What Did You Watch Today?

BlackFlagg

So I watched The Excorcist last night with my girlfriend and her cousins and I must say I thourouly enjoyed it. It was the extended "Movie you've never seen before" version so it had all the extra stuff in it. I can understand completely why this was the top horror film back in the day. Would of scared the pants off of a 70's me.

My only complaint was the beginning scenes at the dig. Was it as long and tediously boring in the original? Because it seemed like it could of been summed up in 10 minutes instead of half an hour.

Almost Famous was the first movie I saw her in, but that was also before she was a known actress, Elf was the movie that really sealed the deal for me. Her cuteness should be illegal.

• Like 1

Orphan

Good film, good twist.

Where is that facepalm emoticon when I need it?

And I saw Mystery Team last night. I can't really give it a rating since I was in another state of mind, but I laughed quite a bit. Childish humor gets to me.

Fuck, I've never watched Elf. I will this christmas, for definite.

Why at christmas? I only watch christmas films at that time of year. Unless it's Home Alone. ¬_¬

What about Gremlins and Die Hard?!

And yeah, Elf is great, but once you see it on USA 487 times in December, you'll have had your fill.

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (again). Just love this movie. It's something that I think everyone can relate to in some way, whether it is a break-up, or a person or not (I saw a woman in the waiting room with a dog's bowl and whatnot) or even just a memory you'd rather forget. I think it symbolises though that in the end, you have to go through those things as they're what makes you who you are, evidenced by the fact that things seem to be on loop. (Clementine & Joel meeting again, Kirsten Dunst falling in love with the doctor again etc.) Our generation learned to love Jim Carrey growing up thanks to the likes of Ace Ventura, but this film (as far as I am aware) was his first serious role and showed that he's a damn good actor too.

Up In The Air - 9/10

I'm a sucker for "man is content with his seemingly awesome life but then realises something is missing" films.

When I first read this, I thought " . . . for real?"

Then I realized I was confusing it with this movie.

• Like 1

Salt 7.7/10..... Not a bad action flick. Actually one of the better female lead action films that I can think of to be honest. The movie never got dull, told a decent enough story to keep it interesting, and had plenty of action. Could have been better, but could have been a lot worse. I probably should actually rate it a bit higher. I just don't feel like it.

Grown Ups 8.9/10..... Good film. This is actually where I think Adam Sandler is at his best. He can do sutle humor very well, and does a nice job of playing off of everyone else's over the top characters. I loved each and every single one of the characters in the movie.

Orphan was the shittiest shit ever shat.

OH MY GOD GUYS SHE'S ACTUALLY NOT A KID

NO ONE SAW THAT COMING

except only idiots didn't. So Baddar probably didn't, then. :P

I remember watching A-Team (the new movie) some weeks ago, actually better than I though it would be...

I have never seen the original A-Team but I had fun with this one, I thought I would hate Peck because of the actor and that the character is the classic cocky asshole... but I actually like the character and how it was played.