The Sports Betting thread

Liam

We've got one, but I don't approve. 

I do really. I'll be doing my usual league winners each way Lucky 15 (I'm still incredibly annoyed at Doncaster for the season before last) but haven't really looked into it yet. Ridiculously I do fancy Newcastle to do alright this season based on simply my "if the kits are good we tend to do okay" rule, so I might put a cheeky something on us reaching the European places to utterly jinx it. 

• Like 1

I don't tend to bet on the overall stuff. I do four-fold or five-fold accas on the weekend of the football, usually with one all draws and the rest all wins. I used to also do a 50p acca of every team facing the bottom team in English and Scottish divisions that weekend, though never very successfully.

1 hour ago, Colly said:

I do really. I'll be doing my usual league winners each way Lucky 15 (I'm still incredibly annoyed at Doncaster for the season before last) but haven't really looked into it yet. Ridiculously I do fancy Newcastle to do alright this season based on simply my "if the kits are good we tend to do okay" rule, so I might put a cheeky something on us reaching the European places to utterly jinx it. 

@Adam es Tranquilo... Getting beat by Hartlepool final game...I can never forgive Doncaster for that. 

• Like 2

I got the winners of the Premier League and Championship (thanks to our jammy last day), and a place in League 1. Won me a couple of hundred quid. Would have been nearly a grand. I'm more annoyed than your fans will ever be... 

26 minutes ago, Colly said:

I got the winners of the Premier League and Championship (thanks to our jammy last day), and a place in League 1. Won me a couple of hundred quid. Would have been nearly a grand. I'm more annoyed than your fans will ever be... 

Oh no, you should try talking to some of them trust me :lol:.

12 minutes ago, Adam es Tranquilo said:

Oh no, you should try talking to some of them trust me :lol:.

Put me in touch, we can start a support group. The one time I didn't want Hartlepool to win a game. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Colly said:

See I had it just as a solid fourfold. I would have been rolling in it. 

I kept thinking Newcastle would be the team to let me down based on how the final few weeks of that season was going. 

Even though the bookies see him as the underdog I can't help but think Whyte has a great chance against Parker. I've gone Whyte by K.O @ 5/1. I've also got Parker to be knocked down in first 3 rounds @ 14/1 and both fighters to be knocked down and Whyte to win @ 33/1. (Can't wait for Parker to beat him in the first round to really show I know nothing :(N):)

Also got a bet on some of the horse racing on ITV. I've gone

13:50 - Ascot - Aquarius @10/1
14:05 - York - Culturati @ 9/4
14:25 - Ascot - Aquarium @ 11/1
14:40 - York - Muscika @ 14/1
15:00 - Ascot - Brian the Snail @ 33/1
15:15 - York - Euginio @ 9/1
15:40 - Ascot - Poet's Word @ 5/2

Just had singles and doubled a couple up. 

Good luck to anyone having a bet today, and roll on next week when the football season starts!

Well only one winner on the horses today but the boxing made  up for it, nice 14/1 winner and 33/1 winner. Only a couple of quid on each as I don't like to bet big but it meant £35 profit roughly. 

Start of Goodwood/Galway so that normally means the start of a bad week. I'm only playing with a tenner (and a couple of free bets) and if there's no profit from Goodwood I wont be bothering with Galway tonight. Anyway for today I'm going with - 

13:50 - Dark Red
14:25 - Dark Vision
15:00 - Dutch Connection
15:35 - Stradivarius
16:10 - Al mureib
16:45 - Amomentofmadness

Good luck to anyone who is having a flutter this week. :(Y):

On 28/07/2018 at 07:16, Yorkshiresbadass said:

Even though the bookies see him as the underdog I can't help but think Whyte has a great chance against Parker. I've gone Whyte by K.O @ 5/1. I've also got Parker to be knocked down in first 3 rounds @ 14/1 and both fighters to be knocked down and Whyte to win @ 33/1. (Can't wait for Parker to beat him in the first round to really show I know nothing :(N):)

Also got a bet on some of the horse racing on ITV. I've gone

13:50 - Ascot - Aquarius @10/1
14:05 - York - Culturati @ 9/4
14:25 - Ascot - Aquarium @ 11/1
14:40 - York - Muscika @ 14/1
15:00 - Ascot - Brian the Snail @ 33/1
15:15 - York - Euginio @ 9/1
15:40 - Ascot - Poet's Word @ 5/2

Just had singles and doubled a couple up. 

Good luck to anyone having a bet today, and roll on next week when the football season starts!

Well only one winner on the horses today but the boxing made  up for it, nice 14/1 winner and 33/1 winner. Only a couple of quid on each as I don't like to bet big but it meant £35 profit roughly. 

Good shout with the boxing.

• Like 1

Cheers, Goodwood hasn't been to bad this week for me but no real profit made. Last day today and some huge cards that you may as well stick a pin in. 

13:50 - George Dryden
14:25 - Sir Chauvelin
15:00 - Cross Counter
15:40 - Swift Approval
16:15 - West End Charmer
16:50 - On the War Path

Start of the football season, love it when I can see odds of 50000/1 and then am shocked when only 1 of my 15 picks comes out. Anyway I've gone BTTS and result (Lucky 15)

Wednesday
Lincoln
Portsmouth
Millwall/Boro to draw

And both teams to score in both halves (Lucky 15)

Bristol/Forest
Wycombe/Blackpool
Coventry/Scunthorpe
Northampton/Lincoln

Good luck to anyone who is having a flutter today, hope you beat the bookies!

Always nice to get a win from the bookies!

I really don't know how tonight is going to go, I expect Man Utd to either beat them quite easily or an exciting draw. I've gone 3-0 man utd with Sanchez first goalscorer and 2-2 with Sanchez first goalscorer. 

Was unlucky in my 12 fold over 0.5 goals in the 1st half in League 2 (I had over 1.5 by mistake in the Yeovil game but it came through)

Only games to let me down was Crawley/Stevenage and MK Dons/Bury :(

• 2 weeks later...