You folks who work in Game, Gamestation etc

9 to 5

Get a Cube instead - they're the best deal! £34.99 for the console plus two games in the 2 for £20 section or four games from the 4 for £20 section! That means the console + pad is costing you just £14.99!

XBox is £44.99 with 4 games from the 4 for £10, or £49.99 with £20 deal games.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Zeokage
Get a Cube instead - they're the best deal! £34.99 for the console plus two games in the 2 for £20 section or four games from the 4 for £20 section! That means the console + pad is costing you just £14.99!

XBox is £44.99 with 4 games from the 4 for £10, or £49.99 with £20 deal games.

Guest Zeokage

Really? The old DS is £64.99 last I heard, so if they're doing a comparable deal where you get 2 pre-owned games for an additional £10 that's a good deal.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh, if ever your 360 dies and you take it back to Gamestation to replace it, don't call the sales assistant a liar and say he didn't warn you about putting it up on it's end when he did. Then don't be surprised when he argues back at you and raises his voice declaring that he did do those things.

Also, don't whinge about us taking the discs out of the cases and putting them in bags in drawers or ask to check brand new discs yourself for scratches. It doesn't endear you to the staff who won't then go out of their way to make sure you get the best possible deal.

And yes, I had a foul day.

Edited by ChrisSteeleAteMyHamster

Oh and also don't even BOTHER demanding that you want a preowned game with a PERFECT disc. THEY'RE CHEAPER FOR A REASON! PRE-OWNED MEANS OWNED BEFORE! I only take in games that I'd be happy paying for and I have hig henough standards, everyone else in store is the same. There WILL be scuffs and yes you should moan if we give you a badly scratched disc, but for the price you're paying DON'T EXPECT PERFECTION. If you want completely scratch free, then fork out for new like everyone else.

Come on now, we both know that the customer is always right!

That's a myth.

Also had someone come in, stickers on their games "Hi, I bought these last week, I wasn't given a receipt but they're not working can I get them replaced?"

"Sure, what day did you buy them? I can check on our computer which lists EVERY SINGLE SALE we've made since we've opened."

"Oh, erm, Tuesday, Wedneday or Thursday...."

Of course, there was no purchase there. Cheeky chancer.

Also, if a game scans through at a higher price than the sticker we're under NO obligation to sell it at the price it's stickered - people always come in and swap stickers over.

Nothing beats the story about the guy in America putting a HDTV through one of the self scan checkouts with a price tag of about $5. Hmmmmm :shifty:

Anyway, that true about not putting 360's on their end? Might try putting mine flat this time around, hopefully it'll have the second heatsink too. Depends if I have the space with my new TV.

I've never worked in a Games store but I assume you come up against this sort of thing in any retail job (I worked at Morrisons).

However, I did witness a chav and a few cronies coming into Gamestation and trying to get a 'refund' on their X-box. Which had no receipt, was noticably worn out and had a box that was almost in pieces.

After about 20 minutes of arguing with the poor young girl on the counter they stormed out and one of the idiots mule kicked a stand sending about 200 games flying all over the place. Idiots.

I have bought a few second-hand games from ebay and despite being scratched (as some people do tend to embellish the quality in their descriptions) they've all been fine. I don't think I'd ever buy a second-hand console. Although I was once extremely tempted by Dreamcast + Shenmue + Shenmue 2 for £30.

That was a good deal, we sell Shenmue II on it's own for £19.99.

Yeah, putting 360s on their end can tend to lead to those nasty disc laser burns. Also as the disc isn't properly supported, nor the laser, when on end you get all sorts of problems. Similar to the PS2 really - on end really shortens its' life.

Hmmm, like I said, might let it lay flat this time. I've never really heard much of that before though TBH, on Game Central they were asked what the best way to have it was and they said there wasn't really a problem with either.

I don't ever want to trade in my Sega Saturn, one day I'll dust it off and buy some new games for it instead of the shit I currently have. Hope so anyways. If not I'll buy another console on the cheap and some games.

Also I love when people put stuff back where ever they want, regardless of what shop. Like a convenience store when people pick something up, walk about, realise they don't want it so just put it down with some other stuff. As if it will then magically get up and crawl back to where it was.