What Did You Watch Today?

BlackFlagg

Sucker Punch.

I'm not sure how I feel about the film. On one hand, I loved the action scenes, especially the first and final one. On the other hand, the plot line was really dull at times with a few holes and some of the dialogue sounded hideous to me (Scott Glenn's dialogue comes to mind). Not to mention that a lot of things didn't seem to add up. However, it looked beautiful on-screen, and Emily Browning was gorgeous throughout. Just seeing her kicking ass was awesome, especially when you remember her in Lemony Snickets.

I took my little brother to see Rango on Thursday (I wanted to see Paul but unfortunately he wasn't old enough for it). Rango was pretty good animated movie, the trailers were just god awful. But it was really funny and most of jokes flew over my brothers head, so there is still some tame older humor in it as well. And Clint Eastwood was awesome in it!

I also watched Splinter, which was pretty good. It's a monster movie but the monster is pretty interesting and they left it open for a sequel which I'd actually be interested in. I just finished watching Zack and Miri which is still one of my favorite films. And I agree with the love for No Country For Old Men, I picked it up at Jewel of all places for ten bucks a couple weeks ago.

I took my little brother to see Rango on Thursday (I wanted to see Paul but unfortunately he wasn't old enough for it). Rango was pretty good animated movie, the trailers were just god awful. But it was really funny and most of jokes flew over my brothers head, so there is still some tame older humor in it as well. And Clint Eastwood was awesome in it!

That was Timothy Olyphant voicing a Clint Eastwood lookalike.

Yeah, I enjoyed The Crazies a lot as well. Then again I'm into those kind of movies. When I saw it in theaters the place was surprisingly packed, probably the most packed movie I have ever been too. It was a lot better than the original in my opinion.

And no, I did not notice that wasn't the actual Clint Eastwood. Still awesome that they had Eastwood in it though.

So I watched The Peacemaker today, it aired on some local TV channel...

Thought George Clooney's character was terrible in it, but the bad guy was awesome. Had a really great character arc, and I really felt for his pain, etc. Plus, it had short-haired Nicole Kidman, who was gorgeous.

And I really don't understand the love for Rango. Thought it was a poor show, had only a few decent comedic parts in it. Compared to every other animated show I saw last year, it was bad.

The Fighter A+!!!!!

Christian Bale is awesome as he (almost) always is, but the thing that surprised me was how good Mark Wahlberg was. Jesus he can almost act sometimes.

Yeah, I liked Wahlberg too. He's really not a bad actor, just way too hyped by the hollywood machine.

The Kids Are All Right: So I guess the big progressive message of this movie is that yes, lesbian couples are just like heterosexual couples, right down to that meaning that they have every capacity to be just as marginally likable and kind of annoying as straight people. I can respect that, but I would have been fine not watching a movie about it. Of the eight 2010 Best Picture nominees I've seen, this one is the least deserving by far.

• Like 1

I liked it. I think it would have been better if it tried to tell the story of two kids raised by lesbians, which is something that's quite often heard about, but I don't think there's ever been much of a look into what happens to the kids 18 years down the road when they haven't had a dad, how they've turned out because of that and what it's like for what's usually a central part of any kids life to be introduced so far down the line. Instead it ended up being all about the adults, which, while I liked Ruffalo and Moore's character was fun, it just wasn't as interesting.

Also Annette Benning's character was completely unlikeable and a total bitch, I have no idea how she got a nomination for that, the performance was absolutely nothing to write home about.

If that was the point of the movie then it really missed the mark. And none of the adults were likable, least of all Ruffalo who really was a self-absorbed, super proud of himself, womanizing dick who deserved the ending he got. Good acting but god did I want someone to punch him in the face.

That's what I thought it was, but it seemed like it completely forgot about it after the first half an hour. I honestly wouldn't be surprised to find out that the script was re-written after they'd filmed the first 20 minutes and then they decided to go with the original ending.

Hall Pass - 2/10 Pure shite. Didn't expect anything good, but was hoping it wouldn't be stupidly bad; but it was.

Limitless - 7.5/10 Really fun movie. Bradley Cooper has some real leading man potential which he showed off here. The story was fun, it was shot really nicely and I liked the style the director was going for. Good way to spend a couple of hours.