What Did You Watch Today?

BlackFlagg

I watched Human Centipede last night. That was easily one of the most disturbing films I have seen in a while.

See, that's what I had hoped I would think of the movie. Instead, I laughed at it. I laughed hard at it. The two broads deserved it, they were so unlikeable. :/

Damn, when I looked up what the movie was about, I thought it was either the most brilliant or most stupid idea ever made into a movie. Somehow I even think it's both :shifty:

I'm definitely watching it at some point in the future, although I'll probably do the same as you SRN and laugh the whole time. I know it's not intended to be funny, but I just have to laugh at such 'horror' movies.

I watched Human Centipede last night. That was easily one of the most disturbing films I have seen in a while.

See, that's what I had hoped I would think of the movie. Instead, I laughed at it. I laughed hard at it. The two broads deserved it, they were so unlikeable. :/

Damn, when I looked up what the movie was about, I thought it was either the most brilliant or most stupid idea ever made into a movie. Somehow I even think it's both :shifty:

I'm definitely watching it at some point in the future, although I'll probably do the same as you SRN and laugh the whole time. I know it's not intended to be funny, but I just have to laugh at such 'horror' movies.

I guess it depends on your mood/attitude going into it. My roommate's girlfriend brought it over and I had no idea what it was beforehand. When it started, I thought it involved a supernatural entity that absorbed people and that it needed 100 people to accomplish its mission. Also, I only get the "so bad it's funny" vibe from movies with horrible acting which I would say wasn't the problem for this movie (at least for Dieter Haser and the Asian guy)

Yeah, Dieter Haser was the only guy who did a good job in that movie. He at least managed to pull of a convincable psycho surgeon character. The rest was horrible. It was like when I saw the ending to The Mist; I laughed so hard my lungs almost came up my throat.

Double post ahoy!

Saw The Ghost Writer the other day after recommendation from colleague. I guess it was fine but it sort of lost me halfway in, not because it was dull but I guess political drama and intrigue just aren't my big cup of tea in films, especially when it is the driving force behind the screen. That being said I really enjoyed Pierce Brosnan's performance, he did a pretty good job at playing the bitter politician who was just a facade to the outside world. Ewan McGregor was luke-warm as always, its like he is made to be dull. But then again I haven't seen Trainspotting.

I actually saw that last night as well. I really really enjoyed it. Polanski being Polanski and using some of his fantastic storytelling style to give us a modernized version of a 50's style thriller. And I actually thought Ewan McGreggor did a fine job in the movie.

The Crazies

Eh, it was ok, but nothing special.

What I did find amusing though was that I'd watched A Perfect Getaway a few days before it and saw someone I'd recognised but not seen in a film for a while (said guy turned out to be Tim Olyphant). I switch The Crazies on and he's in that too - two in a row!

I quite like the guy.

I watched Hard Candy and Blow on the weekend.

Blow was fine. It wasn't spectacular and I thought it was a bit slow-paced and not much was happening, but the characters were extremely well portrayed and I really cared for George, which made the film pretty enjoyable.

Hard Candy was fucking boring. I thought the concept was a cool idea, but the movie had so many flaws and got boring so quickly, it killed the entire concept for me. Normally you're supposed to care for the victim in such movies, but i couldn't in this because he was an ass, but I couldn't stand Ellen Page's character. She was so annoying. I mean, her acting was great, but the character was so annoying. At one point I just hoped a meteor or something would drop on the house and kill them off :angry:

I just can't get into such movies, when the victim acts like an idiot, and even the torturer is completely unlikeable.

A film I watched a while ago but highly recommend is The Last House On The Left. It's shown quite often on Sky Movies nowadays.

There's a rape scene in the film that goes on uncomfortably long though. I know they want you to hate the guys doing it so that you're glad when revenge is taken, but shit, it was hard to watch.

I saw Eraserhead for the second time last night. It's not quite as fun on the second watch, but still fucked up enough to get a reaction out of me. Seriously, what the fuck? It's pretty hard for me to give this a rating, but I think if I did, it'd be something like 7.5/10. Those little chickens always creep the shit out of me.

Edited by slain

Has to be Burn Notice. I can't get enough of that show and the bonus is always Bruce Campbell.

Reminds me of like a modern day A-Team with most of the episodes and his own story being second base and that. It's been a very decent watch and never fails to impress me with how the storylines change.

Has to be Burn Notice. I can't get enough of that show and the bonus is always Bruce Campbell.

Reminds me of like a modern day A-Team with most of the episodes and his own story being second base and that. It's been a very decent watch and never fails to impress me with how the storylines change.

Shit, now I'm interested in Burn Notice.

Dinner for Schmucks - 7/10. I like Steve Carrell's lazy humour because he's just a naturally funny guy. And Paul Rudd is a stud. It's the sort of film that's made better when you're watching in a group but I think I'd enjoy it on my own anyway.

Cyrus - 7/10. Wasn't as funny as I was expecting but I liked it as a serious film. I like the main guy with the screwed up face.

Shit, now I'm interested in Burn Notice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqG_H2_Yuyc

It's worth a look into. If your a Bruce Campbell fan then that's one point. Second would be A-Team style helping people. Complex storyline of how a Spy get's burned. Also how everday thing's can be turned into stuff for a spy to use. It is a really good show and storyline's for it is always edge of the seat stuff.

That trailer doesn't do the show justice but I couldn't find one for Season One. >_<