What Did You Watch Today?

BlackFlagg

It might be Lynch's most coherent film ever, aside from Dune.

Monsters 7/10

Not bad at all, but not as good as I was expecting. Still, it was a neat little love story with a tinge of genre thrown in as backdrop.

Date Night 8.5/10

Actually a lot better than I was expecting with a great cast from top to bottom. I can only imagine what Steve Carell and Tina Fey could do with a really good script.

There I am watching the pilot episode of The Shield, minding my own business wondering what the big deal is really and

BANG Vic shoots a fellow cop in the fucking head using the drug guy's gun to end the first fucking episode

and well, that got my attention.

Oh I am so jealous of anyone who gets to watch The Shield for the first time. Holy shit, you're in for the craziest roller coaster ride in television history.

Tonight, I watched The Town.

Affleck is the bomb, yo. Really enjoyed it.

Watched Memento for the second time last night. Saw it for the first time a couple of years ago and loved it, but I haven't watched it since because it's really the type of film you shouldn't watch too often. But yeah, loved it just as much and I'm shit at remembering films so I forgot most of the major plot points. Definitely warrants being one of my favourite films.

Saw The Adjustment Bureau last night. It started off kinda slow, got really intense there for a minute, and then the ending was like "HERE IS YOUR DAMN METAPHOR!!!" and then ended.

It was alright. Could have had a much sweeter ending though. It just seemed like they realised they were running out of minutes and just cut the last bit off the script off.

You're a horrible human being, Fr34k. American Psycho is wonderful.

This past week I watched Platoon which was quite good. Tom Berenger was really the stand out though, I fucking loved him, really a great performance and probably my favourite thing about the film. I also finally got around to watching The Fighter, which was great, Bale definitely deserved the Oscar, but fuck me, are you serious, Melissa Leo winning Best Supporting Actress over Hailee Steinfeld is a fucking tragedy. Hailee gave an amazing performance for an adult actress at the age of 14 (?). There was nothing wrong with Leo's performance, but in no way was it better than Steinfelds. I also watched The Social Network which was... good. I wouldn't really go any further than that though. And today at work, I ended up watching Unbreakable for the first time. The first half is great, really interesting story, but the ending was pretty much the definition of anti-climatic.

Watched Monsters today on Netflix after the new Tosh.0. It was pretty good, a lot better than I was expecting after reading a lot of reviews that weren't too kind to the film. Overall I'd say it's worth a look, I was never bored which I kinda figured was going to happen since I figured it'd just be nothing but them walking through the Mexico boarder, thankfully the movie had a rather faster pace than most of these kind of movies.

Also, for those of you who have netflix and haven't seen Daybreakers from last year I would definitely recommend checking it out. It was on my personal top ten list of 2010 and unfortunately kinda just flew under the radar without getting much recognition.

Edited by hot rod

Watched Monsters today on Netflix after the new Tosh.0. It was pretty good, a lot better than I was expecting after reading a lot of reviews that weren't too kind to the film. Overall I'd say it's worth a look, I was never bored which I kinda figured was going to happen since I figured it'd just be nothing but them walking through the Mexico boarder, thankfully the movie had a rather faster pace than most of these kind of movies.

I also saw it as soon as it came on Instant View, and, although I never read any reviews, if they weren't too kind to the movie then they were right. That was garbage.

I also saw it as soon as it came on Instant View, and, although I never read any reviews, if they weren't too kind to the movie then they were right. That was garbage.

No need to be one of those cocks that quotes themself, but-- Yeah, I'm a cock.

Monsters: "Interesting idea, flat execution. The alien backdrop is incidental; this is about the blossoming relationship between the two characters. Shame about the lack of chemistry then. They just wander around the infected zone for ninety minutes being rather bland. Some character development beyond a couple of anecdotes would’ve been lovely."

SPEAKING OF - I review all the films I watch now here: http://thewilsoning.tumblr.com/