What Did You Watch Today?

BlackFlagg

Watched Sunshine again last night. Now I've watched it once at the cinema, twice on DVD, once on UMD and now once on Blu-Ray (with lovely sound system).

Every time I watch it Pinbacker's presence makes more sense. It's a great movie and has some iconic images along with a stunning soundtrack. It's perfect for me cos it's Danny Boyle directing, Alex Garland writing, John Murphy and Underworld composing and Cillian Murphy starring.

B000Y7U98W-031.jpg

KANEDA?! WHAT DO YOU SEE?

It's alright. It's nothing spectacular; but it's better than what the critics are saying. Cruise and Diaz make for a good on-screen duo and they do have some serious chemistry - which is basically what the movie depends on. Paul Dano is good, too. It's a fun movie. But I don't know how anyone could give it a 10.

So far today I've watched Brooklyns Finest & Tekken. I thought both were decent but not really worthy of a high recommendation.

Contemplating watching Repo Men or Clash of the Titans tonight. Probably the Latter.

Just got back from watching The Expendables. Holy god damn motherfucking christ on a horse made of pogosticks, that was brutally and fantasicly awesome. I swear, women got pregnant in that cinema and nine months from now alot of boys will be born with beards, aviator glasses and a big fuck off Cuban cigar. The Expendables totally lived up to the hype; I mean, the acting wasn't great, the story wasn't groundbreaking but holy ass, the feel of the movie alone makes The Expendables my favorite movie of the year. Fuck Inception (well, not fuck Inception, it was really good but you know what I mean), The Expendables is a purée of everything manly and awesome crunched into a cannonball that will be shot directly into your face. Go watch it, right now!

Wow. The Expendables is just so much kick ass. I feel like I've taken steroids I am so pumped from watching it. Terry Crews with the automatic shotgun stole the show for me. I want to go and see that movie again and again.

I've always said that while I loved every minute, it could have done with like 15, 30 minutes less. Maybe because the only time I've watched it was at like 2am. Despite how much I love it, it's not really a film you watch back again and again.

Scott Pilgrim vs The World was so much god damn fun, seriously. I was debating what number to give it and gave myself some time to think about it. I think it deserves a 9/10 on pure entertainment value, lots of really funny moments, and some of the best editing to date. The last 20 minutes kinda fell a little, but it still really felt like something big.

Tonight I go get in touch with my manly side when I see The Expendables.

Scott Pilgrim vs. The World - 8.5/10

Apparently people dislike the end? Because honestly I thought it was a fantastic twist on things, but I'm saying that from the perspective of someone who has read the entire comic. Movie was great. I honestly wish it were a little longer so the Roxy Richter stuff could have gotten more development (I don't care so much that the Katayanagi Twins were reduced to like a two minute scene because they're really the least interesting Evil Exes even when they get an entire volume to themselves). Honestly, and I don't care how much heresy it is, I enjoyed this movie every bit as much if not more than I did Inception, just for drastically different reasons and types of enjoyment. Probably ending up #2 on my top 10 of 2010, unless the Coens' True Grit remake lives up to my hopes for it.