What Did You Watch Today?

BlackFlagg

Also, there is this one shot of a car falling down a cliff and it has some of the worst CGI I have seen since the old giant monster movies.

Old giant monster movies aren't CGI. They're stop-motion...

In Time wasn't very good? Boo!

Hot rod isn't exactly the best barometer for movie taste. I'd say watch it for yourself.

• Like 2

Also, there is this one shot of a car falling down a cliff and it has some of the worst CGI I have seen since the old giant monster movies.

Old giant monster movies aren't CGI. They're stop-motion...

Yeah, I worded it wrong, my apologies. But yeah I hope you got what I was trying to say. You can check out In Time, and most likely be disappointed. Wait to rent it if you want to see it. It's not worth 10 bucks.

I watched the The Thing this afternoon. The original one that is. It's pretty darn good. I like paranoia and the ending. And considering it was made in 1982 - at least that's the date of the story - The Thing looks pretty gruesome still.

I could've picked a better time to watch it though: I decided to watch it at 1pm whilst in bed just after I got home from work with the sunshine coming through the windows. <_<

I just started watching Below the Belt.

It's a 1980's movie about women's wrestling. So 10 minutes in, I know this much: a) it's likely far less goofy than Bodyslam, b) yet it somehow features voices from The Firesign Theatre, and c) it does treat wrestling as a legitimate sport. I don't know my female wrestlers very well, but I have heard Mae Young and The Fabulous Moolah name-dropped. Not sure if any wrestlers are actually in it.

I get the sense Millie Burke was a real life wrestler. She's in this.

So far, my favorite thing is that this movie is unyieldingly out of 1980.

EDIT 1: Nevermind what I said about it treating wrestling as legit. Also? It's taken a fairly dramatic turn. Definitely far from the same category as Bodyslam, No Holds Barred, etc.

EDIT 2: Just finished. There were some very brief appearances from Lou Albano, Grand Wizard, Bruno Sammartino, and others. The soundtrack is so wonderfully 1980 and so . . . literal. It comes just shy of describing the action, shot for shot. Overall, if you really dig the aesthetic of a seedy 1980 movie or wrestling movies of all description then this is worth a watch. You might not care for more than just one watch, though.

Yeah, I also liked In Time. It's not a game changer, and some of it at times is poor executed, but on the whole I thought it was a very enjoyable flick and has some really nice ideas. The premise is quite interesting and the whole cast, especially Cillian Murphey put in good performances. I probably enjoyed it more because I'm a fan of a few of the cast members, CM being one of my favourite actors. Also nice to see Matt Bomer cropping up in a movie, was always impressed with him in Chuck.

Watching Teachers halfway through the Walking Dead season is a right mindfuck. Although TWD could do with more Belle & Sebastian and Teenage Fanclub on the soundtrack. A bullet to James Cordens head wouldn't go amiss either.

In Time

I thought it was really fuckin' good. A solid 8. Cast were all good, loved the story setting. Really, really loved the story setting.

Yeah, I also liked In Time. It's not a game changer, and some of it at times is poor executed, but on the whole I thought it was a very enjoyable flick and has some really nice ideas. The premise is quite interesting and the whole cast, especially Cillian Murphey put in good performances. I probably enjoyed it more because I'm a fan of a few of the cast members, CM being one of my favourite actors. Also nice to see Matt Bomer cropping up in a movie, was always impressed with him in Chuck.

YAY!

I enjoyed the story as well the only thing I didn't enjoy was the action. I just didn't think the action was very exciting and hoping they'd just get back to developing the story. I don't know, maybe I'll have to give it a second chance, since I wasn't really expecting it to be a chase/action movie going in.

I was really hoping they'd let us know how the world got to the way it did.

Edited by hot rod

Oh, I'm glad they didn't let us know - because that would've probably taken up a chunk of the movie, plus I can't imagine that there really is a great explanation. I feel they gave us the two bits of information we needed so that we could enjoy the story. I actually quite like that they didn't waste time explaining how it happened - they just went straight into it.

Planet of the Apes is a pretty good example of that. It doesn't matter that it's not explained how the world got like that (or, well, before this year it wasn't explained >_>), it just is. Spending an extra twenty minutes after the ending explaining what happened would have been a terrible way to go out.