Hardest games...

TheCrippler

I've just got Ninja Gaiden to play on my 360, and it's fucking nails. I can't even do the first level yet, the white haired nunchucka guy keeps doin' me over.

So, it got me thinking about other games I've found frustratingly tough:

Stuntman (PS2) - This drove me to the edge of insanity

Mega Man (all of the NES ones)

Resident Evil 4 (PS2)

I also found all of the Hitman games hard, and I'm sure there's a load more that I'm missing.

What about you lot?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Republic: The Revolution is beyond complicated and into some kind of evil devilry

That's putting it nicely. I swear there is no way to play that game without screaming "what the fuck" about 10 times an hour before throwing your computer out the window.

To be fair, Stuntman was not hard in the way you mean. It was only hard because there was absolutely no wiggleroom for mistakes. EVER.

And I still have the save after getting 100% on the final level. I'll be buried with that fucker, after going through what I went through to get it.

The Jungle boss on the Genesis version of Sonic 1. I've been trying to do that for months but Sonic keeps flying off the edge of the vine.

Stuntman also killed me because of the fact that one mistake basically meant that you were done and the director. Both of them just combined to kick my head in; I think I might have snapped the disc.

The Hitman games really aren't too hard if you just take it slow the first time through and check everything out first.

I wouldn't say Resi 4 was too hard either; the only real problem was with ammo and having to slash everyone to death.

• Admin

Populous: The Beginning.

Gotta agree.

The only game I can think of off the top of my head is Shadow of the Collosus, trying to find a way to climb/kill some of those bosses was very irritating at times. There was also this game for the Master System, it was a spaceship and you had to guide it through levels involving sharp turns and dodging obstacles. Can't remember what it was called but it was really hard.

The Jungle boss on the Genesis version of Sonic 1. I've been trying to do that for months but Sonic keeps flying off the edge of the vine.

I think that's Sonic 2, not one, there's no vine-based boss battle on Sonic 1 for Mega Drive, and Sonic 2's the only one I'm not especially familiar with, so I'm guessing it's that.

Speaking on Sonic games, I can't defeat the second boss on the Game Gear version of Sonic 1 any more. What the fuck is wrong with me?!