(Un)Official Metal Thread

RKOwnage

• 2 months later...

Metallica will release their new album "72 Seasons" on April 14th.

Tracklist:
01. 72 Seasons
02. Shadows Follow
03. Screaming Suicide
04. Sleepwalk My Life Away
05. You Must Burn!
06. Lux Æterna
07. Crown Of Barbed Wire
08. Chasing Light
09. If Darkness Had A Son
10. Too Far Gone?
11. Room Of Mirrors
12. Inamorata

Musicvideo for "Lux Æterna":

• 3 weeks later...

Having seen Babymetal live, I can tell you they are great fun. The lead guitarist can SHRED too. 

In other news, Rotting Christ sneakily released a couple of EPs yesterday - The Apocryphal Spells Vol I and II. They are collections of relatively rare songs that haven't previously been available on streaming services. 

Vol I is stuff from 1996-2000 and sounds... fine. 

Vol II is mostly much more modern, sort of 2018 onwards, and I actually think is worth checking out if you like their current style. 

• 1 month later...

Angus McSix is back with his own band. And his new song really thumbs its nose at Gloryhammer, since they fired him.

It also rips off a certain toy/cartoon franchise.....

Don't know if anyone else is a fan or not, but Kamelot has a new album coming out.

Ghost released a new version of their song Spillways, but featuring Joe Elliott of Def Leppard as a co-singer, which is awesome!

It also sucks because, its mixed so badly, you can't really hear Joe Elliott at all..

Original

With Joe Elliott

On 28/01/2023 at 03:54, Lint said:

Ghost released a new version of their song Spillways, but featuring Joe Elliott of Def Leppard as a co-singer, which is awesome!

It also sucks because, its mixed so badly, you can't really hear Joe Elliott at all..

Original

With Joe Elliott

Uh, yeah. Def Leppard is one of my all-time favorite bands, I like a lot of Ghost's music. So I checked this out on Youtube yesterday, and was less than impressed. Why they even bothered having him on it at all is beyond me. Would not be opposed to having Tobias (whatever Papa Nihil # he's using by then) guest on a DL track at some point in the future, though. 

Edited by GhostMachine
  • Like 1

Can't say it's surprising. Still sad all the same - know a fair few people who had tickets to the tour and never got to him live. 

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Going back to Decembers conversation, Babymetal have a new album out. Featuring the first song written by the main singer Su-metal

As an aside to this, after one of the girls had to quit a few years back due to long term illnesses they confirmed that they will be returning to being a three piece going forwards with a permanent replacement, the first concert of two were tonight where she wasn't miced up as the big "reveal" was she was joining after being a touring dancer for a while. There's a follow up concert tomorrow where they're teasing a reveal of something else (the cynic in me is saying a new version of the album with three vocal lines and maybe a "Black Babymetal" song) and then they'll be flying to Europe to support Sabaton with the new line up, which is sure to be a trial by fire!

1 hour ago, Brandon Cutler Fan Account said:

I checked out the first single (Harvest?), has me intrigued for whatever else they release. Simon Neil does a lot of weird, talented stuff.

yeah harvest. I love the different vocal styles on the track. Gonna keep an eye out i think