The Sports Betting thread

Liam

14 minutes ago, Summers said:

TWO HORSES (OUT OF 7) AWAY FROM THOUSANDS OF BLOODY POUNDS. DAMN YOUUUS.

I feel your pain. That was me yesterday :crying:

I mentioned in another thread that I was £85 up last weekend between me and my missus winning our BTTS bets. No luck on that this week, but I did more than double my money on Boro on Friday night. £10 of that has gone on...Newcastle. What am I thinking? <_<

If they win, I'll find something to put the winnings on and just try to build it up as much as possible. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Logged into my paddy power account to see that my 14/1 accumulator I did before the season started had come in! I had Forest, Norwich (from week 1, not this week), City, Utd and Chelsea. Nice! I didn't bother checking it beforehand as I was convinced I'd put Newcastle in there.

Got an email yesterday afternoon from bet365, telling me that I had a bit of (long forgotten) cash and that if I didn't make a bet soon they'd start charging money off it, or something. How very dare they, I thought.

So, fairly petulantly, I stuck the whole £4.80 of it on a Chelsea win at 11/20 to come away with an equally unspecial £7.44. That's probably the entire of my betting for the season done and dusted on matchday 1. Efficient.

• Like 2

...So what I actually did was with that £7.44 was bet £5 on Man City to beat Steaua with a -1 handicap when they were already 2-0 up. 

Then I put the remaining £2.44 on the same bet but when Man City were 3-0 up.

Hence the 5-0 result means I now have £23.38. Which is nice.

14 minutes ago, stokeriño said:

...So what I actually did was with that £7.44 was bet £5 on Man City to beat Steaua with a -1 handicap when they were already 2-0 up. 

Then I put the remaining £2.44 on the same bet but when Man City were 3-0 up.

Hence the 5-0 result means I now have £23.38. Which is nice.

Stick it to the man, comrade 

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

So my league winner Lucky 15 paid out last night and somehow I've got £97 off my £15 each wayer. Betslip says Scunthorpe and Doncaster placed even though I'm sure it was supposed to only be the top two. Not complaining, though I'm still very angry with Doncaster.

• 1 year later...

If a thread on gambling isn't allowed, or you'd prefer this to be discussed in the individual topics please feel free to delete this thread. 

Just wondered if any of you had a bets on any sports, and if you had any tips if you'd be willing to share? Or just if you have any predictions oh what the outcomes will be. 

I normally do ante-post bets on the top 4 tiers of English football. I normally pick winners, relegated, and top goalscorers and then do a small each way lucky 15. I wont be betting on this until the day before the season starts.  At the minute for winners I'm probably looking at Man City, Forest, Barnsley and Lincoln. The championship is a horrible league to predict, I'd love to see Wednesday promoted at 25/1 but we haven't signed anyone and FFP seems to be affecting us. Derby have made some good loan signings but if they lose Vydra that's a huge loss (and possibly a massive gain for Leeds, especially if they get Douglas as well). Barnsley seem to have kept the team together, and although I normally like the look of Charlton I'm not 100% convinced with Lee Bowyer as manager. Peterborough have a chance and Steve Evans has done it in the past. Lincoln had a good season last season but MK Dons could be near the top as well. 

In terms of relegation (and I hope I am wrong) but can see Burnley near the bottom of the table (along with Cardiff and maybe Watford/Huddersfield). Burnley don't seem to have signed enough to cope with the league and Europe (if they get through). Rotherham will possibly be near the bottom and I think Ipswich could struggle. Accrington I think are favourites for relegation and probably for good reason and for some reason I think Newport will be near the bottom of League two although the odds of 8/1 suggest the bookies think the opposite. So if I was betting now I think I would go Burnley/Ipswich/Accrington and Newport.

Top goalscorer is always tough. I initially though Aubameyang would have a great season, but from what I've read during pre-season it seems like he is going to play more as an attacking winger with Lacazette going through the middle. Lacazette at 20/1 seems to be a decent price and if Mourinho lets the leash off Sanchez at 40/1 seems a very good price. If he can get fit, and stay fit Jordan Rhodes is a great goalscorer and could do well for Norwich while Jack Marriott will be interesting to see if he can make the step up, while Harry Wilson at 100/1, if given a good run could score goals. Charlie Wyke for Bradford has roughly a 1 goal every 2 games so if he can repeat that and scorer 20+ goals he has a chance and Jermaine Beckford in League 2 at 25/1 has a chance if he can recapture his old scoring form. So again as things stand for my Lucky 15 I think I'd be tempted to go Lacazette/Wilson/Wyke and Beckford.

Not to mention in other sports, it's Glorious Goodwood next week which is normally good fun, if not a bit pointless considering how dodgy horse is (or appears to be).But does anyone follow the horses and has any tips for any horse they have seen?

As mentioned if there is another thread that I've missed (i promise i did use the search tool), or if a betting thread has been tried before and didn't go anywhere (Or you wait until closer to the Football season to start and there is someone who normally does the thread), or if it is against any rules please feel free to delete. Otherwise if anyone wants to share I'd love to hear some of your tips or predictions even if you don't gamble. If this thread is allowed to stay open feel free to put  any bets you have throughout the season, again through the season I normally do a silly 10p lucky 15 on both teams to score in both halves (and normally works out if they all came in you'd win 20k+ even for small odds) and then a BTTS with a winner which can work out good odds. Hopefully this could be a fun little thread to see how wrong our predictions are 😝