What Did You Watch Today?

BlackFlagg

whats up with all the Zack Snyder hate? Watchmen was amazing, his Dawn of the Dead is better than the original, imo. I have yet to see 300 but from what I've read it was pretty good. I can understand why some people didn't enjoy Sucker Punch as much as me, but the movie looked beautiful, the action scenes were great, and the ending actually had me choked up. And I've heard far worse dialogue.

The whole movie reeked of attempted mind candy but it was so transparent and obvious and not really very intelligent; also, the only fight scene that was any good was the first one. You know what? I bet you loved the shit out of Skyline, didn't you? :rolleyes:

EDIT: Better, more blown away, whatever, still mind-boggling.

Zack Snyder is very poor when he has to deal with narrative, dialogue, mise en scene, and editing; and when he has to direct actors (real and CGI) in a location (real and CGI). Other than that, he's fine.

Edited by GA.

Had an Always Sunny in Philadelphia marathon all day. Who Pooped The Bed has got to be one of my favorite episodes. Although the one where Frank and Charlie drop acid is still my favorite episode. My favorite show on TV besides maybe Eastbound and Down.

300 was good, Watchmen was decent, Sucker Punch sounds like the most intelligence insulting shitfest of the year. I thought the trailer looked awesome, but the minute I started reading about it, my brain started throbbing like when I heard about Michael Bay's Transformer Heaven.

Attack the Block - 8/10. Critics have been raving about it but it looked awful from the trailer so I still had my doubts going into it. But it was great - action-packed, funny in a lot of places and interesting characters. Good stuff.

300 was good, Watchmen was decent, Sucker Punch sounds like the most intelligence insulting shitfest of the year. I thought the trailer looked awesome, but the minute I started reading about it, my brain started throbbing like when I heard about Michael Bay's Transformer Heaven.

Transformer Heaven? For real? Oh and I saw Black Swan. It was weird and creepy and not nearly as sexy as I had hoped.

yeah I'm a huge Kevin Smith fan, I wasn't trying to say Cop Out was an amazing movie or anything. But it's definitely not a bad movie.

Speaking of bad movies, Survival of the Dead. Just watched it on netflix and it's one of the worst zombie movies I have seen. 1/10. I have tried thinking of something positive about it, but I just couldn't.

Has anybody seen Leaves of Grass with Edward Norton? It's on netflix and I'm thinking about giving it a watch.

yeah I'm a huge Kevin Smith fan, I wasn't trying to say Cop Out was an amazing movie or anything. But it's definitely not a bad movie.

Speaking of bad movies, Survival of the Dead. Just watched it on netflix and it's one of the worst zombie movies I have seen. 1/10. I have tried thinking of something positive about it, but I just couldn't.

Has anybody seen Leaves of Grass with Edward Norton? It's on netflix and I'm thinking about giving it a watch.

I've seen it and recommend it.