What Did You Watch Today?

BlackFlagg

Dear god. Dexter season 4 finale was amazing. Really didn't see it coming. Season 4 didn't seem to get off to as an engaging start as season 3, but certainly got amazing.

Also: "Shut up cunt".

• Like 1

So, just watched Megamind, and was pleasantly surprised. Wasn't anything mindblowing, but maybe due to having my expectations so low, it turned out to be pretty entertaining. One moment was brilliant, and it really stood out for me, although everyone I watched it with thought the entire show was absolutely fantastic. Guess I didn't feel the same because it wasn't aimed at my demographic.

• 2 weeks later...

Did you watch the Director's Cut or the original version? Definitely a great movie.

Are there any movies you actually don't like though :P? I can't recall you ever disliking one and posting it.

Donnie Darko's incredibly overrated. I went through high school with a group of guys who swore up and down it was the best fucking film ever, man, it's going to blow your mind, dude and then I watched it and was like... that's it? It's not awful or anything, it's just so..

well. Meh, like LL said.

I really like the movie, but I agree that it's way too hyped. It's definitely not the best movie ever.

EDIT: In reference to Cloudy, not to Split.

Takers - 7.5/10

Really good movie and pretty entertaining overall. The ending was pretty random and left me a bit like 'that's it?' (unless there's going to be a follow up), but overall certainly a very good film that's worth watching.

Going to be watching Despicable Me today, any good? Not usually one to watch many animated films, but the trailer looks awesome so it's about time I give this a shot.

So, I went to the cinema the other night to see the new Harry Potter film. Only I hadn't seen the last two... so afterwards I watched them as well!

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1 - 8/10 - actually developed the characters a little more and there were a few nice moments, though nothing really happened :shifty:

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix - 8/10

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince - 9/10 - the best one so far for my money, though some things could have been done better.

I thought the film was rather dull. It's okay to watch it once, but it's not something that I'd catch again.

Inception

Once again I don't understand why people think this movie is awesome. It's okay, but nothing great. Completely overhyped in my opinion. I liked Ellen Page though.

Airplane - 7.5/10 - It feels a little bit outdated, but it's probably one of the best spoofs I've ever seen. Leslie Nielson is always welcome on my screen, and I was chuckling through. The Hospital Line and the Roger/Victor/Clarence scene were highlights.

Been on a major film binge recently, but that's what realising your social life is essentially on life support will do to you :(

Gone Baby Gone - 8/10. Couldn't understand about 20% of what Casey Affleck was saying in the first 20 minutes but after that he slowed down and actually made an effort to move his lips. Really liked the film, and it had a fairly unique and refreshing ending.

Leon/The Professional/Leon: The Professional :shifty: - 9/10. There were a few weird scenes but I loved it anyway. Turns out I had the Director's Cut and all the weird, borderline uncomfortable scenes weren't in the original film. So it probably could've even been a 10 without them.

Up - 9/10. Awesome.

Wall-E - 9/10. Also awesome. Probably just about edges Up for me.

The Taking Of Pelham 123: Awesome movie, the ending could've been better, although I did sit there wondering, will he get away with it?

Airplane - 7.5/10 - It feels a little bit outdated, but it's probably one of the best spoofs I've ever seen. Leslie Nielson is always welcome on my screen, and I was chuckling through. The Hospital Line and the Roger/Victor/Clarence scene were highlights.

A friend and I actually just re-watched this movie today and made it a running gag to point out dated stuff. Like, "An Indian wearing a turban and trying to light himself on fire? That guy would NEVER make it past a TSA checkpoint today!"

Airplane is and always will be a 10/10. Airplane 2 however...not quite. :shifty:

So, I spent the majority of the weekend lying in bed, drinking, eating grapes and watching season 1 of "House". I'd tried to watch it before, but it had kind of annoyed me, as I found it horribly formulaic. But I waited it out, because I was in the mood to really enjoy House being an utter cunt, it gets better when over-arching storylines start to fizzle in, but episode to episode still tends to be very formulaic. I really wish more was made of Wilson getting the boot because of House, some amazing potential there, but nothing happened really. Program will turn me into a total hypochondriac though. :shifty: Dr Cameron's fit as fuck (sweaty on a treadmill :pervert:), when does Olivia Wilde show up. :shifty: Season 1's on TV on Demand, need to get hold of 2 onwards sometime. Wasn't a bad way to spend a skint weekend by myself, I'd definitely recommend it.

Edited by YI