What Did You Watch Today?

BlackFlagg

The entire run of The Office (UK), including the Christmas special. Yes, it took me this long to finally start (and finish.) But I'm still very glad I watched it. Great, great stuff.

A bit odd that I had seen the entire run of Extras before this, though.

The King's Speech I can't quite decide between a 9 or 10 at the moment, but it was a superb film. I went in with quite high expectations because of the glowing reviews and nominations it's received. But it lived up, if not surpassed, those expectations. Colin Firth is fantastic and I'm not fully rooting for him to get his oscar. It's one of the most emotional and heartbreaking films I've watched in a long time. I'd really recommend this.

Went on a total Batman craze today, watched Batman Begins, Dark Knight then followed it up with two animated movies, Gotham Knight and Public Enemies. Gotham Knight was awesome, and I can't believe I forgot how near-perfection Batman Begins was, probably because Dark Knight were closer to reaching that godlike-status.

Also watched Black Swan the yesterday, holy shit was that movie wonderful. Mila Kunis was incredible, Portman was gorgeous as well. Cringed at all the gross parts, though, especially the one with the

finger

:puke:

Planning on watching True Grit next week, and now I shall top off my night by finishing the finishing the first season of Modern Family. Finishing college is awesome!

Went on a total Batman craze today, watched Batman Begins, Dark Knight then followed it up with two animated movies, Gotham Knight and Public Enemies. Gotham Knight was awesome, and I can't believe I forgot how near-perfection Batman Begins was, probably because Dark Knight were closer to reaching that godlike-status.

Also watched Black Swan the yesterday, holy shit was that movie wonderful. Mila Kunis was incredible, Portman was gorgeous as well. Cringed at all the gross parts, though, especially the one with the

finger

Planning on watching True Grit next week, and now I shall top off my night by finishing the finishing the first season of Modern Family. Finishing college is awesome!

I just watched the 1966 Batman: The Movie starring Adam West and Burt Ward on Netflix Instant Watch. It had it's fun, it's camp, it's action. Basically my summation is holy crap, the 60's were insane.

Batman gets his leg eaten by a fucking shark. In the first scene. Not just any shark, but an exploding shark. And he walks it off in the next scene like a boss. This same indestructible Batman makes Christopher Reeve's goody-two-shoes Superman look dirty. Batman rushes around to eight different locations with an enormous bomb, not wanting to throw it anywhere, or leave it anywhere, if even one single person... who seems more than capable of moving their asses, or even sweet, innocent ducklings, might be hurt. Oh and there's lectures about the dangers of alcohol. Am I forgetting anything? Oh, the complete bullshit detective skills regarding Riddler's Riddles.

Batman reading riddle written in the sky: "What goes up white and comes down yellow and white?"

Robin right away: "An egg!"

Sure, I'll buy that one. It's even pretty clever. I'm talking about this:

Batman reading riddle: "What weighs six ounces, sits in a tree and is very dangerous?"

Robin right away: "A sparrow with a machine gun!"

Commissioner Gorden: "Yes, of course!"

o_O

finger

I just watched the 1966 Batman: The Movie starring Adam West and Burt Ward on Netflix Instant Watch. It had it's fun, it's camp, it's action. Basically my summation is holy crap, the 60's were insane.

Batman gets his leg eaten by a fucking shark. In the first scene. Not just any shark, but an exploding shark. And he walks it off in the next scene like a boss. This same indestructible Batman makes Christopher Reeve's goody-two-shoes Superman look dirty. Batman rushes around to eight different locations with an enormous bomb, not wanting to throw it anywhere, or leave it anywhere, if even one single person... who seems more than capable of moving their asses, or even sweet, innocent ducklings, might be hurt. Oh and there's lectures about the dangers of alcohol. Am I forgetting anything? Oh, the complete bullshit detective skills regarding Riddler's Riddles.

Batman reading riddle written in the sky: "What goes up white and comes down yellow and white?"

Robin right away: "An egg!"

Sure, I'll buy that one. It's even pretty clever. I'm talking about this:

Batman reading riddle: "What weighs six ounces, sits in a tree and is very dangerous?"

Robin right away: "A sparrow with a machine gun!"

Commissioner Gorden: "Yes, of course!"

o_O

With regard to Batman and Adam West.

The best exchange in the whole movie is:

Robin: Gosh Batman, the nobility of the almost-human porpoise.

Batman: True, it was noble of that animal to hurl himself into the path of that final torpedo. He gave his life for ours.

It is also great seeing all the crazy machines that are used by Batman in the movie or the television show. The movie had the machine that separated all of the dust of the Council members.

Frozen

Decent little thriller in the spirit of Open Water. Not anything spectacular, but a fun movie to watch on a Sunday afternoon when you're bored.

Exam

Brilliant idea for a mystery, good execution, horrendously weak payoff.

Just watched Lars and the Real Girl. I didn't know anything about it, but I saw it playing on the MGM channel and thought the description of it was interesting. I have to say I was pleasantly surprised that it was not a poorly executed comedy. This was a great film and I would recommend it to anyone to check it out. 8.5/10

The office party was very touching. Both my roommate and I were nervous that he was just going get made fun of there and were awaiting a cringe-worthy scene.

The Kids Are All Right - 8/10

Just a really, really nice film. I hated Annette Bening, but I think that was more to do with damn good writing than anything else. Ruffalo was wonderful, can't wait to see him as Banner now and MAN, this film really turned me around on Julianne Moore. Really fun character that I felt was quite relateable, apart from the whole lesbian thing. :P My only problem with it is that I feel like it was setting the film up to be about Lazer wanting a dad only to then do a 180 and it ends up being about Jonis relationship and the whole Lazer thing really just goes out of the window and isn't heard from again.

Shutter Island

Finally saw it, managed to avoid the "twist," but it didn't really matter since if you've watched a movie in the last 10 years, you knew it was coming. What I loved was the chilling final moment of the film, which more than made up for the predictable, but still well-done climax. Good film.

finger

You could try to catch the animated film Batman: Under The Red Hood sometime. So good.

Went on a Jack Bauer Power Hour...that lasted about 5/6 hours cause I was too hungover for uni (Aka I was hungover but just couldnt be arsed getting out of bed)

Black Swan - 8/10 Portman deserves to win the oscar without a doubt. Really enjoyed this one, it looked stunning and some of the camera work showcasing the dancing was very effective. But this one's all about the performances as the cast are all top notch.

So I figured I would watch some of the pictures nominated for best film, and I started today with Black Swan. Personally, this was a fantastic film performance wise, and it was a great touch using the actual music from Swan Lake, as it really helped me get invested in some powerful scenes. Natalie's performance was top notch, as I totally spaced that she had lost a lot of weight and was really super skinny. 8.5/10 for me.

Scott Pilgrim vs. The World

I hate myself for taking this damn long to finally watch it. I didn't think it would be possible to work the books into a single movie, and even though a lot of stuff is chopped down, it's as close to perfect as you're going to get. Off to edit my favorite movies of 2010 list.