What Did You Watch Today?

BlackFlagg

I recommend watching Black Dynamite every three months. It stays awesome and the time period is just enough to not get too much of a "watching too much" feeling. And because pretty simply, everything's on fire here and it holds up with multiple viewings.

I recommend watching Black Dynamite every three months. It stays awesome and the time period is just enough to not get too much of a "watching too much" feeling. And because pretty simply, everything's on fire here and it holds up with multiple viewings.

The scene where they figure out the whole plan with the malt liquor is amazing.

Repo Men - 7.5/10 - I always like when a movie has the balls to give its audience the finger and say no, you are not getting a happy ending. Good guys shouldn't always win, what's the fun in that?

The Departed - 10/10 Just awesome. The performances are so top notch. The story is excellent and is the directing. A really fantastic film in my eyes. DiCaprio and Damon are awesome. And Mark Whalberg is priceless in this. If for some reason you haven't watched this - do so. Now.

The Dark Half - 7/10 - It's directed by George A. Romero, but I found it to be pretty similar to most of Stephen King's film adaptations. There is something weird going on and there's some sort of connection that is never explained in the movie (sparrows? telekinesis?). Expect a cross between The Secret Window and The Dead Zone. It's worth a watch for King fans and I loved Timothy Hutton's performance.

Shutter Island. What a mind fuck. It's a great movie, but I think it's going to need repeat viewings to understand what the fuck is going on. De Caprio is fantastic, and so is Ruffalo. Both awesome actors, it's funny, I used to loathe De Caprio but he's turned into one hell of an actor. Really good stuff.

Youth In Revolt

It was alright, nothing special. Stand-out moment was when the character playing Michael Cera's father in law decided to take them on holiday because he'd sold a dodgy car and they'd brought it back, looking for him. When they returned from vacation and it wasn't outside, he was all "see, damn sailors - all talk," only to open the front door and see the car parked in their living room - I lol'd. :shifty:

The Departed - 10/10 Just awesome. The performances are so top notch. The story is excellent and is the directing. A really fantastic film in my eyes. DiCaprio and Damon are awesome. And Mark Whalberg is priceless in this. If for some reason you haven't watched this - do so. Now.

Just watched this last week thanks to Lovefilm, you're rating it too low I think.

Also, Knight and Day.. 9/10

Tom Cruise being funny? DAMN!

Blow - 6.5/10

Basically, criminal biopic film by numbers. It hits every single beat well, it's well-acted since it has pretty much a cast of great character actors/actresses (Johnny Depp, Ray Liotta, Franka Potente, Paul Reubens, Ethan Suplee, Cliff Curtis in a role reminding me what a good actor he is when not in The Last Airbender, and I guess Penelope Cruz did a good job playing a two-dimensional stereotype since that was what was written for her) but even still it just has this feeling of "well, I've seen that before." It's really just a Goodfellas for drug trafficking except with the whole morality pet thing of "I have a daughter" to differentiate it a little bit (Henry Hill did too but his family was never really treated like any sort of thing that made him want to become a better person).

Just watched this last week thanks to Lovefilm, you're rating it too low I think.

Also, Knight and Day.. 9/10

Tom Cruise being funny? DAMN!

I have no idea how you calibrate your ratings scale. None.

Zombieland. Fine film, but the cameo sequence could be the most glorious five minutes of acknowledgement and awesome hilarity in film history.

Because I want to get high and play Ghostbusters with Bill Murray in his fucking badass mansion while he is dressed in ridiculous zombie garb. Fucking wonderful.

Also, "I shot Bill Murray."