What Did You Watch Today?

BlackFlagg

Monster Squad

"The Wolfman has nards?!" I haven't watched this movie in a long, long time, but it's just as awesome as it was when I was five. Now with an extra layer of delicious 80s nostalgia.

Stigmata

Fun fact: this was one of the first DVDs I ever bought. Though I'm not exactly sure why... it's not a bad movie, just doesn't hold up as well as it did when I was 16.

Just went to watch Jonnie English, didn't think it would be good, proved wrong.

Really?

Also, watched the 1966 Batman last night. Fuck, that is one awesome terrible movie.

I can't tell which is the best movie line ever. Either:

"Their minimum objective must be... the entire world..."

OR

"Sometimes you just can't get rid of a bomb!"

OR

"The drinking dispenser is clearly marked."

Was it, really? I never knew that, though I did suspect a bit that it was weird that they let Batman run the fuck around everywhere trying to throw the bomb into a safe location.

Which, by the way, should be more of what Johnny English had, 'cause that movie was a real letdown.

Was it, really? I never knew that, though I did suspect a bit that it was weird that they let Batman run the fuck around everywhere trying to throw the bomb into a safe location.

Which, by the way, should be more of what Johnny English had, 'cause that movie was a real letdown.

"Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb!" should've been enough of a tip-off. You also should've been clued in by Batman and Robin surviving a helicopter crash by crashing into a foam rubber convention. You also should've been clued in by the Penguin pretending to be the Admiral and Batman and Robin playing along. You also should've been clued in by the Bat Shark Repellant Spray. And everything else in the movie, frankly.

Frankly, this right here is the greatest scene in the entire history of cinema, and I'm only half-joking.

"But wait! It happened at sea! Sea... C for Catwoman!"

Yeah, it honestly amazes be when people try and mock the '66 Batman movie, or the TV series, for being camp and dated, as if it was intended to be taken deadly seriously. It's actually one of the most brilliant, ahead of its time comedies ever written, and it's insane that people don't recognise it as such. Half the jokes in the '66 Batman movie, if they had been recycled in an Airplane-style Leslie Nielsen vehicle, would have been rightly applauded as comedy gold.

My favourite thing in that entire movie - more than the bomb, more than Shark Repellant, more than the shark inexplicably exploding - is how literally everything in the Bat-Cave is labelled.

• Like 2

I wanna go back and watch the series now. I wonder if that's on Netflix, hm.

One of my favourite things from the series was the bat-climb cameos. I think my favourite was either Lurch or Colonel Klink.

My favourite thing in that entire movie - more than the bomb, more than Shark Repellant, more than the shark inexplicably exploding - is how literally everything in the Bat-Cave is labelled.

I picture Alfred walking around to every single little station, meticulously punching away at a labelmaker.

Also, the rest of the Riddle-Er's actual riddles are great. "Somebody wants a Russian person to slip on a banana peel and break her neck!" "Exactly, Robin! The only possible solution!"

• Like 1

From the series, the single greatest moment is, when confronted by Mr. Freeze, Robin proudly proclaims that he is wearing his "thermal Bat-skivvies".