What Did You Watch Today?

BlackFlagg

Zombieland

Good film, especially as I'm playing Dead Rising 2, which I coincidently got the film with for free. Loved the Bill Murray bit, and the pop-ups of the rules in action too. That slow-mo intro to "For Whom The Bell Tolls" had me chuckling too. 8/10

Remember Me

You've gotta be fucking kidding me. Can I please unsee the last 10 minutes? This ending was such a terrible twist and so unecessary and completely ruined the movie. I'm pissed.

The Social Network

So glad I saw this. We were meant to be seeing Despicable Me (in 3D) but wasn't enthused about it to begin with, then my mate said he wanted to see The Social Network, so us two saw that whilst the rest watched Despicable Me (and fell asleep during). I thought the film was great and Jesse Eisenberg as Mark Zuckerberg is wonderful. Great actor, and I only saw Zombieland last weekend too. Great acting all round to be honest. I dislike Trent Reznor/Nine Inch Nails but the soundtrack was excellent too. There was one inaccuracy though. When Zuckerberg takes the Operating Systems class and walks out during it (and the teach calls him on 'quitting' despite him knowing the answer), there were more zero females in the class. I know this from experience. :shifty:8.5/10

EDIT: I like how the film closes with him just sat on his laptop continuously refreshing his own Facebook page. I've been there too.

Edited by TheModernWay

Being a nerd, I made an Excel sheet with all of my movies sorted by year, then by increasing imdb average rating. I've been watching them in order, which started out awesomely with the "Dollar Trilogy" (Fistful of Dollars, For A Few Dollars More and The Good, The Bad & The Ugly.) Today I watched The Goonies, The Breakfast Club and then Back to the Future to polish off 1985. I think those movies are all common knowledge enough not to have to comment on but DAMN was that a blast of nostalgia.

Of course next is 1986, which doesn't look quite as promising. Ah well, at least I'll get to watch David Bowie's codpiece and Lance Henriksen getting disemboweled by an alien queen.

Being a nerd, I made an Excel sheet with all of my movies sorted by year, then by increasing imdb average rating. I've been watching them in order, which started out awesomely with the "Dollar Trilogy" (Fistful of Dollars, For A Few Dollars More and The Good, The Bad & The Ugly.) Today I watched The Goonies, The Breakfast Club and then Back to the Future to polish off 1985. I think those movies are all common knowledge enough not to have to comment on but DAMN was that a blast of nostalgia.

Of course next is 1986, which doesn't look quite as promising. Ah well, at least I'll get to watch David Bowie's codpiece and Lance Henriksen getting disemboweled by an alien queen.

You have Stand By Me from 1986.

Edit:

Just watched Brainscan which was available on FearNet OnDemand. It stars Edward Furlong and it is a pretty good thriller. The plot reminded me of something they would have on The Outer Limits. I would recommend this to anyone looking for a free Halloween movie to watch from FearNet.

Zombieland - 9/10

Glorious on first viewing yet somehow even better the second time round. It's such a god damn fun movie, great comedy and at the same time manages to throw in enough seriousness when needed you could say. Cast is pretty much perfect and Emma Stone is beyond beautiful (only realized today she's only TWENTY ONE YEARS OLD, shocked me). Just an all around brilliant movie and I cant wait for the next installment.

At uni today some guy walked into a lecture late, he looked like the stoner from "Fast Times At Ridgemont High"...so I went home and watched it...amazing film.

Literally just bought the complete series of M.A.S.K...GET IN! Needs to hurry up and come.

Paranormal Activity 2

It definitely doesn't mess with the established formula, but goddamn is it still scary as hell.

I COMPLETELY agree. Which is why I'm still awake at almost 3:00 AM. Fuck me. (N)

Continuing my "watch everything I own in the order it was released" initiative. Finished 1986 with Aliens and I forgot just how epic that movie is. You still see elements of this film in just about every action/sci-fi released after it. The end where the queen is ripping up the floor looking for Newt is still one of the most genuinely frightening monster movie cat and mouse moments ever.

Debating whether I want to kick off 1987 just yet. Dolph Lundgren vs. Frank Langella with guest appearances from Principal Strickland and The Future Ex-Miss WCW Heavyweight Champion seem like a bit of a drop-off...

Oh who am I kidding? That sounds awesome! I HAVE THE POWER!

Finally got going on catching up on Dexter. I saw the first 2 series, and then ITV got shit(ter) and stopped showing them so I lost my way. Started with season 3 last night and have already seen the first 4 episodes and want to watch more! Such a good show. Debra is great, I suspect something is up with Quinn, Miguel and the informant. I miss Doakes though.

SUHPRISE MO'FUCKA!

EDIT: Season 3 done in 3 days. It was too hard to put down. Miguel Prado was acted fantastically by Jimmy Smits (IIRC), and he reminded be a lot of Ricardo Diaz from GTA: Vice City.

Edited by TheModernWay

Finally saw The Social Network. I was really worried I wouldn't get to see this at the cinema, but it was kind of a spontaneous thing while we were out and I'm pretty pleased.

Absolutely loved it. I'd give it a 10/10 (though I do give them out like sweets at Halloween) - it was just a perfectly told story and very interesting. I was a bit worried when I saw the conversation at the start because there was a lot of stuff in there that just came across as trying really hard to sound intelligent at the expense of anybody actually being able to understand what they were talking about, and I thought the entire film might be like that. But it wasn't, thankfully. Also this just makes me like Jesse Eisenburg more. And the other guy looks pretty good for Spiderman now as well.

I finally got around to finishing up The Spectacular Spider-Man series and now I'm pissed that there's not a third season. This show did a great job at balancing the fight between Spider-Man and the villains along with the personal life of Peter Parker. I'm hoping that the next Spider-Man cartoon is at least half as good as this one was.

I finally got around to finishing up The Spectacular Spider-Man series and now I'm pissed that there's not a third season. This show did a great job at balancing the fight between Spider-Man and the villains along with the personal life of Peter Parker. I'm hoping that the next Spider-Man cartoon is at least half as good as this one was.

I know, right? What the fuck is with Marvel, that show was golden. Amazing stuff, just makes me love Greg Weisman even more. I loved the opera episode in season 2, it was outstanding. Marvel should contact him for a run on one of the Spidey books, fuck knows Spidey needs some fresh talent.