What Did You Watch Today?

BlackFlagg

X-Men: First Class - it was awesome. Great performances from all the main characters and just a really fun film to watch. Hopefully they make more because the younger Xavier and Magneto are pretty interesting characters.

X-Men: First Class - it was awesome. Great performances from all the main characters and just a really fun film to watch. Hopefully they make more because the younger Xavier and Magneto are pretty interesting characters.

Apparently the main ensemble cast signed on for 3 total movies.

And after seeing it I echo your praise entirely

I watched the first Hangover for the first time last night, having seen Hangover 2 last week. Maybe because I saw them the wrong way around, I think I preferred the second one. But now I get the comments about them being similar, it is literally the same film just replacing the variables.

I watched the first Hangover for the first time last night, having seen Hangover 2 last week. Maybe because I saw them the wrong way around, I think I preferred the second one. But now I get the comments about them being similar, it is literally the same film just replacing the variables.

I actually liked the second one better. Maybe it's because I saw it a lot more recently, so it's fresh in my mind, but I laughed a lot yesterday and I don't remember laughing as much at the first.

Holy shit X-Men: First Class was great. Might be my favorite movie this year so far. January Jones :wub::wub::wub: Kevin Bacon was weird at first, thought he'd get killed right away, but then they managed to make him a pretty good bad guy. Azazel was badass though. Still, January Jones :wub::wub::wub:

Echoing the love for X-Men: First Class, that's pushing X2 for the best in the franchise, definitely. It's got the best cameo in a superhero movie ever though.

Echoing the love for X-Men: First Class, that's pushing X2 for the best in the franchise, definitely. It's got the best cameo in a superhero movie ever though.

Yeah, the cameo was awesome, though I still love Stan Lee's one in Thor more though. Although, everyone I've talked to said they didn't see it, so can someone confirm with me that

there was a little girl Storm when Xavier went into Cerebro mode? I'm pretty sure there was, she was a little black girl with white hair.

Also, was there an extra scene at after the credits or in the middle? Can someone tell me what it was if there was?

Yeah, the cameo was awesome, though I still love Stan Lee's one in Thor more though. Although, everyone I've talked to said they didn't see it, so can someone confirm with me that

there was a little girl Storm when Xavier went into Cerebro mode? I'm pretty sure there was, she was a little black girl with white hair.

Also, was there an extra scene at after the credits or in the middle? Can someone tell me what it was if there was?

no there wasn't thing after the credits.

As long as you saw Erik wear the Magneto suit recruiting Emma Frost, you saw everything.

Saw it a second time tonight and damn, it's just as great if not better the second time. I think it's the second best superhero movie (outside of Dark Knight of course). If not it definitely gives X2 and Spiderman 2 for a run for their money.

Though I really like X-Men First Class a few things bugged/irked me some bothered me a lot. Mostly all comic related stuff that doesn't bother me enough to ruin it really.

Don't look if you haven't seen it.

Calling Dragonfly Angel when there is already a character called Angel in the continuity

Dragonfly, Riptide and Azazeal in the "Hellfire Club"

"Hellfire Club" but no mention of White Queen & King, Black Queen & King

Older Emma Frost then when she appeared in Wolverine set over 10 years after

Havok, Cyclops younger brother old enough to be in prison yet Scott Summers is in High School 10 years later

Mystique tricking Azazeal by turning into Sebastian Shaw with mind block helmet yet she was unaware of the helmets existance at that point

Banshee being American not Irish

Moira being American CIA agent not a Scottish geneticist

Xavier ages from McAvoy to Stewart in just 10 years

Xavier with hair but his hair loss was due to the manifestation of his power

A young Storm in Cerebro wearing contemporary clothes yet she was a teenager in an African village

The death of Sebastian Shaw when he is a big villain in the early years of the X-Men just wiped out

Magneto being the cause of Xaviers paralysis

Darwins death was needless and pointless didn't care in the slightest as we didn't get to know the character

Emma Frost having her diamond form yet it was a secondary power manifestation from later on in the Mythos

The murder of Sebastian Shaw though to avenge the murder of Magnetos mother was needless in showing his darker methods the use of the missiles and shells was enough

Oh, I see. Yeah, it's a movie. Let go of continuity issues and be happy you get something watchable, instead of more X3/Wolverine garbage. So of that I'll give you. The Banshee and Darwin points are fine, but plenty of those are just being stupidly nitpicky. McAvoy doesn't age into Patrick Stewart, it's the same fucking character. Michael Keaton didn't age into Val Kilmer when he took over as Batman.

Really? Shaw's death is an issue? It's a movie! He's the villain, generally they die. This isn't comics, they aren't going to be pumping them out monthly so he can keep popping up. If it was a comic, that was his character arc.

This is why ulti comic book nerds are shit when it comes to watching comic book movies with. They suck the fun out of it.

How the hell would they ever explain the Mythos concept without making a whole movie out of that?!

• Like 3

I loved X-Men First Class, I think my only gripe was that Shaw fell flat for me as the villain. That's the only thing holding it back from being superior to X2 (though to be fair, I'd take Brian Cox over Kevin Bacon any day of the week). There was nothing wrong with the performance or character, it just kind of felt like he was there just because they needed a villain. Like there wasn't enough room to flesh out the characters of Erik and Xavier. Same with the rest of the Hellfire Club, Emma Frost included. They all fell a bit flat for me. Apart from Azazel, who gets a pass for looking so badass. And especially 'Angel', who seemed to have no point at all besides them needing a turncoat... which Mystique would eventually be anyway, making Angel even more pointless.

I hope First Class ends up being the franchise to somehow do the Apocalypse storyline. I fucking loved Apocalypse in the cartoon and the alternate world would be wonderful to see, though I doubt it. If not, I'd like to see someone take a crack at Mr. Sinister, The Sentinels or Mojo. And it'd be nice if we could get an appearance from some more lesser villains next time, like Omega Red and Scarlett Witch.