What Did You Watch Today?

BlackFlagg

Well, shit, I didn't know it when I went into the theatre hall, but I watched the Rise of Planet of the Apes today. Wasn't terrible, definitely better than the Wahlberg one, but still, I couldn't get over it being a bunch of apes being clever and monkey-ing about.

Also watched Freedom Writers today, wonderful show, and then just finished watching the Golden Compass on local TV. Still sad they didn't continue with that.

I also saw Rise of the Planet of the Apes and well it wasn't really that bad at all. I was pretty satisfied with it, even though I wasn't looking forward to it all that much.

And there was a trailer to this movie called In Time which looked pretty awesome.

I also saw Rise of the Planet of the Apes and well it wasn't really that bad at all. I was pretty satisfied with it, even though I wasn't looking forward to it all that much.

And there was a trailer to this movie called In Time which looked pretty awesome.

how ya manage to watch that? If it was on the internet somehow, i'd love to gain a link to it. Looks phenominal in the previews being shown

Brick

What the fuck did I just watch? It was like an indie drama/dark comedy with the Hardy Boys and Nancy Drew as the dead girl. I don't know if I liked this one.

Date Night

Watching it as I type this. Purely for Tina Fey, since I'm on my second kick of 30 Rock. It's alright, I guess. Only 20 minutes in.

I couldn't get into Brick and turned it off after like an hour... it's not something I normally do at all but I guess I just wasn't in the mood to watch it. I'll probably give it a go again some other time since I usually love that kind of shit.

Oh, and I saw Captain America last week. Pretty awesome and I was really impressed with Chris Evans, has to be said.

Super 8 - Brilliant film, don't care if people are comparing it to ET it's such a great film. So far it's my favourite film of the summer and I saw and loved both X-Men and Thor.

Mystery Science Theater 3000. Constantly.

Same here, but you knew that.

Cool thing: I'm currently working a M-F 9-5 8 week temp gig at a bank's corporate offices. Most of the time I'm at a cubicle doing data entry. To help keep things interesting in such a sterile, boring environment, I have taken to plugging headphones into the computer and letting full length MST3K episodes on YouTube play in the background while I do boring grown-up things in Access and so forth. Just today I listened to Mitchell, The Final Sacrifice, and Touch of Satan. I've listened to roughly 20 episodes in the past week.

Watched the original King Kong today. It was alright. Someone told me that they felt no sympathy for Kong by the end of the film due to the limited effects etc. and I was in agreement with him until the Empire State Building scene where I felt empathy for Kong.

It's defenitely a movie everyone should watch at least once, even if some of the effects are laughable at points.

I just watched Paper Man. It was brilliant. It was funny at times, i think it's supposed to be a comedy but it ended up being quite dark. All of the main cast were really good: Jeff Daniels, Emma Stone and Ryan Reynolds.

Here's a trailer if anyone wants to check it out.

Edited by The Sandman