(Un)Official Metal Thread

RKOwnage

• 3 weeks later...

I love everything about this music video.

But especially,

Spoiler

"god, how will the world survive with one less average rock band made up of four straight, white guys?"

and when Aaron Beam's son is eulogizing them and he's all "To you, he's Aaron from Red Fang. To me, he'll always be my dad, my second favorite member of Red Fang. I'll miss you, John :("

:lol:

And how could I forget shirtless Matt Pike and what he "prepared" for them?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Danny Carey's been arrested, accused of having poked two fingers into an airport security officer's chest and calling them a "fucking f****t" (simple assault, IIRC, is the charge). There's video of the arrest floating around, where Carey claims he didn't do anything and is cuffed by officers and told to "stop resisting". 

On 14/12/2021 at 12:28, The Redeemer CLDY said:

Danny Carey's been arrested, accused of having poked two fingers into an airport security officer's chest and calling them a "fucking f****t" (simple assault, IIRC, is the charge). There's video of the arrest floating around, where Carey claims he didn't do anything and is cuffed by officers and told to "stop resisting". 

What a Tool...

• 2 weeks later...

In a recent interview, Sammy Hagar claimed that at one point in the late 90s after he left Van Halen, he was asked by Pantera's management to replace Phil Anselmo. He says that happened before he befriended Vinny Paul. He turned them down because he didn't want to join another band after his split with Van Halen and especially not as the replacement for another singer. Would have been interesting if that had actually happened. Could you imagine Pantera playing a Groove Metal version of Why Can't This be Love or Hagar singing Walk?

One thing I forgot to add is that once Hagar and Vinny got to know each other and Hagar asked him about it, Paul said that he had no memory of that. So it was probably just management putting out their feelers to different singers because they realized how dysfunctional the band had become and anticipated that Anselmo would leave or be fired sooner or later and not something the band themselves ever really considered. 

Edited by Hellraiser

On 25/12/2021 at 20:08, Hellraiser said:

In a recent interview, Sammy Hagar claimed that at one point in the late 90s after he left Van Halen, he was asked by Pantera's management to replace Phil Anselmo. He says that happened before he befriended Vinny Paul. He turned them down because he didn't want to join another band after his split with Van Halen and especially not as the replacement for another singer. Would have been interesting if that had actually happened. Could you imagine Pantera playing a Groove Metal version of Why Can't This be Love or Hagar singing Walk?

Could it have been during the early days when Pantera were still a glam metal band? Hagar would certainly have fit more then. 

Actually, ignore me, the dates nowhere near match-up haha. 

I don't know if anything more has come of it ( @DFFmight know? idk), but it turns out Electric Wizard are a.) on a label with a nazi band and b.) the label itself seems to have nazi ties. I know people on /r/doommetal were talking about this and how they won't be listening to EW or buying EW's new record as long as they're on a label that promotes that sort of shit. 

https://dancollen.medium.com/electric-wizard-releases-music-on-label-known-for-nazi-themed-metal-caa8b35b88c2

Electric Wizard’s newest single Lucifer’s Satantic Daughter was made for a film of the same name. Its soundtrack features at least two artists who extensively use Nazi imagery in their branding.

Grey Area Films, who produced the film Lucifer’s Satanic Daughter and Electric Wizard’s new music video released on Christmas, posted album art on social media that contained several swastikas. The iconography was self-censored, which they draw attention to in their post by calling it “(((censored)))”.

The use of triple parentheses, often called “echoes”, are commonly used to denote suspected Jewish influence as an act of deliberate antisemitism.

Grey Area Films is credited with creating Electric Wizard’s new music video released on Christmas.

Seems that Dan Collen emailed the label and Electric Wizard about it but hasn't heard back. 

First I've heard of it, but I shall have a dig amongst my contacts in the scene. 

Judas Priest have ditched Andy Sneap as a live guitarist and will play as a quartet going forward:

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/judas-priest-to-tour-as-quartet-while-former-touring-guitarist-andy-sneap-focuses-on-his-production-work/

This is weird. Priest have always been a two guitar band. The twin-lead work of Tipton and Downing was the band's major trademark (combined with Halford soaring vocals). Priest with 1 guitarist doesn't make sense. And to make things even weirder, the band's statement makes it sound like Sneap left as a live guitarist on his own accord because he wants to focus on his job as a producer. But in his own statement, Sneap says that the decision was made without his input and that he is very disappointed about it (they are still on good terms though and he is still producing the follow-up to Firepower). 

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/andy-sneap-is-incredibly-disappointed-but-respectful-of-judas-priests-decision-to-tour-as-quartet/

I get that they don't want K. K. Downing back since he has been badmouthing them basically ever since he left the band (and was actually surprised and confused about not being invited back into the band when Tipton was diagnosed with Parkinson's disease and stepped down from playing live shows), but why can't they they just get someone else to play the 2nd guitar? What about Metal Mike Chlasciak from Halford's solo band? 

Downing forming K.K.'s Priest probably doesn't help his chances of them wanting him back, either. (And Tim "Ripper" Owens being their singer doesn't exactly make me want listen to K.K.'s Priest. Owens really should go do his own shit rather than joining existing bands as a replacement or being a member of a knockoff band. And yes, I know he started out in a Priest cover band called British Steel.)

Edited by GhostMachine

Every Time I Die have broken up. 

Every Time I Die has now issued a statement saying they've broken up and are not communicating with Keith.

"Andy, Jordan, Steve and Goose's last show with Every Time I Die was on Dec 11, 2021. While we hoped to come to an agreed upon legal statement that outlined the truth, we were informed today of something planned to be released not mutually agreed upon that consists of inaccuracies and controls a narrative to benefit one.

"There has been no direct communication with Keith, because it's either impossible for direct communication with him solely or we've been cut off to any and all communication by him himself."

Felt somewhat inevitable with the way things have been reported recently in the press about them. 

On 16/01/2022 at 01:46, Bobfoc said:

Now they've reversed the decision and Sneap will be staying on.

I wonder what the point of this stunt was. I heard someone suggest is that this could have been a way of letting KK Downing in the band while saving face at the same time. They Announce that they plan to tour as a four-piece, wait for all the outrage from the fanbase to pour in and then put out a statement saying that they have listened to the fans and that to provide the best possible concert experience, they have decided to put aside your differences and welcome Downing back into the band. Make it look like you did it for the fans while at the same time not looking like a bunch of pushover for letting the guy that has been talking shit about them for years back into the band. But apparently they really thought that they could get away with touring as a quartet.

In other news, former Black Sabbath singer Tony Martin announced today that he has been informed by Tony Iommi's management that a record deal has been signed to reissue the remaining 4 Black Sabbath albums with him as a singer. So it looks like those reissues are happening this year.

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/tony-martin-says-record-deal-has-been-secured-for-reissues-of-albums-he-recorded-with-black-sabbath/

And Keith Buckley has put out a full statement regarding the break-up of Every Time I Die:

Edited by Hellraiser