What Did You Watch Today?

BlackFlagg

Watch Drive. You won't regret it.

If you do regret it, you're wrong.

Is it good? I thought it was just going to be Transporter without Jason Statham.

Edit: But then again, I LOVED Transporter.

Nothing like Transporter.

Last few films I've seen:

Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy - 9/10: Excellent film full of great acting and suspense. The only downside is, obviously being less wordy than the book, it can be hard to follow at times.

Warrior - 6/10: Another in the long line of Tom Hardy films, Warrior has some really good acting performances from its three main characters; Hardy, Joel Edgberton and Nick Nolte. Sadly, the plot is pretty fantastical and the fight scenes are unrealistic in parts, which was a big deal to me as an MMA fan. I was also a bit disappointed with their representation of the sport in general. Plus, Kurt Angle as the unstoppable Russian Fedor-esque character = :lol:

Crazy, Stupid, Love - 7/10: Didn't know if I'd enjoy this going in, seeing as I'm not a massive fan of anyone in it, but it had some good laughs and was entertaining throughout. Ryan Gosling in particular impressed me.

Jurassic Park - 10/10: Caught the re-release yesterday and loved it all over again. The graphics still hold out today for the most part and I couldn't wait for all hell to break loose in the park. Simply put, there's a reason people don't try dinosaur movies that often...and the reason is because this film was awesome and nailed it completely.

Inbetweeners Movie - 8/10: Better than I thought actually. Minute for minute it probably has fewer and smaller laughs than a TV episode, but I enjoyed it. As with the regular series, I found the side jokes much funnier than the 'set pieces' if you like. Hopefully they'll do another as I didn't feel this had the closure it should have.

Going to see next in October: Drive, Real Steel, Paranormal Activity 3, The Debt, Red State, Three Musketeers and Johnny English off the top of my head. Hopefully Lion King, Tyrannosaur and Don't Be Afraid of the Dark, but my cinemas pretty useless unless they're major films.

Oh yeah, and Tintin.

Edited by ferencpuskas

The Social Network

I put off watching this for ages - so much so, I had it recorded on my V+ box, then LOVEFiLM sent it to me on rental (didn't realise I hadn't taken it off my list), so I decided today was the day I'd sit down and give it a go. And it was fun from start to finish. Jesse Eisenberg played the role perfectly, and some of the lines he came out with against the lawyers were just brilliant.

Drive - 8/10 Enjoyed it, but at the same time it really surprised me with the direction it took. I knew very little about it going in, other than he's a stunt driver/getaway driver and it's called Drive, so it kinda surprised of me that there wasn't much driving based action in it. But yeah, I preferred what I got to what I thought I would get. Some really brutal moments aswell that took me by surprise.

I'm a bit disappointed to see that some of the smaller name films coming out won't be getting a release at my cinema. Must be disappointing for lesser name studios when they refuse to show your film for even a week when they're still screening Harry Potter three times a day.

Edited by ferencpuskas