What Did You Watch Today?

BlackFlagg

I watched Resident Evil: Extinction. I was hoping it would be good (being an avid zombie film lover) but disappointing. It is cool that they finally introduce Chris Redfield I suppose but I really really miss they just did a film from his point of view and went with it rather than all this psychic powers mess.

I saw The Green Hornet yesterday and wow and damn that was a shitload of fun. 8.5/10

I expected nothing really and was amazed at how funny and action packed it was. What a super fun little movie. I can't recommend it enough.

• Like 1

Saw The Green Hornet as well. I thought it was actually funny in some parts with plenty of action, but seeing as I went in with extremely low expectations, I probably liked it just because it passed them. If you don't really care about seeing it right now, I'd say rent it.

Also, did Kato have trouble speaking English or what? I'm sure he'll get better over the years though.

I just saw The Green Hornet too. I too went in with pretty low expectations, and I liked it. Not even really in a "hey, this is bad but not as bad as I thought, awesome" kinda way - I'd class it as a solid, fun film. The dialogue at the start was awful and sounded like a story book but it got better. I'd give it a 7/10.

The Green Hornet - 7/10 It was a lot of fun and I found some bit really, really funny. The guy who played Kaito was wonderful, as were Rogan and Waltz. However, I felt there were some really dumb scenes in the movie and sometimes, it just felt lazy. But I loved the dynamic of the hero basically being the sidekick. Nothing groundbreaking, but a good way to spend two hours.

I'm considering going to watch Green Hornet tonight, but I also picked up Leaves of Grass on DVD yesterday, and want to watch that one.

I'm a big fan of Edward Norton and his work. And considering he has the 2 main roles in this movie, could pay off.

Anyone seen this one yet?

My Soul To Take - 4/10

There were so many poor reviews for this movie and I ignored them expecting them to be bollocks like a lot of poor reviews are. Turns out this is a rare case of me agreeing with those reviews. What the hell is this Craven? Seriously awful movie. I'm in shock I just sat through over an hour and a half of this. I don't think it really had one good thing about it, shocking.

Takers 6.5/10

Decent flick, could have been much better if they had better actors than Paul Walker and Hayden Christensen. Also, TI just comes off as hilarious, instead of intimidating.

Defendor

Very solid Movie. What Watchmen and Kick-Ass did not/could not do because they were bount to their source material but had to change it to squeze it into a movie and make it work for a Mainstreame Audiance (sadly i though both storys lost their meaning cause of that) this movie pulls of. The acting is very good, and the fact that it is an original story that only takes some inspiration from the named comics realy helps a great deal. The only real downer is that the music is very cheap at times, i think this might even be an artistic decision but it just could have had a bit more "real" to it.

It´s very sad that this thing seemes to have endet up straight to DVD only. If you like superheros you might like this very much. Woody Harrelson is great.

Edited by Michael Matzat on a Plane

Easy A

Emma Stone is fantastic and the movie's a great teen comedy that doesn't fall into the usual clichés. Thumbs up.

The Runaways

Jesus Christ, Kristen Stewart is fucking phenomenal, can't wait until this Twilight shit is over so she can do real movies more often. Dakota Fanning was amazing as well, but I felt pretty dirty watching her run around in her underwear for an hour.

Easy A

Emma Stone is fantastic and the movie's a great teen comedy that doesn't fall into the usual clichés. Thumbs up.

The Runaways

Jesus Christ, Kristen Stewart is fucking phenomenal, can't wait until this Twilight shit is over so she can do real movies more often. Dakota Fanning was amazing as well, but I felt pretty dirty watching her run around in her underwear for an hour.

Reminds me of watching Californication and Duchovny fucking little Grace from The Nanny.

Just watched the cycling movie "Chasing Legends" which followed the HTC-Columbia team at the 2009 Tour de France. Beautiful scenery and some great coverage. I own and enjoy Hollentour (T-Mobile team) and Overcoming (CSC team) both from the early 2000s but Chasing Legends is the best, probably because the HTC team had great chemistry together and did everything with their hearts on their sleeves.

Also getting Liggett and Sherwin to narrate throughout was a good idea as they're the voices of English language cycling commentary.