Dan

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Phew, that was close.

A new board took over Bath City (I'd holidayed for a year and taken them over at the start of the 2007/08 season) and threatened to replace me with Neil Redfearn, despite me doing well above expectations. Luckily, I just avoided the chop due to five players at the club moaning that I was awesome :D

The new board haven't got a huge amount of money though, it's pretty much business as usual with a new chairman.

Got this weird little bug, everytime I reload a game I get a "Park J-Sung flattered by Everton interest" email. We're almost in 2010, and I was interested him about a 18 months ago.

Nothing major, just a little weird.

Also, does anyone have a link to the glassy, rotated logos (premiership)? SUSIE is painfully slow at the moment.

Edited by therockbox

Just started my 'Christmas' game on my girlfriend's Mac Powerbook. I'm playing as Chelsea rather than having a long difficult lower league game... Made four signings, and my squad currently looks like thus:

GK Petr Cech

SW Walter Samuel

DC John Terry ©

DC Ricardo Carvalho

WBR Daniel Alves

WBL Ashley Cole

MC Michael Ballack

MC Michael Essien

MC Frank Lampard

FC David Trezeguet

FC Andriy Shevchenko

(Signings were Samuel, Alves, Trezeguet, and also Filippo Inzaghi). Just beat Liverpool for the Community Shield 1-0. We're 6-4 favourites to win the league. Ought to be a fun little game. ^_^

So I started up a game as Aston Villa after scanning the team and seeing grand plans of a front 3 of Luke Moore, Milan Baros and Gabriel Agbonlahor. I built around a 3-4-3 formation with loanee Hugo Viana playing an important creative midfield role. Some great home form followed with 12 wins, 5 draws and 2 losses. 40 goals went in and only 15 conceded. Away from home wasn't as good, despite it being the 5th best form in the league there was still the telling statistic of 35 goals conceded, the 5th worse defensive record in the league.

Luke Moore was a shining light in attack with 18 goals and 13 assists. His goals propelled us into a race for Europe along with the likes of Liverpool and Arsenal as well as suprise packages Blackburn. We ended up sneaking into 4th thanks to Charlton grabbing an equaliser at our rivals Liverpool. However with Arsenal set for a Champions League final against Real Madrid it looks as though I could be merely UEFA Cup bound.

To tie in with this end of season misfortune, West Ham survived the drop so it won't be so easy for me to pick away their stars. Boo Fulham for not getting better!

REAL MADRID WIN ON PENS!

JOSE REYES SCORES WINNING KICK!

VILLA FOR CHAMPIONS LEAGUE! :w00t:

Edited by King ROOOOOOOONEY!

runintablext6.jpg

Four games left, and it's getting tight. My last four games are against Wigan (home), Man City (away), Liverpool (home) and Reading (away). Form has been excellent since December (we were 12th at christmas), with players finally hitting form.

I'd probably have fourth sewn up by now if four of my first choice forwards hadn't got injured. I'm using a 4-1-1-2-2 formation at the moment, and both wide midfielders got injured along with Crouch and Johnson. They were all out for around 6 weeks or so in Feb/March, and I lost 4 games on the bounce.

Edited by therockbox

Awesome, after sending scouts all around the world to the most random places I have built up a vast knowledge of the world. This in turn seems to have affected my youth intake as I just got, as well as some English kids, people from Denmark, Egypt, Puerto Rico and Samoa. The guy from Samoa is also called Joeseph.

Nice feature and really had me marking out.

Awesome, after sending scouts all around the world to the most random places I have built up a vast knowledge of the world. This in turn seems to have affected my youth intake as I just got, as well as some English kids, people from Denmark, Egypt, Puerto Rico and Samoa. The guy from Samoa is also called Joeseph.

Nice feature and really had me marking out.

Guest muddatrucker

They need to update the 'Due to not getting a work permit blah blah, Joe Bloggs proposed move to Shit FC has been cancelled' to something along the lines of 'Shit FC did infact capture Joe Bloggs, but can't play the dumb cunt'.

That happens. More than once I've been cruising through FM whilst distracted or drunk and signed a player who didn't get a work permit. They just sit there with their 'WP' indicator and rot, collecting their wages all the time. Those smug bastards.