What Did You Watch Today?

BlackFlagg

Scream 4

It's 1996 all over again! It's not scary, but holy hell is it fun. Absolutely perfect time to bring the franchise back to lampoon modern horror clichés and they do it pretty damn well. The whole movie is fan service and "wink wink, nudge nudge" stuff, so if Scream was a staple of your teenage years like mine, you'll enjoy it.

I have to echo the love, after watching the first three films over again to gear up for Scream 4, I couldn't help but point out how much culture and technology has changed since the late 90's and wondered if they'd be able to keep the same kind of spirit for Scream 4. I think it came off well and enjoyed the film. (Y)

I'll also echo the love for Scream 4. Watched it earlier today and loved it. I actually thought it had quite a few good jumpy moments in it and was certainly a hell of a lot of fun. Brilliant ending that actually fooled me in places too, which I rarely find in horror movies nowadays. I wouldn't rate it ahead of any of the previous three, which I'm in love with, but it's almost on par with them and I cant wait to see where they go from here. Also, I thought Emma Roberts did a fantastic job in her role, massive thumbs up.

Prince of Persia is... what it is. It's a great popcorn flick. Compared to the story in the first game though and the overall character arcs, it loses in a big way. Oddly, despite that flaw, it's still better than most video game adaptations. I'll sum it up easily: If you like The Scorpion King, you'll like this.

Fast Five - 8/10. Suitably ridiculous and fast-paced, which is what I went in wanting to see. The Rock was awesome.

Thor - 9/10. Actually really loved it. The dialogue didn't seem as cliche as most superhero films and there were quite a few funny moments, and the action and storyline were good as well. My infatuation with Natalie Portman didn't hurt my rating either :wub:

K-Pax - This is an older movie, made around 2001, that I haven't ever heard anyone talk about. My girlfriend actually remembered it and got me to watch it. Basically Jeff Bridges is a psychiatrist who is given a patient who believes he is an alien (Kevin Spacey). The rest of the movie plays on whether he actually is or not.

I thought it was great as the weighing up of is he/isn't he is built right to the climx of the film. I reccomend it.

Edited by The Inquisition

K-Pax - This is an older movie, made around 2001, that I haven't ever heard anyone talk about. My girlfriend actually remembered it and got me to watch it. Basically Kurt Russel is a psychiatrist who is given a patient who believes he is an alien (Kevin Spacey). The rest of the movie plays on whether he actually is or not.

I thought it was great as the weighing up of is he/isn't he is built right to the climx of the film. I reccomend it.

Jeff Bridges, not Kurt Russel. Other than that, yes, I agree. Good film.

K-Pax - This is an older movie, made around 2001, that I haven't ever heard anyone talk about. My girlfriend actually remembered it and got me to watch it. Basically Kurt Russel is a psychiatrist who is given a patient who believes he is an alien (Kevin Spacey). The rest of the movie plays on whether he actually is or not.

Jeff Bridges, not Kurt Russel. Other than that, yes, I agree. Good film.

Whoops. Slip of the mind there. Yes it was indeed Jeff Bridges. I'll edit that now.

I've been watching Twin Peaks. I'm about to start the episode where they finally unveil Laura's killer. I don't even remember the first season, they've thrown a bunch of shit out there. Lynch should quit movies and just do another TV show. I'm sure it could find a nice niche on some basic cable channel.

Thor

Just returned from watching this, and I was entertained nicely. Not saying it was awesome, but compared to a shitload of other comic book movies, this one was good. I love the current era of awesome comic book flicks. Best part of this show was definitely Natalie Portman :wub: and Stan Lee's greatest cameo yet.

Insidious - 7/10. I don't normally watch horror films but I was bored so I went with a few mates to watch it. The first half was actually awesome with a really creepy score, some well-built tension and a bunch of jittery moments; the second half didn't live up to the same standard but it was still a good film overall that had me checking behind the shower curtain every time I used the bathroom when I got home.

Inception - 9/10. Only the second time I've seen it, with the first being at the cinema. It would've been better with a fuck-off sound system and a decent TV screen, neither of which I had available, but I still thought it was a great film and don't really get the backlash it's got from a fair few people here. As for the ever-continuing debate over which of Nolan's films is best, I've only seen The Prestige once but my personal ranking would be Memento -> The Dark Knight -> Inception -> The Prestige, and I haven't seen anything else he's done.

Fast Five - 2/10 I never saw any of the previous ones because of my disinterest in cars and Vin Deisel, but saw this movie out of boredom with a few friends hoping to be entertained but saw myself just rolling my eyes throughout the movie because of how bad it was. I'm sure if cars are your thing you'll somewhat like it.

Paul - 6.5/10 basically the term medicore never felt so perfect to describe a movie. Great cast with some few laughs, but I was actually a little disappointed with it, even with low expectations but still didn't hate it either.

Your Highness - 10/10 I'm biased due to my love for Danny McBride, but I'll be damned if this wasn't the funniest movie I have seen since Hot Tub Time Machine (which is one of my favorite movies).

Limitless - Pretty much loved it from start to finish. Well thought out, a little different and just overall a hell of a lot of fun. Cooper is really beggining to exceed my expectations and played the lead brilliantly.

Tucker and Dale vs. Evil - Just go and see this. It's nothing special. No major special effects. It's just a hell of a lot of fun and how you should mix comedy/horror together. Some great laughs and simply a movie that you can sit back and enjoy without taking seriously.