather have him than risk my youth teams strikers.

Linvoy Primus: Another player bought purely for cover (£45k from Pompey), he's actually done quite well in pre-season. Can play at right back as well, which is a bonus with Phil Neville's habit of getting himself sent off when we're cruising.

Peter Crouch: Went to Palermo at the end of the 06/07 season, but despite scoring 10 goals in 12 games he couldn't stay in the first team.

Magnus Wolff Eikrem: 17 year old signed from United, but he's already got some really good state. Just needs to improve his fitness before I'll look at playing him.

Ryan Giggs: Short term loan from United with Osman, Davies and Van Der Meyde out injured.

Beat Derby 2-0 (away) in my first game of the season, with two goals from James Beattie that were both set up by Bullard. Crouch also hit the post, whilst Foster saved a penalty at 0-0.

GK. Ben Foster

DR. Steve Finnan/Tony Hibbert

DL. Contini/Shorey

DC. Yobo

DC. Lescott

MR. Arteta

ML. McFadden

MC. Denilson/Mendieta (mostly Denilson, with Mendieta playing against 'weaker' teams)

MC. Bullard

FC. Johnson

FC. Beattie/Crouch

Got some decent cover as well, so hopefully there won't be a repeat of last year when we had 7 or 8 first team players out from December to January.

I was amazed with something...I went to the board requesting extra transfer funds at Arsenal, and they told me I'd have the money immediately! Awesome...except they accepted on 31st January so after pressing continue once, the transfer window was closed. And I was trying to sign Mascherano. Bastards.

FTW!

I had no less than 6 news reports of old Crewe favourites telling of their admiration of various players after that immense victory.

Sadly it was tainted by the news that Billy Jones is considering leaving on a bosman. Cunt.

Make that 7 reports, it took Gradi a further day to find the words to properly describe the awesomeness of Luke Varney.

Heh, after his 6 goal haul Luke Rodgers is now listed as one of Crewe's favoured personell.

I've never been able to have victories like this.

And, yes, it does depress me.

Finished 11th in my second season with Everton, four points off sixth place. Would've finished higher as well, but after drawing 1-1 with Chelsea (away) and beating Man Utd 2-0 at Old Trafford we went to sleep, losing two of our last three games (drew the other 1-1 at Fulham).

I had a core of players I was determined to keep; Ben Foster, Arteta, Cahill, Johnson, Lescott and Yobo. It was all going well, despite Barca enquiring about Yobo and a load of top teams across Europe making offers for Arteta, until Kenwright decided to be a cunt and accept a £17m bid from Spurs for Cahill because "it was to good to turn down."

Also sold Victor Anichebe to Middlesbrough for £2.5m, and released David Weir on a free. I would've kept him but he kept on moaning about not being in the first team, despite the fact that Lescott and Yobo were immense for most of the season.

Somehow managed to wrangle a place in the UEFA Cup and sailed through the first qualifying round with a 10-0 agg. win over FC Rangers, and we're well on course for the First Round proper after a 2-0 win away against Shelbourne.

Signed 8 players before the start of the season, and I've still got about £6m to play with.

Steve Finnan: Signed for £450k from Barcalona. He moved to Barca at end of the 06/07 season on a free, but only made 7 appearances.

Denilson: Got him on a permanent deal for £2.8m after he was awesome on loan last year.

Matteo Contini: Left back signed from Parma, and will probably rotate with Nicky Shorey.

Jimmy Bullard: Already looking like a decent replacement for Cahill, signed for £3.7m after Fulham were relegated (despite being taken over mid-season by a consortium from Cornwall).

Ole Solskaer: Left United so I signed him as cover, probably won't pay much but I'd rather have him than risk my youth teams strikers.

Linvoy Primus: Another player bought purely for cover (£45k from Pompey), he's actually done quite well in pre-season. Can play at right back as well, which is a bonus with Phil Neville's habit of getting himself sent off when we're cruising.

Peter Crouch: Went to Palermo at the end of the 06/07 season, but despite scoring 10 goals in 12 games he couldn't stay in the first team.

Magnus Wolff Eikrem: 17 year old signed from United, but he's already got some really good state. Just needs to improve his fitness before I'll look at playing him.

Ryan Giggs: Short term loan from United with Osman, Davies and Van Der Meyde out injured.

Beat Derby 2-0 (away) in my first game of the season, with two goals from James Beattie that were both set up by Bullard. Crouch also hit the post, whilst Foster saved a penalty at 0-0.

GK. Ben Foster

DR. Steve Finnan/Tony Hibbert

DL. Contini/Shorey

DC. Yobo

DC. Lescott

MR. Arteta

ML. McFadden

MC. Denilson/Mendieta (mostly Denilson, with Mendieta playing against 'weaker' teams)

MC. Bullard

FC. Johnson

FC. Beattie/Crouch

Got some decent cover as well, so hopefully there won't be a repeat of last year when we had 7 or 8 first team players out from December to January.

Just been promoted as Juventus with 6 games left of the season. Also take into consideration the fact that we were -17 at the start. Tudor is leaving for Spain, and I'm bringing in Diarra from Chelsea for £3.1m. He's been a rock in midfield, plus he looks good. My main issue is the fact that we are like £7m in debt, and it's slowly getting worse, with absolutely no signs of improving. I don't want to sell players, as I'm going to need all the talent I have to do well in Serie A. There's a good few players in the reserves that are out on loan. I may scrape a few quid off sales from there.

My question here is do you change tactics after every season? Like give your tactical considerations a major over-haul? I've also seemed to do badly in my second season. Then I came to the view that it was down to the computer exploiting my lack of tactical flexibility.

Edited by Lost Soul

I'm in a similar sort of game. Where did you finish first season? I finished 11th after a terrible run in. This season hasn't been much better, 12th at the moment with about 10 to go. I brought in Sol Campbell, Figo, Tim Howard, David James, Wayne Bridge and Kanu at the end of the first season (so I have quite a better team than you ;)).

I have been playing 451 most of the time, so here's my lineup for both....

GK: Howard

RB: Hibbert

LB: Bridge

DC: Yobo

DC: Lescott

RM: Osman

LM: Arteta

CM: Carsley

CM: Cahill

CM: Neville

ST: Johnson

(Defence same)

RM: Osman

LM: Arteta

CM: Neville

CM: Cahill

ST: Johnson

ST: Beattie

Got loads of depth all over the pitch, just haven't been able to make it work.

Lescott has been good for you? He's made loads of mistakes, gets dribbled around a lot, and doesn't have a great av rat. Where's Phil Neville in your team too?

That 14yr old I bought has grown two inches to 5'10", put on a little weight, and is getting there with the physical, but still quite a long way off. Technical stats are amazing though.

lol, Phil Neville is my captain.

Anybody else notice how badly goalkeepers position themselves? Most of the time they leave the near post free, and it almost looks as if they let the opposition score.

Also when the ball comes out of the box after a corner, if its on an angle, the keeper always leaves a massive gap at the near post.

Needs to be worked on, definately, since it didn't seem to be as much of a problem in the last game.

Anyone came across any clubs being bought out by a sugar daddy?

Or anyone noticed any large increase in transfer funds due to a takeover?

Deportivo went bankrupt so I was able to snap up two players for a cheap price. I've signed;

Lassana Diarra - £3.1m

Leon Andreasen - £1.5m

Jorge Andrade - £1.5m

Juan Carlos Valeron - £2m

Disappointed to see that you no longer get the TV revenue up front. We're like £8m in debt, and that £25m would have been useful. <_<

Edited by Lost Soul

Hurah for Hobo and Nottingham Forest...I've gotten 4 games in (my longest game so far!) and we've P4 W1 D2 L1. Which isn't all that brilliant or all that bad really after 4 games considering I've made a lot of signings (Keith Gillespie, Billy Clarke, Some spanish guy called Ortega, Neil McGregor, some Irish under 21 international whose name I forget and Craig Bryson) and currently Sammy Clingan and Nathan Tyson are out injured.

And we only lost because Lloyd Owusu scored in the 90th minute, which resulted in much anger from me. :angry: