(Un)Official Metal Thread

RKOwnage

And so the mudslinging begins: Bassist Steve Micciche has put out a statement of his own that doesn't paint Keith in the most positive light. I'd link to his Twitter profile, but he didn't post the statement as a thread but as separate tweets. So I'm linking Lambgoat instead who have the entire statement in one piece:
https://lambgoat.com/news/35455/every-time-i-die-bassist-steve-micciche-shares-his-version-of-the-bands-demise/ 

Everything about the ETID breakup seems like a huge fucking mess, holy shit. Keith Buckley finding out he was getting replaced on Twitter, finding out that the band broke up when he was told to "check Twitter"... that's pretty messed up.

EDIT: Just read Micciche's statement too. The whole thing sounds pretty fucked. 

21 hours ago, The Redeemer CLDY said:

Everything about the ETID breakup seems like a huge fucking mess, holy shit. Keith Buckley finding out he was getting replaced on Twitter, finding out that the band broke up when he was told to "check Twitter"... that's pretty messed up.

EDIT: Just read Micciche's statement too. The whole thing sounds pretty fucked. 

Sounds to me more like Keith Buckley having mental health issues and spinning things to try and make the other ETID members look bad, and the band may be planning on contiuing without him because of his problems. 

@The Redeemer CLDY The 'Halloween Kills' version of Hunters Moon is VERY different from the other version.  I actually like it more

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Wow. Jon Zazula passed away. He was the founder of Megaforce Records, and was instrumental in helping the careers of a lot of metal acts on the US east coast - the most notable probably being Metallica. He heard their demo and put up the money to record and release Kill 'Em All on Megaforce, as well as setting up their first east coast tour. 

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

It's essentially to join a mailing list / get text updates, but if you call the number it plays some of "Call Me Little Sunshine" and Sister Imperator thanks you for joining the Unholy Diocese, tells you they'll keep in touch, and if you have Ghost, you have everything.

• Like 2

On 15/02/2022 at 20:05, Octavius Shitwagon said:

Gonna get the full album treatment. I ain't mad. I liked that song and it's going to be a "thrashy, doomy album" which is up my alley 110%. 

On 12/02/2022 at 12:33, Octavius Shitwagon said:

It's essentially to join a mailing list / get text updates, but if you call the number it plays some of "Call Me Little Sunshine" and Sister Imperator thanks you for joining the Unholy Diocese, tells you they'll keep in touch, and if you have Ghost, you have everything.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Cornelius Weinerbottom said:

I like it, but I don't see that single charting very high

Listening to Impera on Spotify now and its like Tobias just said "I'll make the best damn 80s rock opera you've ever heard!"

Kaisarion and Spillways are just great.  Twenties makes a lot more sense in the context of the album

9cu68wo1zrm81.jpg

• Like 2

Yeah, I listened to most of the album yesterday. Still got the last 2 songs to go. If I'm being honest it isn't super gripping me right now, but I was the same with Prequelle.. and Meliora... etc. It usually takes me a couple listens of a Ghost album before I'm like "oh fuck, I LOVE it?"

1 minute ago, Cornelius Weinerbottom said:

Yeah, I listened to most of the album yesterday. Still got the last 2 songs to go. If I'm being honest it isn't super gripping me right now, but I was the same with Prequelle.. and Meliora... etc. It usually takes me a couple listens of a Ghost album before I'm like "oh fuck, I LOVE it?"

I got into Ghost after hearing 'Rats' on the radio and thinking "Alright, this isn't like other songs this station plays, its really good", then I got home and streamed Prequelle and loved it.

Then I listened to Meliora and also loved it.  Never got the chance to dive back farther

But yea, Impera just jumps out to me as a love song to rock operas and power ballads.  Darkness At The Heart of My Love was soooo good I thought

• Like 1