What Did You Watch Today?

BlackFlagg

I think after three years of university plus some other work afterwards, I just pity bad acting now. I'm editing a film at the moment - nothing but pity.

The special effects were quite "special" though. I loved how the birds moved in exactly the same direction as the camera.

My favorite part about the acting, though, was the writing.

"I hear a mountain lion! I gotta get back to my house and you better get to your car!"

That moment was wonderful. Right after a speech about man killing the environment or something too.

I watched Birdemic the other day too! Although I watched the Rifftax. That movie has a real Manos quality. In that it's 90% pointless driving!

I also watched The Human Centipede. Which I thought was kinda funny.

I watched The Asylum's (the fine people that brought you Snakes on a Train) Sherlock Holmes. It was pretty bad. For some reason, they had Sherlock's brother in the movie but called him Thorpe instead of Mycroft. Thorpe would then sometimes refer to Sherlock as Robert which we find out at the end of the movie is his actual first name and he uses his middle name, Sherlock, because Robert Holmes isn't very memorable.

Speaking of... I saw Rubber and good god. I've never seen such a terrible movie be as condescending as this. It's not even funny bad, it's just miserable to watch. Ugh.

Battle of Los Angeles.

Did you watch Black Hawk Down and think 'you know what that movie needed? Aliens.'? No? Well fuck...ummmm...

I wanted to like this movie. Fuck, I wanted to love this movie. Theoretically, it hits a ton of my spots. I love LA. I'm one of those people who think it's stupid to be proud of where you're from, just because you're from there, but I love Los Angeles. This is IN Los Angeles. I like war movies. This is a war movie (kinda)! I like Marine movies! I have a strange crush on Michelle Rodriguez! I love explosions!

Yeah, ummm...ergh. This movie was bad. I really wanted to like it, but with convenient cliches (including 'we need to figure out how to kill the aliens.' 'I'm a veterinarian!', dude, you have a fucking Corpsman right there, I'm sure he can figure it out), the same, excuse the term, 'spots' as you're generic movie ('put the wounded on the chopper! *chopper explodes!*), and the worst dialogue (watch for Aaron Eckhart's big speech, where he slips into his version of 'The Batman Voice')...yeah, should have been a miss.

On the plus side, the trailers for Sucker Punch and Cowboys Vs Aliens (it's James Bond (as James Marsten) and Indiana Jones (as James Marsten) versus Aliens! What's not to love?) looked ok.

*sigh*

So disappointed.

Speaking of... I saw Rubber and good god. I've never seen such a terrible movie be as condescending as this. It's not even funny bad, it's just miserable to watch. Ugh.

That's on my to watch pile. River of Darkness starring Kurt Angle too.

I've gone insane.

Don't listen to DMN, he's lovely fellow, but he's wrong on this one. I watched Battle Los Angeles today and having heard horrible reviews of it, I had little hope left for it. It was great! Wonderful action film. I really liked all of it, I really don't know what anyone was expecting with this one, it's Independence Day from a soldiers view. I think anyone that doesn't go into it expecting some kind of masterpeice (it's a sci-fi film, anything above 'decent' should really be considered a blessing.) will enjoy it. Good action, fun characters (what you see of them, anyway) and a good experience. Probably could have lost about 10 minutes from it, but other than that I was entertained the whole way through. 7/10.

Buried

Holy fucking shit, I was not prepared for this movie to suck this badly. Good idea, creepy atmosphere and Reynolds was good, but the movie had absolutely no point and an incredibly weak payoff.

Date Movie Tina Fey, Steve Carell, cameos from Mila Kunis, James Franco and Mark Wahlberg, all very good and funny, not the best movie ever but worth a good laugh, and the outtakes over the credits are really funny, mainly as, you know, its Tina Fey.

That was Date Night. Date Movie makes me want to rip my own eyes out.

Watched Pandorum the other night an I thought it was pretty good. Some holes in the plot, but all in all a pretty good film from Instant Watch on NetFlix.

watched Diary of the Dead last night and what a horrible movie. George A Romero really has to be the most over rated producer out there. I respect that he made the genre and all but his films are terrible, and Diary of the Dead I believe is the worst of his films, behind Survival of the Dead. Grant it, the narrators dialogue was great but other than that there really aren't many other positives about this film. I was interested in the movie because of the idea of the use of a shaky cam in a zombie movie, but they totally underutilized it unfortunately.

and I just finished watching Southland Tales a few minutes ago. Awesome movie, it's by the same guy who made Donnie Darko and I guess the guy put all of his money he made off of the DD and put it all into this film and it shows. With a great cast that includes The Rock, Sean William Scott, Justin Timberlake, and other familiar faces. The story is excellent and the movie is just awesome to look at. I definitely recommended this movie.

and I just finished watching Southland Tales a few minutes ago. Awesome movie, it's by the same guy who made Donnie Darko and I guess the guy put all of his money he made off of the DD and put it all into this film and it shows. With a great cast that includes The Rock, Sean William Scott, Justin Timberlake, and other familiar faces. The story is excellent and the movie is just awesome to look at. I definitely recommended this movie.

Ugh. Why did you need to remind me of that convoluted piece of shit?

I'm the reverse. I liked Diary of the Dead. It was a fun zombie film.

Southland Tales was pretty much one of the worst things in the world ever. I love Sarah Michelle Gellar, I've erected a shrine in her honour out of the bodies of children and a variety of gum. As an actor, I like The Rock, he's fun to watch and films like Welcome to the Jungle are fun, mindless comedy/action films. I even enjoy Sean William Scott in some of his films, Role Models was great fun. I grew up on Buffy and Wrestling, this presented a chance for two of my all time favourite things about those two shows to come together.

So I have no idea how they made me hate that film so fucking much. It was the most pretentious, up it's own ass film I've ever seen.

But then it was made by the same guy that did Donnie Darko, so I have no idea how I went into it with even the smallest bit of hope that it might not suck.

I don't know I really liked it. It was my first time watching it after buying it at a Walgreens of all places for only 4 bucks. I wasn't really ever bored throughout the movie, I liked the plot, and the acting was good, and it was pretty funny IMO. I really can't really think of anything I didn't like about it, except Jon Lovitz.

Edited by hot rod