What Did You Watch Today?

BlackFlagg

The Runaways - pretty good! Decided to watch all the interesting-looking films from 2010 that I didn't get to see and started with this. Definitely feel old seeing Dakota Fanning in such a mature role though.

Take Me Home Tonight: I liked it, but then anything that reminds me of Vice City will do that. Awesome soundtrack. Just the right amount of rom in the rom-com aspect of it. And personally, I found the story somewhat relatable. Well, except for the 80s, the cocaine and the sex... <_<

Limitless: Again, I liked it, but the ending, perhaps even the whole second half of the film, seems rushed. The effect when he's on the drug is trippy/cool.

Case 39. Think of every cliché you can put into a 'child is evil/demon/possessed' film, which makes it generic, then add the often boring Renée Zellweger, you have one film not worth wasting your time on. Even Ian McShane can't make anything about this film anything beyond mediocre.

X-Files: I Want To Believe: I have two ratings for this film; 5/10 as an X-Files film and 6.5/10 if it was just a normal film. Having watching the entire series I'm remembering some of the episodes from there and comparing it and if it were an episode in the TV series it would fit in perfectly and would be very good. However like the other X-Files film it just felt like a glorified extended TV episode, which is a shame. Saying that I did enjoy it as simply a film as the plot was interesting and everyone played their parts well.

I watched X Men: First Class Today, and I thought it was amazing. It gives you a great insight on the characters and introduces some characters into the film that might have not been that well known in the comics. IMO it's been one of the best films i've seen this year. Might watch Green Lantern but if it's as bad as everyone seems to be saying it is I'll be gutted after being on such a high after watching X Men today.

Finally watched the Coen Brothers remake of True Grit today.

Absolutely loved it, annoyed I didn't make much of an effort to go see it at the cinemas earlier in the year though because I can only imagine how much better it would have been on the big screen.

Green Lantern - Yeah, it's pretty bad. And worst of all, it's so damn boring. My expectations were low and I still walked away hating almost everything about it. The CGI was pretty bad, especially for the costume. And Ryan Reynolds much like how I expected, didn't play a good Green Lantern, making a lame joke almost every scene. I really hated the movie. Basically, the romance side of the movie was way too cheesy to take seriously and everything else was pretty damn boring. I'd pass no matter how interested you are in it. Especially if you just saw First Class, it'll make this movie that much worse.

But, if you do see it for some ungodly reason, there is a scene after the credits to anybody interested. So they're probably making a second one.

Edited by hot rod

Green Lantern - Yeah, it's pretty bad. And worst of all, it's so damn boring. My expectations were low and I still walked away hating almost everything about it. The CGI was pretty bad, especially for the costume. And Ryan Reynolds much like how I expected, didn't play a good Green Lantern, making a lame joke almost every scene. I really hated the movie. Basically, the romance side of the movie was way too cheesy to take seriously and everything else was pretty damn boring. I'd pass no matter how interested you are in it. Especially if you just saw First Class, it'll make this movie that much worse.

But, if you do see it for some ungodly reason, there is a scene after the credits to anybody interested. So they're probably making a second one.

Out of curiosity could you list your top 3-5 movies of all time please?

...And the #1 favorite movie is!...

hot_rod_1.jpg

Wristcutters, 500 Days of Summer, and Zombieland.

Toy Story 3: Oh wow. The tears. The tears, so many tears. I didn't get around to seeing it in the cinema, and didn't want to do it the injustice of streaming it until caving today. But I'm glad I did. It's just wonderful. I spent the majority of the film smiling, and the rest of it with tears coming from my eyes. Just a perfect way to end the series and there is absolutely nothing I can fault for the entire duration. Except the fact that all text on the screen was in Greek and Spanish Buzz had Greek subtitles. <_< But I digress, absolutely perfect. Thrice as funny as The Hangover was.

And Mr. Tortilla Head is now my personal hero.

Edited by TheModernWay