What Did You Watch Today?

BlackFlagg

Just rewatched a few episodes of Kenny vs. Spenny on netflix. hilarious, why is this show not on the air anymore.

Also, the movie Holy Rollers is really good and thats on netflix. I'd highly suggest it, 7/10.

Seriously, Kenny Vs. Spenny is one of the funniest shows I've ever seen. Absolutely brilliant.

Just rewatched a few episodes of Kenny vs. Spenny on netflix. hilarious, why is this show not on the air anymore.

Also, the movie Holy Rollers is really good and thats on netflix. I'd highly suggest it, 7/10.

Seriously, Kenny Vs. Spenny is one of the funniest shows I've ever seen. Absolutely brilliant.

I would have to agree. I was hoping to fall asleep after a couple episodes, but ended up watching the entire season. I stopped watching after the middle of season 5, I don't know if comedy central stopped showing it or what, but I guess they've been making episodes up until last year. I'm hoping to find them online, but out of the ones I've seen the one being tied to a goat the longest is just absolutely hilarious. But my favorite one would have to be wearing a guerrilla costume the longest. Not sure if that was the actual competition but the line from Kenny where he claimed that before the airing Spenny was calling the compeition "who could dress up as Danny Glover the longest" or something to that degree. hilarious. What's you're favorite episode?

There's so many hysterical episodes. I love the gorilla costume and the goat episodes. I can't pick just one favorite.

Some of my favorites are more women, better boxer, more semen, drink more beer, imitate the other guy, first to get a stain, obese, and crime. Those are probably my favorite episodes out of everything they've done.

Every episode they've made has something uniquely funny about them. I was really upset when they took it off the air.

Grave Encounters

Great, intense "found footage" movie. A little hokey at parts, but at least they tried something different than just "Paranormal Activity in an insane asylum." They did an awesome job capturing the douchebaggery of ghost hunting reality shows as well.

Quarantine 2: The Terminal

Utterly pointless and a complete waste of time. They at least tried to connect it to the original, but the payoff is weak and they give away the "twist" within five minutes and if you couldn't possibly see it coming after that, they spell it out in bright neon lights at least three more times before it happens. Even calling it a "twist" is generous and the ending is extra lame. The scares are practically non-existent and the lack of the shaky-cam kills the intensity that made Quarantine and [Rec] enjoyable.

Grave Encounters

Great, intense "found footage" movie. A little hokey at parts, but at least they tried something different than just "Paranormal Activity in an insane asylum." They did an awesome job capturing the douchebaggery of ghost hunting reality shows as well.

Utterly pointless and a complete waste of time. They at least tried to connect it to the original, but the payoff is weak and they give away the "twist" within five minutes and if you couldn't possibly see it coming after that, they spell it out in bright neon lights at least three more times before it happens. Even calling it a "twist" is generous and the ending is extra lame. The scares are practically non-existent and the lack of the shaky-cam kills the intensity that made Quarantine and [Rec] enjoyable.

Did you buy Grave Encounters or see it somewhere else?

Grave Encounters

Rented it on Xbox Live.

Also watched another movie last night:

Lake Mungo

Watched this on a whim, knowing nothing about it besides its Netflix description and decided to watch because the runtime was short... wound up being one of the most original, genuinely terrifying movies I've seen in my life. The "BOO!" scares are kept to a minimum (maybe one in the entire movie), not a drop of blood is spilled and there are no screaming twenty-somethings, but it is incredibly unsettling and downright brilliant. It's on Netflix Instant, you need to see it.

Grave Encounters

Rented it on Xbox Live.

Also watched another movie last night:

Lake Mungo

Watched this on a whim, knowing nothing about it besides its Netflix description and decided to watch because the runtime was short... wound up being one of the most original, genuinely terrifying movies I've seen in my life. The "BOO!" scares are kept to a minimum (maybe one in the entire movie), not a drop of blood is spilled and there are no screaming twenty-somethings, but it is incredibly unsettling and downright brilliant. It's on Netflix Instant, you need to see it.

I really need Netflix to watch these films I would not normally see. I saw the trailer for Grave Encounters and found it interesting, will have to pick up though. Is Lake Mungo like "found-footage"?

Lake Mungo is done documentary-style. There are some found footage elements, but they're all a part of the "documentary," that's what makes it so unique and unsettling. Not to give too much away, but the people who the movie revolves around are talking to the camera the entire time, so you know they won't experience the typical horror plot, and the movie has to come up with a different way to scare you. It's very smart.

Continued my horror weekend with:

Paranormal Activity 1 & 2

First time I've watched them since seeing them in the theater. They still pack a hell of a punch, but both films have lingered in my brain after one viewing, hopefully repeated viewings will allow me to fall asleep at 3am when it's far too quiet in my city apartment.

In the Mouth of Madness

Carpenter does cheesy 90s horror well, I can't believe I'd never seen this movie before today. Schlocky, but fun and a little ahead of its time at parts.

Monsters

Disappointing. Not a bad film, but not the spiritual successor to District 9 that I was expecting.

My girlfriend, her best friend and my roommate ran through a couple of disturbing movies last night. Ichi the Killer, which I've seen many times before, and gets better and better after each viewing, The Girl Next Door, not to be confused with the Elisha Cuthbert movie of the same name, which was all kinds of fucked up, with some incest rape gangbangs thrown in there for good measure.

the-champagne-club.jpg?w=210&h=270

But I think this movie takes the cake, and ranks up there with Antichrist as one of the most twisted movies I've ever watched. It's pure camp and indie B-sleeze, but it still takes itself as a serious movie, not just totally intent in relying on shock tactics (well, almost). The last to final scene is pretty graphic, masturbating with a broken bottle of champagne.

All of these are on Netflix instant streaming if you're curious.

Contagion - Saw it today and I really liked it. Then again I am a sucker for a good ol' fashioned virus wipes out the planet, post apocalypse movie. And this was a really interesting and original take on the genre. It literally got right into the story from the first second and from there just got more compelling, but it was so compelling I kind of got wrapped up and didn't expect the ending so soon. So I am not really sure about the ending yet, I'd have to see it again but the first hour and forty minutes before were great.

Almost Famous

Another film i've found here in EWB as few of you were praising it a few months ago. I bought a extended cut edition a while ago which was supposedly 30 minutes longer and finally got to watching it and whoever it was that talked about it wasn't wrong, it was brilliant. Lots of actors i'm familiar these days, but just ten years before. It had a very good story and quite possibly became one of my favourites.

Edited by The Sandman