What Did You Watch Today?

BlackFlagg

I actually have 127 Hours and Black Swan as well on the shelf waiting to be seen, expecting great things from both.

X-Men First Class It deserves all the praise i've seen it get, just seen it i would rank it the best Marvel comic book film, even ahead of X2. Seriously keep everyone else than Bryan Singer away from making X-Men films and they can make as many sequels as they want.

Edited by The Sandman

Hall Pass - 2/10 Pure shite. Didn't expect anything good, but was hoping it wouldn't be stupidly bad; but it was.

Limitless - 7.5/10 Really fun movie. Bradley Cooper has some real leading man potential which he showed off here. The story was fun, it was shot really nicely and I liked the style the director was going for. Good way to spend a couple of hours.

You really hated Hall Pass that much? I'm surprised by the awful rating it holds on Rotten Tomatoes as well. I laughed out loud a few good times and thought the movie was quite fun overall. Sure, it had its cliche moments - but what US comedy these days doesn't? Maybe I just need to grow up and stop thinking "juvenile" comedy is funny, but I really did like this one. Fake chow, the post-hot tub scene? How could anyone not find that shit funny.

Hall Pass - 7.5/10

The one with David Duchovny? Yeah, I actually rather enjoyed it until the ending where it turned into a melodramatic mess. Still, I'd watch it again if it popped up on TV.

I saw the final harry potter film on friday, great film and an overall good ending to the series, my favourite character in this one had to be Neville Longbottom he went from being the wimpy kid who didnt stand up for anything to being pure bad ass. Didnt care to much for the ending as it doesnt look like they age one bit.

Yeah I saw Harry Potter yesterday, thought it was awesome. I'm really impressed at how they've managed to keep the quality quite high for all of them - well now that I think of it I'm not sure I liked the second one much, but still. Seven pretty good films out of eight isn't bad.

I always liked the sillier aspects of Harry Potter when I read them, so the dark and gritty route hasn't ever really agreed with me. Yet to see the latest two (maybe latest three), but I did like most of the ones I've seen. I actually thought the second one was the best!

For me, being an absolute Harry Potter fanatic, I've never been in complete agreement with every change they've made, though I do understand why some of them are necessary. I got the feeling that Yates was trying to make the last two (both Deathly Hallows) a little TOO gritty, like he was trying to be super artsy or something with it, instead of just being a smash-out summer blockbuster. Plus it's probably my least or second least book anyway, and now probably my second or so least favorite movie(s).

Also, just started the first season of Breaking Bad. Watched episode 1 and 2. I'm assuming it gets like even more awesome than it is now?

Saw an advanced showing of Horrible Bosses tonight.

Absolutely loved it. Favourite comedy of the year (although I've not really seen any great ones).

I must echo the love for this movie as well. I have seen it three times already and I have had an equally fun time watching it all three viewings. The new Harry Potter wasn't too shabby either.