MMA News and Discussion Thread

Guest Mr. Potato Head

Weekend winners include Lyle Beerbohm, Joachim Hansen, Thales Leites, Daniel Acacio (over David Bielkheden), and JJ Ambrose. Meanwhile, Sean Salmon lost to somebody named Assan Njie on a Swedish supercard.

Also, Jon Fitch vs. Jake Ellenberger is in the works for UFC 126. Because when you want to convince your audience that your #2 welterweight is not just a boring wrestler, you put him against another wrestler.

Guest Mr. Potato Head

Your weekend winners: Ben Saunders, Satoshi Ishii (first-round submission of Katsuyori Shibata), former WEC fighter John Franchi, Jose Landi-Jons, Daniel Cormier, Mike Kyle.

-Recently cut Gabe Gonzaga is talking about retirement. He has a video and a couple of tweets mentioning that he might became a full time trainer.

-In bigger news, Bellator is officially without a television deal for season 4. Rebney has been giving away his personally shares of the company to investors to avoid them pulling the plug on the promotion.

Guest Mr. Potato Head

Carter and Hermes Franca were the only big names to lose on that card. Trigg, Sokoudjou, Monson and Ricco all won with ease.

And Minowaman beat a fat guy over in Asia somewhere.

• Like 1

Guest Mr. Potato Head

Reminder for those who might be interested: second-last WEC show ever is tonight, headlined by Faber vs. Mizugaki. Live on Versus (US) and The Score (Canada) starting at 9 EST.

My boy from high school, Jesse Juarez, is fighting on HDNet tomorrow night. Card's in Canada, forget the name of the organization. Dude was on the wrestling team with me, and has always been a stand-up guy. Just had a kid too, so I wish him the best, and maybe some of you guys can check it out or whatever.

• Like 2

My boy from high school, Jesse Juarez, is fighting on HDNet tomorrow night. Card's in Canada, forget the name of the organization. Dude was on the wrestling team with me, and has always been a stand-up guy. Just had a kid too, so I wish him the best, and maybe some of you guys can check it out or whatever.

Surely it's not this guy, is it: http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Jesse-Juarez-22291 ?

If so then he's fighting for the MFC (Maximum Fighting Championship) 170lb title and is on quite a tear. I was reading up on him recently after coming across him while looking up some information on Mandingo whom he trains under.