What Did You Watch Today?

BlackFlagg

Scott Pilgrim versus The World - 10/10 Loved every second of it. It was unqiue, so very modern and just funny and charming from start to finish loved it.

American History X - 10/10 Edward Norton is the man. This movie is fantastic and just further proves how wonderful Norton is.

American Psycho - 9/10 Bale is utterly superb. He plays the creepy down to a tee, but had me in stitches in his scene with Jared Leto. Some really strange stuff going on in this movie, but it was a fantastic watch.

I actually watched American Psycho in black & White the first time (Can't remember why) But it was awesome...

American History X will always be an amazing movie...

This morning I watched Richard Pryor Live in Long Beach.

I love the stand up of those days. Watched Eddie Murphy: Delirious a few days ago and RAW last night.

Might look out for more today (Y)

I'm watching Kick-Ass right now. I thought you guys said this movie was good. Are you 12? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA LITTLE GIRL SEZ FUCK

Is that really why you think we liked the movie

Don't be stupid--you know I don't actually think you're 12. I think it's insufferable.

Glad I'm not the only one who thought that movie wasn't any good! Surprised to see so many praises for it actually.

• Like 1

Scum - 8/10. Very enjoyable. Young Ray Winstone, awesome use of vile language, gratuitous violence and prison rape = high score

Seven - 9/10. Awesome! Was just very good until Kevin Spacey got involved and then fuck me. The last twenty-thirty minutes were absolutely incredible, particularly the scene with Spacey, Pitt and Freeman in the car. Loved it.

Watchmen - (N)

I'd love to hear your thoughts behind this one.

Despite the absolutely beautiful cinemotography, I was begging it to end after forty five minutes or so. To me it just dragged until Silk Spectre II and Night Owl finally put the suits back on, and even then it didn't seem as there was much of a pay off. I'd never read the Novel, but called it being "The World's Smartest Man" as soon as he got rid of the assassin. That, and the characters I was supposed to feel sorry for (Dr. Manhattan) I could give a crap less about for the way in which he was presented. It seemed very flat. The movie LOOKED great though, and was shot brilliantly.

EDIT:

The ending in particular, I could see they were going for a Dark Knight - "I'll put that burden on my shoulders if it means for the greater good" sort of thing for Dr. Manhattan, but as soon as he flops to that and buzzes Rorschach into dust, my reaction was simply "Get him and his giant blue dick the fuck off my screen."

• Like 2

I'd recommend you read the graphic novel, IDOL. First of all, it's pretty great and, although I really liked the movie, it will definitely give you more character details. I haven't the watched the movie in a while, but I believe reading the comics will benefit you, if you even consider watching it again.

Regarding the ending:

I think you missed the point a bit, actually. For me, the ending was all about - What would I have done? It seems logical on one side to follow Rorschach's point of view, that the peace situation is not real, because it's based on a lie. However, you have to ask yourself, is it even possible to create peace in any other way? Was Dr. Manhattan right in his actions, for the greater good? I think it's not so much about feeling sorry for the character, but thinking about the dilemma itself.

This is my way of looking at things, and I believe it could give you a better viewing experience if you focus on the situation, not so much on the characters if you dislike them.

Just a thought :)

Yeah, it was a long sitting, that just seemed VERY long. I've seen the Graphic Novel going pretty cheap at the local Borders, perhaps I'll pick it up in a week or so.

Today I watched

Watchmen: Tales of the Black Freighter - (Y) Pretty good aside from the voice of 'The Captain' being dubbed by Gerard Butler.

Street Fighter: - (N) Oh God, what was I thinking at 8 years old.

Finally got to see Toy Story 3 and... wow, I don't think I could've asked for a better end to the series than that. I loved it, I absolutely loved it. It was fun, it was cute, it was entertaining, it was exciting, it was great. Man, my childhood is complete now.

The Departed - 9/10

DiCaprio has another stunning performance. Just an overall brilliant film with a pretty damn great and quite unexpected ending. I've just got one question, did I miss something or was it never explained what Billy put in the brown envelope for Madolyn? Either way, brilliant.

The Departed - 9/10

DiCaprio has another stunning performance. Just an overall brilliant film with a pretty damn great and quite unexpected ending. I've just got one question, did I miss something or was it never explained what Billy put in the brown envelope for Madolyn? Either way, brilliant.

Yes, it's the cd she listens to that incriminates Matt Damon.

The Departed - 9/10

I thought that DiCaprio sent the CD to Damon and Madolyn comes across it somehow. I'm not sure that we see what is in the envelope DiCaprio gives to Madolyn, but we can assume it proves who DiCaprio is.

The Departed - 9/10

I thought that DiCaprio sent the CD to Damon and Madolyn comes across it somehow. I'm not sure that we see what is in the envelope DiCaprio gives to Madolyn, but we can assume it proves who DiCaprio is.

IIRC (haven't seen the movie in awhile) DiCaprio's character tells her to trust him and be ready for something (or something like that) and she saw that it was addressed from him so she opened it.