(Un)Official Metal Thread

RKOwnage

Evile are back! If you don't remember them, they were part of the retro Thrash Metal wave that swept the scene in the late 2000s and early 2010s. In 2013 the guitarist Ol Drake left the band after they released their 4th album to focus on his family and start a solo career. The band continued to play some live shows every now and then, but didn't release any new material. Ol Drake returned to the band in 2018 and they played a couple of gigs with him, but there hasn't been any band activity since then. Last year Ol's brother Matt, the 2nd guitarist and lead vocalist of the band, left to spent more time with his family and because of health issues. Ol Drake will be taking over singing duties for him. Their 5th album will be named Hell Unleashed and will be out on April 30th via Napalm Records.

Edited by Hellraiser
  • Like 1

CAA dropped Marilyn Manson. People also found his 1999 memoir where he brags about abusing women. And then, last night, during a Twitch stream/podcast, Wes Borland interrupted to say his piece about the situation and called Manson a "bad fucking guy", said that he believes women who have come forward, and if you don't, "fuck you". He also recounted a story where, in the 9 months he was in Manson's band, Manson attempted to fight him on stage.

Who knew that "People = Shit" was a song about him?

9 hours ago, Hellraiser said:

Evile are back! If you don't remember them, they were part of the retro Thrash Metal wave that swept the scene in the late 2000s and early 2010s. In 2013 the guitarist Ol Drake left the band after they released their 4th album to focus on his family and start a solo career. The band continued to play some live shows every now and then, but didn't release any new material. Ol Drake returned to the band in 2018 and they played a couple of gigs with him, but there hasn't been any band activity since then. Last year Ol's brother Matt, the 2nd guitarist and lead vocalist of the band, left to spent more time with his family and because of health issues. Ol Drake will be taking over singing duties for him. Their 5th album will be named Hell Unleashed and will be out on April 30th via Napalm Records.

They did a really good cover of Pantera's "Cemetary Gates". Good covers of Pantera are rare.

Edited by GhostMachine

19 hours ago, Hellraiser said:

I'm digging it. You can tell that they are still very much influenced by Slayer, and that's not a bad thing. 

Once thing are back up and running I'm gonna try my damnedest to book them for a show here. 

On 03/02/2021 at 11:37, DFF said:

Just looking up the members of Foreigner - 

Thom Gimbel has been there for almost 30 years
Jeff Pilsen - 17 years
Kelly Hansen - 16 years 
Michael Bluestein - 13 years 
Bruce Watson - 10 years 
Chris Frazier - 9 years 

It might not be a classic line-up, but to reduce them to 'hired guns' is a tad harsh, haha! 

Have they found out what love is yet?

• Haha 1

Otep Shamaya (of the band Otep) addressed Manson's abuse. She dated a woman who was friends with Manson's current wife, and she said that Manson's wife Lindsay used to call her in a panic early in the mornings / late at night because Manson was out of his mind on drugs, throwing knives at her, and accusing her of cheating on him with an imaginary blonde man with a blonde mustache named "Don" who he claims he saw on security cameras sneaking into their house. 

1.I wouldn't use Manson's book as any kind of real source. It's very clearly made up Character work.

2. I've always found this creepy

https://lostmediaarchive.fandom.com/wiki/Groupie_(Late_90s_Short_Film_by_Marilyn_Manson)

https://metalinjection.net/editorials/back-in-the-day/black-sabbath-had-100-pure-cocaine-flown-in-on-private-planes-during-the-recording-of-vol-4

“We had a dealer who used to appear every so often,” Butler says. “He used to have these washing detergent boxes, like Persil and Oxo, and instead of washing powder in them, there’d be cocaine. And he’d literally empty these boxes of cocaine out in the middle of the table. It’d be a little mountain. And then we used to have stuff flown in by people that the manager knew.” Butler deepens his voice melodramatically: “The mafia.” He returns to normal pitch. “And they were all in these little bottles with wax tops on them. So they were, like, 100 percent pure cocaine. And that was the good stuff.”

“One day, I was sitting by the pool and I said to [a guy sitting there], ‘We had some great coke yesterday,’ and he goes, ‘Oh, I sold it to you,'” Osbourne recalls. “‘Oh, OK. What do you do?’ He said, ‘Oh, I work for the Food and Drug [Administration].’ He was an official. I went, ‘Oh, fuckin’ hell.’ He went, ‘No, you’re all right.'” Osbourne pauses. “He may have been winding me up, I don’t know. When you’re on that fucking bullshit powder, everything seems fantastic for five seconds and then you become a misery beyond belief.”

And here's the Rolling Stone interview

Sorry, I forgot it has to be "newsworthy" to be posted. My apologies. :rolleyes: It's a fun story and a good piece by Rolling Stone.

• Like 2

On 06/02/2021 at 06:37, =BK= said:

1.I wouldn't use Manson's book as any kind of real source. It's very clearly made up Character work.

Trent Reznor backs up what you said as well, calling the portion in the book where Manson tells a story about he and Reznor sexually abusing a drunk woman the night before Reznor signed Manson to Nothing Records, a complete fabrication. He's had problems with Manson since the early 2000s - I'd say if a heroin addicted Reznor hates you and thinks you're a piece of shit, you're probably a piece of shit.

Manson claimed they made up in like 2016 or something, saying Reznor emailed him and said Manson's current work (at the time) reminded him how music isn't dangerous anymore, it's not fun, and how awesome or whatever they were in the 90s. Which just doesn't sound like the Trent Reznor of today, or even 5 years ago - the same one scoring Pixar movies and putting out songs like Came Back Haunted or experimenting with jazz fusion sounds on more recent records. One guy is clearly stuck in the 90s, and the other has evolved several times over.

tl;dr - fuck Marilyn Manson and his abusive, lying ass.

• Like 1

I don't think I posted about it but the lead singer of Wolf Alice also said that when she met Manson at a festival, he kept telling her how much he loved her work while trying to film up her skirt. And yet, a week after Evan Rachel Wood posted about this and more and more women came forward, Manson's album sales and streaming stats went up. One of the writers on MetalSucks claims that it was just a blip and people checking out old songs they had fond memories of, and that his sales and streaming numbers will drop "precipitously" in the coming weeks. We'll see.

3 minutes ago, How The Cloud Stole Christ said:

I don't think I posted about it but the lead singer of Wolf Alice also said that when she met Manson at a festival, he kept telling her how much he loved her work while trying to film up her skirt. And yet, a week after Evan Rachel Wood posted about this and more and more women came forward, Manson's album sales and streaming stats went up. One of the writers on MetalSucks claims that it was just a blip and people checking out old songs they had fond memories of, and that his sales and streaming numbers will drop "precipitously" in the coming weeks. We'll see.

Two words: Morgan Wallen.

Either he goes away for awhile/enters rehab/whatever, or continues on the same path, complains about cancel culture and doubles down on everything. If I was a betting man, I'd go with the latter.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, tristy said:

Two words: Morgan Wallen.

Either he goes away for awhile/enters rehab/whatever, or continues on the same path, complains about cancel culture and doubles down on everything. If I was a betting man, I'd go with the latter.

I know Wallen dropped the n-slur but until I read your post and Googled afterward, I had no idea about his sales being up. But yeah, I'm betting on the latter as well. Every statement Manson's team has put out has been deny, deny, deny and read as being phony as fuck. 

Edited by How The Cloud Stole Christ

2 hours ago, How The Cloud Stole Christ said:

ah yeah if it were going to be any of their albums I.would have guessed that one. I think only Station to Station tops that one when it comes to the really coked up sounding albums.

Well, I did just go look at his new album on YouTube after coming into this thread. I didn't realize he'd released anything since Third Day of a Seven Day Binge and I imagine other people were in the same boat. Shame since I actually really like what I heard.

But also I am not surprised about him trying to film up a skirt of someone he just met. I've read a lot about Manson over the years and he's always been creepily way overly sexual and hedonistic in every part of his life. Like to the point I suspect the bits in the book about his Grandfather showing him beastality and the story of his neighbor molesting him multiple times are true or at least rooted in something that actually happened.