(Un)Official Metal Thread

RKOwnage

I'm not surprised tbh. Think it was more a matter of time. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Krabby said:

My dad kicked Dave Ellefson's cat into a pool one time when they were much, much younger.

What are the allegations?

He was having sexual video chats with an 18 year old woman that got leaked. The person who leaked the chats claims that the women was underage when Ellefson started to contact her and accused him of grooming. Both Ellefson and the woman he had the video chats with deny that and claim that she was of age the entire time. Ellefson is married, a born again Christian and a pastor who is very outspoken about his faith. 

Edited by Hellraiser
  • Thanks 1

https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=322729419235209&set=a.242730943901724&type=3

Does Facebook not embed posts anymore either? Either way, I want to go to this. In particular September 11th has Weedeater, Terminal Nation, and a reunion of Burned Up Bled Dry. 

2 hours ago, CLDY said:

https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=322729419235209&set=a.242730943901724&type=3

Does Facebook not embed posts anymore either? Either way, I want to go to this. In particular September 11th has Weedeater, Terminal Nation, and a reunion of Burned Up Bled Dry. 

ooof. Pallbearer, Weedeater and The Atomic Bitchwax on the same bill. Tasty! 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, DFF said:

Yeah, I think Pallbearer is headlining night 1. I'd really like to go to all 3 nights if I could swing it. The Friday that Pallbearer plays has Bask, Adam Faucett & The Tall Grass, and Sumokem. I'm not familiar with Bask or Adam Faucett but Sumokem is a local band that I've seen a couple of times now and always enjoyed. Apparently Adam Faucett is well-known enough to have a Wiki page, and he's from here as well (wow go figure right). I'll have to check him out.

I don't think they have a full line-up release for night 3 yet, but it's got Rebelmatic and is headlined by John Moreland. Rebelmatic should be pretty fucking good, they played either the 1st or 2nd Mutants of the Monster virtual fest and I really dug their set.

On 26/05/2021 at 08:36, DFF said:

I made a playlist on Spotify of artists playing this fest if you want to listen sometime, specifically to bands or artists you may not be familiar with!

1 hour ago, CLDY said:

I made a playlist on Spotify of artists playing this fest if you want to listen sometime, specifically to bands or artists you may not be familiar with!

Sure, drop the link here or in a PM. Always on the look out for more music :)

• 1 month later...

Jason Isbell covering it. I actually really dig it? So far there hasn’t been a cover off this album I haven’t liked. Miley’s “Nothing Else Matters” was good too, and so was St. Vincent’s “Sad But True” cover imo. 

The new Helloween album is brilliant; far better than I was expecting. Highly recommend for anyone that digs the band and their brand of heavy/power metal. 

• Like 2

On 30/06/2021 at 15:44, CLDY said:

Jason Isbell covering it. I actually really dig it? So far there hasn’t been a cover off this album I haven’t liked. Miley’s “Nothing Else Matters” was good too, and so was St. Vincent’s “Sad But True” cover imo. 

Miley actually does pretty good covers. The only one I can think of that I didn't care for was her version of Hall and Oates' "Maneater".

I really want to hear the Ghost and Weezer versions of "Enter Sandman", Royal Blood's "Sad But True", Cage The Elephant's "Unforgiven", The Neptunes' "Wherever I May Roam", and the My Morning Jacket and Chris Stapleton versions of "Nothing Else Matters".  Just sucks there's only one cover of "Of Wolf And Man", and I've never heard of the band that did it.

Ghost played Enter Sandman at an award show thingie like 3 years ago. It was them and members of the band Candlemass.

• 2 weeks later...

https://leatherlungcult.bandcamp.com/album/lonesome-onry-and-evil

Album art is slightly NSFW but I just started listening to this and it fucking rules. 

• Like 1

On 11/07/2021 at 02:30, CLDY said:

https://leatherlungcult.bandcamp.com/album/lonesome-onry-and-evil

Album art is slightly NSFW but I just started listening to this and it fucking rules. 

Definitely going to have to check more of their songs out....

Iron Maiden are back:

New album "Senjutsu" will be out September 3rd. It is about 82 minutes long. 

1. "Senjutsu" (8:20) Smith/Harris
  2. "Stratego" (4:59) Gers/Harris
  3. "The Writing On The Wall" (6:13) Smith/Dickinson
  4. "Lost In A Lost World" (9:31) Harris
  5. "Days Of Future Past" (4:03) Smith/Dickinson
  6. "The Time Machine" (7:09) Gers/Harris
  7. "Darkest Hour" (7:20) Smith/Dickinson
  8. "Death Of The Celts" (10:20) Harris
  9. "The Parchment" (12:39) Harris
  10. "Hell On Earth" (11:19) Harris

https://loudwire.com/iron-maiden-senjutsu-album/

4 Harris-penned long tracks. And 3 of them in a row close out the album. And only 2 songs under 5 minutes. This is going to be a slug to get through, isn't it?

Edited by Hellraiser