What Did You Watch Today?

BlackFlagg

It's just my own personal opinion, maybe, but God, that show seriously does not require any form of thinking whatsoever. If you did, you'd notice the flaws.

Not to mention that unlike the previous Fast & Furious-es, the cars took a backseat to the horrible plot. Which made the show even worse.

I went in knowing that I'd be looking for two things only: cars and girls. They didn't fill the first quota, so that's where I started noticing all the holes, I guess.

EDIT: Also, being a great Fast & Furious movie isn't exactly hard to do, you know.

Edited by Ben D.D. Cuntface

And if the film was nothing but cars and girls, I'm sure everyone would be up in arms complaining about that. Maybe it's just me, but I knew what I was in for, sat down and just went in with an open mind. And I got a pretty solid film that I'd actually watch again.

• Like 2

Just got back from Jack Sparrow Movie Series 4: On Stranger Tides. And I guess it was an okay movie. It was okay, I guess. Okay. At least.

God damn, they are going to make another one, aren't they?

Just got back from Jack Sparrow Movie Series 4: On Stranger Tides. And I guess it was an okay movie. It was okay, I guess. Okay. At least.

God damn, they are going to make another one, aren't they?

2 more.

i liked the first Pirates, but they just got worse as they went on. i think the only reason i enjoyed the first one so much was because Orlando Bloom's character was essentially the main character and in the next two Jack Sparrow slowly became the central character the story revolved around. i haven't seen the most recent one and probably won't until it's at the cheaper theater.

I watched Cloverfield earlier today with a friend of mine who hasn't even seen it yet if you can believe that. i still believe that it's the best monster movie, and one of the most intense films i've seen. 9/10.

i liked the first Pirates, but they just got worse as they went on. i think the only reason i enjoyed the first one so much was because Orlando Bloom's character was essentially the main character and in the next two Jack Sparrow slowly became the central character the story revolved around. i haven't seen the most recent one and probably won't until it's at the cheaper theater.

I watched Cloverfield earlier today with a friend of mine who hasn't even seen it yet if you can believe that. i still believe that it's the best monster movie, and one of the most intense films i've seen. 9/10.

Are you kidding me?

Seriously now. Seriously. I enjoyed Cloverfield as well but the best monster movie ever? Really? I mean, it doesn't hold a CANDLE, not even a fucking matchstick, to THE BEST OF ALL TIME...

Tremors. (H)

Just finished Finding Nemo. Damn, I forgot how good this show was. Definitely watching it when I have kids of my own.

Also today, finished Pillars Of The Earth and Spartacus: Gods Of The Arena. Pillars was okay, as I've only read the book after it I can see how everything ties in.

Gods Of The Arena was awesome, STARS put on a great series there. Thinking of getting Blood and Sands (I think that's what the next part is called) next, anyone know if its any good?

Seriously now. Seriously. I enjoyed Cloverfield as well but the best monster movie ever? Really? I mean, it doesn't hold a CANDLE, not even a fucking matchstick, to THE BEST OF ALL TIME...

Tremors. (H)

Oh, no contest right there.

Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides

Rather long. Involves a lot of 'activity', but most of it rather uninteresting. A bit like someone said "let's take a bland pirate story and throw Jack Sparrow in it"...which is probably what they actually did, come to think of it. My favourite part of the film was the guy playing King George II for a brief scene near the beginning, just because his mannerisms were very entertaining.

Not worth your time.

Nightmare on Elm Street (2010)

I've been putting off watching this because everyone told me not to bother, but it was on HBO, so I figured I'd give it a shot. Surprisingly, it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be and at least they changed some stuff up, but what a wasted opportunity. Quite a few good ideas and some fun tweaks to the story that could've kept it from being a completely pointless remake, but of course, it's Platinum Dunes, so they managed to fuck all that up.

Goddammit Michael Bay, just go eat all the dicks.

Watchmen was amazing

Jackie Earle Haley and the opening credits sequence were amazing. The rest of the movie ranged from a bit above average to eye-rollingly obvious (hey, it's the Vietnam War, let's play "Ride of the Valkyries!"). Most overrated movie of 2009.

Thor was pretty cool. Chris Hemsworth and Tom Hiddleston were perfectly cast, the supporting cast was generally strong (Kat Dennings as quirky teen comic relief wore on me a bit but she had her moments), and considering it felt pretty prequel-y for Avengers it really set the tone well. And after all the drama over Idris Elba as Heimdall, I was glad that he really knocked that role out of the park.

The best part of Zack Snyder's films are the opening montage's, imo. The one for Dawn of the Dead to Johnny Cash's "when the man comes around" is my favorite. The Watchmen opening was awesome, and the intro to Sucker Punch was great as well.

Oh god, so apparently the family rented Little Fockers. And I realized that "mainstream PG-13 comedy without a Ferrell/McKay absurd streak" has fucking passed me by. By far the most unappealing movie of last year, and that includes Human Centipede.