(Un)Official Metal Thread

RKOwnage

I got into them through Prequelle as well, which is funny to me because my cousin had been trying to get me to listen to Ghost for like.. years and years. And I didn't really like it, tbh. This would've been around the time Meliora came out. Didn't like them, didn't see the appeal, then Prequelle came out and they played "Dance Macabre" on the radio and I was like "hey this actually slaps who the heck is this WHAT? it's GHOST?"

But yea, my relationship to the band has always been weird, because it takes me a couple listens to really fall in love with any of their albums. I didn't suuuuper care for "Hunter's Moon" at first, for example, but now I go around the house all I'M COMIN' BACK FOR YOU MY FRIEND 🎵

On 12/03/2022 at 02:53, Cornelius Weinerbottom said:

but now I go around the house all I'M COMIN' BACK FOR YOU MY FRIEND 🎵

This is literally how I am with Spillways, just constantly singing "All your faith, all your rage, all your pain It ain't over now And I ain't talking about forgiveness!"

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Lint said:

Maybe we should make an unofficial Ghost thread. :shifty:

Any theories as to who the new guy is? It seems like Papa Cardi defers to him and is maybe even a little intimidated, so I'm guessing he's meant to be a church higher-up?

Big trigger warning on this one, for sexual assault and rape. According to Evan Rachel Wood:

Spoiler

Marilyn Manson raped and assaulted her and that's in the video for "Heart Shaped Glasses". There's a petition to have that music video removed from YouTube:

https://www.change.org/p/remove-the-video-of-evan-rachel-wood-s-sexual-assault-from-youtube?fbclid=IwAR00Miy9cw-y1Ncfh4KeRNH2vzBZVDxKkC05he3NoFpip17hXKiDcYfd3dU

says that she did not consent, she was given drugs, absinthe, and he penetrated her. While she might not be able to charge him as the statute of limitations passed, this video should not be on the internet. She speaks about this specific instance of rape, as well as goes into detail about the fact he would continue to rape what he thought was her unconscious body. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/Ghostbc/comments/tmj69u/11_ghost_songs_that_work_perfectly_with_the/

Doing it as a link to keep it from autoplaying, but good lord this is great :lol:

1 hour ago, Serpenticloud said:

"Rats" in particular syncs up real well. 

It really does!

Kiss The Go-Goat does as well

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I should have listened to this way earlier. Pretty much every song on here slaps, but I think my favorites are at 13:15 ("Weed Is Weed" by.. Weed Is Weed), and at 27:23 (Green Hog's "Bong Tolkien").

Former Children Of Bodom members Janne Wirman, Henkka Seppälä and Jaska Raatikainen have given their first joint interview about the breakup of the band and Alexi Laiho's death. Among other things they reveal that the split in 2019 had nothing do with them wanting to spend more time with the families like Laiho claimed at the time but was caused by Alexi's substance abuse problems: https://www.hs.fi/kulttuuri/art-2000008804579.html 

Also Judas Priest will be inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame this year: https://www.rockhall.com/judas-priest-0 

It is with deep sadness that we announce the passing of Trevor Scott Strnad. Beloved son, brother, and Shepard of good times, he was loved by all that met him. A walking encyclopedia of all things music. He was a hugger, a writer, and truly one of the world’s greatest entertainers. His lyrics provided the world with stories and spells and horror and whimsy. It was his life to be your show.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
800-273-8255

From The Black Dahlia Murder's FB page. 

:(

• Sad 2

So sad, he was the nicest guy. First time I met him he shouted "Dude, I look just like you!", with our similar build and beard, it was never 'I look like him', though I did drunkenly once walk around Download campsite in a fur coat claiming to be him for the laugh and free drinks, to which he said "I'd have done the same thing".

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Serpenticloud said:

US tour dates this fall with Spiritbox and Mastodon.

Damn, closest date to me is at some festival in Virginia.  Wanna see Ghost live at some point, don't want to go to a festival to do it