What Did You Watch Today?

BlackFlagg

when does Olivia Wilde show up.

Season 4.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows 8/10. It was pretty good, it didn't feel too long even though not much happened in it. I was also reminded why i prefer buying films on DVD and watching them at home because of few fucking idiots, who's voice i kept hearing throughout most of the whole film. The same thing basically happened when i went to see Inception few months ago. The sound of people eating or drinking has never bothered me in movies, but i don't get why people pay to watch a movie and then they are just laughing at their own jokes and talking about what they're gonna do in the weekend throughout it.

Edited by The Sandman

Arrested Development

Finished Season One and halfway through Season Two. I find myself in laughing fits constantly; Tobias and Gob being my highlights. It's just such a wonderful show, I can't get enough of it. Seriously, if you're like me and have missed out on it, hunt down a copy.

Despicable Me - 9/10

Possibly my favorite animated movie I've seen. Just great fun all around and had a hell of a lot of laughs in it, brilliant stuff.

The Switch - 7.5/10

Not amazing, but I've always had a soft spot for Aniston. Actually thought it told a pretty good story overall and everybody played their roles well. Surprisingly I really liked Batemen in this, going into it I wasn't sure if I would.

Saw a few things recently.

Notes On A Scandal. What a fucking movie. See this. Great performances from Dench, Blanchett . . . well, everyone, really.

The Merchant of Venice. I was curious how Pacino would do as Shylock. I figured he'd either be a cartoon or just nail it. And he nailed it. Pretty good overall, but I question some directorial choices. The lead actress has me a bit puzzled, but it may be a case of "just a difference of opinion." Good film, all told.

Ladykillers. Further proof that the Coen brothers can do no wrong - even with a Wayans brother in the cast!

Anyone watching ''Raising Hope'' on Sky1?

I caught up with the first three episodes yesterday and I think it's excellent. They don't try TOO hard to be funny and the fact the episodes are short is a good thing, because I'm always left wanting more.

How many more ep's are left in the series?

Dazed and Confused - 10/10. How have I not heard more about this film? I mean, I've heard of it, but I've never really heard it lauded or anything... it's fantastic. Loved the whole thing.

Rushmore - 7/10. Was good, and it's a high 7, but not enough to be an 8.

Arrested Development

Finished Season One and halfway through Season Two. I find myself in laughing fits constantly; Tobias and Gob being my highlights. It's just such a wonderful show, I can't get enough of it. Seriously, if you're like me and have missed out on it, hunt down a copy.

This times 100. I just recently discovered it on Instant Watch while browsing Netflix on my X Box. Awesome show, and each character is just so wonderful. Tobias being my favorite of course. I'm on Season 3 now and I'm saddened I'll probably be finishing it up this week. I heard they are making a film soon though.

Arrested Development

This times 100. I just recently discovered it on Instant Watch while browsing Netflix on my X Box. Awesome show, and each character is just so wonderful. Tobias being my favorite of course. I'm on Season 3 now and I'm saddened I'll probably be finishing it up this week. I heard they are making a film soon though.

They have been making a film "soon" for the past two years. Hopefully it's actually true now.

Just finished Criminal Minds Season 4, and then watched the first and 9th (Episode 100) of Season 5.

Fuck The Reaper. Seriously. Hearing Hayly on that last phone call was damn near the closest I've come to crying over a TV show. That was just all sorts of fucked up :(

At this point you have realized that John Cusack cannot die. That movie didn't make me hate it at the end. No. It made me say, "I accept you." It was so ludicrous that I genuinely enjoyed it.

Drag Me to Hell

Good film with a very neat twist. Some genuinely scary moments too.

Frozen

Awww, just when I thought I wouldn't be seeing Emma Bell for a while, she pops up in this. And it's good. Considering it has just three characters for a lot of the film, and is slow in parts, I still really enjoyed it.

"It does for skiing what Jaws did for swimming" was on the cover - I'd agree with that. Fuck being in their position.

Saw Tron: Legacy earlier and thought it was awesome, and this is without seeing the first film, or playing the game, or even knowing anything about the series other than some guys shooting lines across a screen. Style-wise it was fantastic and I don't agree with a lot of reviewers that the story was weak at all. I thought

The story behind Tron being made into Clu's bitch and his eventual face turn could've been done better/more extensively, though they were probably pushing for time already...

but aside from that, no complaints.

I just watched The Social Network.

I really liked that there wasn't any redemption for Zuckerburg's character. I have to say that I sympathized with Zuckerburg and felt that he never really strayed from his initial goal. I watched it with three other people and we were split on who was at fault (Mark or Eduardo).

Just came back from watching Tron: Legacy. I've got to say, that it was definately a fun ride. A bit predictable with their "surprises" but aside those short moments, I loved the flow of the movie and worked well to explain the story for people who never saw the original film (My dad never saw it as a teen). All in all, this is probably going to be the best "adaption", of sorts, in the coming year for classic shows or movies. Plus I loved the wackiness of Castor. :wub: