What Did You Watch Today?

BlackFlagg

I'm kind of ashamed to admit that I forgot how great The Dark Knight is though I'm still not a huge fan of Bale's Batman voice in it. It's gonna be interesting to see how long after the end of The Dark Knight they go for the start of Rises.

Oh, I watched On Stranger Tides. I actually liked the interactions between Penelope Cruz and Johnny Depp, Geoffrey Rush was brilliant as always, but thought Ian McShane came off a bit awkward. A great new addition to the cast was the guy from Boardwalk Empire though, he was wonderful.

Movie came off as bland and boring, and obviously just coat-riding on the success of the first three. If they're making another two, then that's just terrible.

Yeah, Pirates was really average. Loved the interaction between Depp, Cruz and Rush - but the whole thing was too long and just really average. Didn't come anywhere near to the greatness of the first one.

The Hangover 2 - It was similar to the first one, but I loved it. I was laughing throughout and the whole cinema enjoyed it, which adds to the experience in my opinion. Some people won't like it because it has a very similar formula to the first one, but the laughs were big and I had a fun two hours.

I too saw The Hangover 2 last night as part of a team showing. Keep in mind I've not seen the first one, but I did quite enjoy it. One of the other guys was telling me that now I've seen it, I've seen the first one as well.

But still I enjoyed it, and I'm not too fussed on Zack Galalalalalalalalaikinis in general either.

Saw VI.

Good fucking hell that film is shit. It's not even got an underlying message to justify how ridiculous it is like some of the others. The way they didn't even bother to tie stuff in to previous films, they just spliced extra scenes, that have no previous mention, into it because they went well beyond the original intended number of films is blatantly clear. So glad that number seven is the last for now, but I'm not particularly looking forward to watching it and will basically only be watching for a sense of completion.

Guest skipschool

I watched the 10th Anniversary Edition of Clerks (the extended straight from super VHS one with the alternative ending) yesterday with the 2004 commentary on, the commentary was golden, just like the film.

Then last night I went to watch The Hangover 2, its basically the first one just moved to Thailand, alright for what it was but I realise this genre of movie is best for me to just have on in the background or watch while I drift off to sleep.

On that note, I'm going to a festival in five hours and have had about two hours sleep, so I'm going to put Ready To Rumble on because I hate myself and fall asleep to it.

Piranha (2010 version)

I didn't go in expecting much, but holy shit, this was fun to watch. A couple of people I'd spoken to beforehand told me it was shit - well, yeah, if you were expecting a serious horror about killer fish, then maybe so.

Some of the kill scenes were great, too.

Did you like the first Hangover?

I did, which is why I'm so baffled at how poor this is. You could hear a pin drop in the cinema particularly during the first several scenes as they sleptwalked through the set-up. It then seems they banked all of their humour on the sheer mean-spirited shock factor and the annoying asides from Zach Galifianakis' character (who he, Ed Helms and Ken Jeong, were caricatures of their characters from the original). The plot itself, as my friend put it, "The Godfather Part 2 for retards". And any film that ends with a random musical number is one that's given up on itself. This one with a certain cameo is the worst case of "giving up completely" since Shrek 2.

In my opinion, Todd Phillips put more effort into the soundtrack. And even that was naff.

I didn't mind the movie, it wasn't as good as the first Hangover but it wasn't exactly terrible either. I just didn't like that pretty much every single joke came from Zach Galifinakis (Ken Jeong had a few but even they were usually followed up by a Galifinakis comment). The minor characters were a lot better in the first movie too.

This one with a certain cameo is the worst case of "giving up completely" since Shrek 2.

Uh, fuck your mother, what? Shrek 2 was an awesome sequel.