What Did You Watch Today?

BlackFlagg

The Departed - 9/10

DiCaprio has another stunning performance. Just an overall brilliant film with a pretty damn great and quite unexpected ending. I've just got one question, did I miss something or was it never explained what Billy put in the brown envelope for Madolyn? Either way, brilliant.

Yes, it's the cd she listens to that incriminates Matt Damon.

I thought that DiCaprio sent the CD to Damon and Madolyn comes across it somehow. I'm not sure that we see what is in the envelope DiCaprio gives to Madolyn, but we can assume it proves who DiCaprio is.

Exactly that. The CD was a different package that he sent. I swear the last time the brown envelope is seen is with Madolyn writing on it and putting it into a draw. I kind of guessed it was just him explaining everything, but just found it weird that it wasn't even mentioned.

Just finished watching Invictus, a film I have wanted to watch for a long time. And it was well worth it. It had this very epic and important feel to it, Clint Eastwood really has done a very good job in directing it. It just had this beyond cinema feel to it and it really surpassed boundaries unlike many other movies who have attempted the same. One could perhaps pass it as a bit dull on some ends but Invictus isn't supposed to be exciting, it is supposed to be important. I loved how subtle it was, I loved how it did not go overboard and yet still managed to get a strong message across, a message that is still very important today.

I saw The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo last night. I thought it was a fantastic movie. Though I couldn't help feel that my experience would've been improved if my dad had let us watch it with subtitles and not being dubbed over. All in all, still a really great film. But yeah, could've done with subbing instead.

Salt. I liked it. It was kind of telegraphed, but then that actor always seems to be in that role in each film (I don't know his name). It was a bit silly in places, but nowhere in the range of Expendables. Jolie kicks a lot of ass in this. I'd recommend it. 7.5/10

EDIT: no, no tits.

Edited by TheModernWay

BUT DOES SHE GET HER TITS OUT!?

Shutter Island

A good film, but it dragged on a bit, I must say. It seemed to start off slow, picked up, slowed down, then picked up again towards the end. Not what I need when I'm sat down watching a movie for over two hours.

Kick Ass

Freaking awesome movie. I came into it expecting Hit Girl to swear like a sailor, but she only swore about 5 times. Was still a very good movie, and can't wait for the sequel now :)

Machete was just so much fun. It was over the top, like Planet Terror, and it was just fast-paced and full of gore. I had so much fun watching it, and I think I enjoyed it more then The Expendables. It's just a fun movie.

I watched Human Centipede last night. That was easily one of the most disturbing films I have seen in a while.

See, that's what I had hoped I would think of the movie. Instead, I laughed at it. I laughed hard at it. The two broads deserved it, they were so unlikeable. :/