(Un)Official Metal Thread

RKOwnage

2 minutes ago, metalman said:

ah yeah if it were going to be any of their albums I.would have guessed that one. I think only Station to Station tops that one when it comes to the really coked up sounding albums.

I went on a Sabbath kick a few years back and still do it every year or so, going through and listening to a bunch of their discography, and I think Volume 4 might actually be my favorite. Had you asked me ten years ago I would have probably said Paranoid or the self-titled album but the more I listen to 4 the past few years, the more and more I love it. Doesn't hurt that one of my all-time favorite Sabbath songs ("Supernaut") is on that album as well. 

4 hours ago, How The Cloud Stole Christ said:

Stu Block and the other guitarist and bassist from Iced Earth officially quit the band.

I know Luke (bassist)'s other half Becky a little (as a promoter, I've booked her band Fury for a show, as well as seen and talked to her at a couple of gigs) and I'm not surprised Luke left at all. Just a super genuine person caught up in Jon's BS. 

I've been trying to find if Matt Barlow has made any statements regarding what Schaffer did. Especially since the jackass is his brother-in-law and they did a Christmas EP together. Haven't found anything.

But Barlow's band Ashes of Ares has a cover of "Dust In The Wind" out! :w00t:

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds promising! Will definitely be checking that out. 

So the executor of the estate of Geoff Nichols, who played Keyboard for Black Sabbath from 1979 all the way to 2004 and was credited as an official band member during the short-lived Glenn Hughes era as well as both Tony Martin eras, is going through some old tapes that Nichols left behind and found what appears to be a Black Sabbath demo of an unreleased song with Ronnie James Dio:

Edited by Hellraiser
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Hellraiser said:

Brilliant. Looks like they are sharing the vocals three ways between Kiske, Deris and Hansen. 

3 hours ago, DFF said:

Brilliant. Looks like they are sharing the vocals three ways between Kiske, Deris and Hansen. 

There was a listening session for the press. And according to the few reports about it that already came out, Kiske and Deris will do most of the heavy lifting in terms of singing. Hansen has a more prominent part on Skyfall (which is the sole Hansen song on the album) and some supporting parts in other songs. And it looks like there won't be any solo songs. Even if one singer is more prominently featured on a song than the other, the other will still be on the track. 

Edited by Hellraiser
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

She appeared in the Whitesnake music videos for Here I Go Again, Is This Love, Still Of the Night and The Deeper The Love. She also appeared on some album covers and a music video by Ratt. And she starred opposite Tom Hanks in the 1984 movie Bachelor Party. 

Dave Ellefson has been accused of grooming an underage girl and put out a statement about it that doesn’t.. seem to deny it. 

EDIT: Oh.. I just read the full thing on MetalSucks. It gets worse.

https://www.metalsucks.net/2021/05/10/megadeths-david-ellefson-responds-to-allegations-that-he-groomed-an-underage-girl/